RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:46:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | "Find missing images" tool not always correct 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "Find missing images" tool not always correct  (Read 1559 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« on: March 16, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »

Some games I submitted images for before the crash are listed as in need of scans, when they in fact have scans.

Examples:
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=E-072-S-06411-A
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=E-072-S-07070-A
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=E-072-S-06000-A

These are games that have all the required scans (not screenshots, as those are seperate in the tool) and therefore should not be showing up as needing scans. (They are also games where I should be credited for the scans, but am not, though that isn't as important as the tool working properly)

Is there any way to fix this?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 07:57:30 PM by Sirgin » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 12:23:33 AM »

It's a database edit that was rolled back. When an image is submitted, a flag is flipped from false to true for the respective image slot.
The script we utilize picks up the images from the FTP server, so the images themselves weren't lost, which is why you see the discrepancy.

We can likely make it a bit smarter when it comes to that, but for now, just report it in the Game/Hardware thread.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 10:51:03 AM »

Ah, I see. I did found it odd, because while according to the tool the games in question are in need of images, when you go to the actual image submitting page, clearly the links are colored green, indicating there are images present.

Could the code that makes these links green (or not) be used for the missing images tool as well? As they did not get affected by the rollback.

Image below to illustrate my point:

* submit_images_page.PNG (20.88 KB, 1271x242 - viewed 254 times.)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length