RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 09:00:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | NFL Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: NFL Talk  (Read 85862 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2013, 10:46:33 AM »

I really think the Broncos have a big chance of winning the Super Bowl. They have the best combination of a good defense plus a high scoring offense, in my opinion. The Texans' offense looked quite poor the last few weeks. NFC I find harder to tell. Maybe the 49ers or the Seahawks.

At the same time I wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots back in the Super Bowl. They so often find a way. For Brady's sake he better win the next one, though. Being 3-3 in the Super Bowl wouldn't look that nice. Tongue
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2013, 05:17:35 PM »

I also think the Broncos have a good chance of getting to the Super Bowl.  The Patriots also have Gronkowski back, which is a huge boost for them.
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2013, 08:27:50 PM »

Andy Reid officially KC's head coach Monday afternoon.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2013, 09:58:18 PM »

Andy Reid officially KC's head coach Monday afternoon.

What exactly is the logic in hiring a coach that just got fired from another team? I know it happens all the time, in virtually all professional sports, but still. He's not going to magically change into someone else, or change his coaching ways. So if he failed to "make it happen" for the Eagles, why would you expect him to do so for the Chiefs?

(My question really has nothing to do with Reid in particular, just kind of popped into my mind)
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2013, 09:09:21 AM »

During his 14-year tenure, Reid has compiled the best win total (120), winning percentage (.609) and playoff victory total (10) in team history. He was the longest tenured head coach before he was fired. He is known for developing quarterbacks.

He has the experience we need in a coach now. Haley didn't have that and Crennel wasn't the head coach we thought he could be. Should have known from Cleveland, but he had a good run with Orton. Once Orton left for a backup job, Crennel didn't have the offense he did when he was winning.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2013, 02:29:22 PM »

You didn't answer my question at all. I was asking more in general. It happens all the time when coach X gets fired by team A and then immediately hired by team B.

By the way...if Reid is that good and experienced, why didn't the Eagles keep him? If he's known for developing quarterbacks maybe he could've developed that new guy, Foles?
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2013, 02:46:56 PM »

Andy Reid used to have an amazing defensive coordinator to play smash mouth football and compliment McNabb when he was in his prime.

Since his coordinator passed away he has not been able to fill the position with anybody worthy and the team has struggled. A head coach is more than just drawing Xs and Os on a white board and inspirational speeches, his coaching staff exists to nurture the talent of the team and make sure everybody is playing as a cohesive unit and helping to come up with the game plan.

The Eagles didn't really want to fire Reid, but they felt now was a good time while they were struggling to bring somebody in to revitalize the franchise and start rebuilding around new players and schemes. This happens quite often as a matter of fact, Bill Belichick was fired by the old Browns just before they moved to Baltimore, 5 years later Brian Billick and the Ravens won the Super Bowl in his 2nd season with the team. And Bill went to coach for the Patriots and has 3 rings himself.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2013, 12:33:57 PM »

"The Seahawks' 12 MAN Flag was risen atop the Space Needle on the Friday before the game against the Washington Redskins."

[img width=525 height=720]http://prod.images.seahawks.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/SEAHAWKS/assets/images/imported/SEA/photos/clubimages/2013/01-January/tempRM3_0068--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720[/img]

http://www.seahawks.com
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2013, 03:55:41 PM »

I had a great view of that from Queen Anne hill.  The view from up there blows me away.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2013, 08:12:30 AM »

"The Seahawks' 12 MAN Flag was risen atop the Space Needle on the Friday before the game against the Washington Redskins."

[img width=525 height=720]http://prod.images.seahawks.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/SEAHAWKS/assets/images/imported/SEA/photos/clubimages/2013/01-January/tempRM3_0068--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720[/img]

http://www.seahawks.com

God, what an insult to the city's most notable landmark.

Why not put up a statue of Frasier Crane near the entrance while you're at it?

And then burn down every Starbucks in King County.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Hey, I think I see Brian Bosworth up there.

Oh no! Boz, look out! Bo Jackson's right behind you, and he's about to--

OH MY GOD

*SPLAAAT*

Looks like the groundskeepers are earnin' overtime today.
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2013, 11:13:22 PM »

42-13.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2013, 11:55:25 PM »

42-13.

There goes Rick Mirer, jumping of his own accord.

And who could blame him.

Looks like Dan McGwire's next in line...

http://www.youtube.com/em...7IFPE?start=74&end=77

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2013, 02:06:42 AM »

Just whipped out My Mattel Football II handheld game, and played out tomorrow's divisional games.

Green Bay at San Francisco:

GB  14   3   14   3     34

SF    7  10    7    7     31

The Niners spotted the Packers a 14-0 lead before battling back to a 17-all deadlock at halftime.

Green Bay won it on the final play with a field goal that was set up by a 49ers interception.  Cry

Baltimore at Denver:

Bal    7   7   0   10   6    30

Den   7   7   7    3    0   24   (OT)

This one went back-and-forth all day, neither team managing a lead greater than 7 points.

While the Broncos put the game into overtime with a field goal, the Ravens won the toss and drove for the winning touchdown just three minutes into the extra period.

Well, whattaya think? Personally, I think the resulting score in the Ravens-Broncos sim is a bit high.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:20:29 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2013, 10:34:10 PM »

Actually a bit low.

And believe it or not Bagporch, but i want the 9ers to win tonight

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2013, 10:46:27 PM »

Actually a bit low.

The real shocker for me was calling the overtime.

And believe it or not Bagporch, but i want the 9ers to win tonight

Well there's still 20 minutes left.

And even though SanFran's forced a punt, they're presently on their own 7...

UPDATE:

A 2-TD lead with just under 6 minutes left? I hate to say it, but methinks this one's over.

Well, actually, I don't really hate to say it... Wink

Oh great, GB just gave the Niners a first down on a penalty. Buncha morons...

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:13:19 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length