RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 08:44:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | NFL Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: NFL Talk  (Read 85861 times)
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2013, 11:32:00 PM »

Okay, NOW it's over.

Now I can put up my Mattel Football II predictions for tomorrow's divisionals.

Houston Texans at New England Patriots

HOU   0   3   7   14    24

NE     14  7  14   6     41

Not much excitement here, as the Pats built up a solid lead and held on. From the second quarter on, the Texans never got closer than 11 points away. The Pats will go on to host the Ravens for the AFC championship for the second straight year.

And now: the one that RetroRage and Nupoile have been waiting for: The Bird Bowl.

Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons

Fair warning, guys: you're gonna be sorely disappointed.

SEA    3   7   0   7      17

ATL   14  10  0  10      34

The Seahawks never really got into the game, as several three-and-outs in the first half and turnovers in the second half doomed them. They had some opportunities in the third quarter with two long drives, only to be intercepted in the red zone both times. Another INT in the fourth quarter set up the put-away points for the Falcons, who will host the NFC championship for the first time in franchise history against the Packers 49ers.

Sorry, guys. I guess it just wasn't in the cards this year...  Sad
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:36:11 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2013, 11:39:14 PM »

Man!!!  Denver really screwed themselves.  Several Bonehead plays towards the end of regulation and OT.  It was a fun game to watch though. 
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2013, 11:49:43 PM »

Man!!!  Denver really screwed themselves.  Several Bonehead plays towards the end of regulation and OT.  It was a fun game to watch though. 

Wasn't it, though?

Weird thing was, I was watching it on NFL.com's GameCenter virtual field, and even that seemed exciting to me.

http://www.nfl.com/gamece...=highlights&tab=recap

BTW for some reason, I always like to see Peyton Manning choke in the postseason. I find it a miracle he ever even made it to a Super Bowl, let alone won one. I also get a laugh out of the fact that the "lesser" Manning has twice as many Super Bowl rings as "the chosen one" does.  Cheesy

Still, I am gonna miss seeing a possible AFC championship matchup between the Broncos and the Patriots. 'Cuz no one makes Peyton Manning his bitch more than Tom Brady.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2013, 12:13:08 AM »

Now I can put up my Mattel Football II predictions for tomorrow's divisionals.

And now: the one that RetroRage and Nupoile have been waiting for: The Bird Bowl.

Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons

Fair warning, guys: you're gonna be sorely disappointed.

SEA    3   7   0   7      17

ATL   14  10  0  10      34

The Seahawks never really got into the game, as several three-and-outs in the first half and turnovers in the second half doomed them. They had some opportunities in the third quarter with two long drives, only to be intercepted in the red zone both times. Another INT in the fourth quarter set up the put-away points for the Falcons, who will host the NFC championship for the first time in franchise history against the Packers 49ers.

Sorry, guys. I guess it just wasn't in the cards this year...  Sad

Oh, well, hmmm.....I guess this saves me from having to watch the game....
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2013, 01:25:01 AM »

Oh, well, hmmm.....I guess this saves me from having to watch the game....

That's what friends are for, right?  Grin
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2013, 11:13:26 AM »

Peyton and the Broncos were over rated all season.  All but two of their wins in the regular season were against scrubs, and ALL their losses were against playoff teams.

And they lost in the first round to the first playoff team they faced.  I'm not surprised at all, and I'm tired of hearing people call it an upset.

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2013, 04:40:28 PM »

Sad if anyone needs me, I'll be playing in a busy street.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2013, 05:04:49 PM »

Can I come play too?
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2013, 07:46:02 PM »

Sad if anyone needs me, I'll be playing in a busy street.

Can I come play too?

I will cheer my boys on to avenge you, my friends. (We NFC West supporters hafta stick together after all)

And after that... the Harbaugh Bowl, perhaps?

UPDATE: Whelp, we're down to the final four. Now I can proceed with my predictions of the conference-championship outcomes...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 08:03:47 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2013, 11:09:43 AM »

Man, there's definitely some truth to Manning not being as good in the playoffs as he is in the regular season. When it comes to the playoffs, Eli might actually be better. Although the Broncos defense is the biggest reason they lost that game. The TD pass to Jacoby Jones shouldn't have been allowed.

I expect Atlanta to loose against the 49ers. They nearly lost their huge lead against the Seahawks.

Green Bay needs a better defense or they'll have the same thing happen to them next year.

I'm kind of rooting for the Ravens to win one more SB as Lewis is retiring, but I think the Patriots will win.
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2013, 05:53:08 PM »

I want to see Falcons/Ravens, with the Falcons winning the Superbowl.  I don't want that Seahawks loss to be for nothing.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2013, 09:56:27 PM »

All right, here are the conference championship sim results.

AFC Championship

Baltimore
            7   14   6   3        30

New England       0     3   7  14        24

This one was the big shocker. By somehow managing to contain the Pats' offense, Baltimore jumped to a 21-3 halftime lead. New England had several scoring opportunities in the third quarter, but was only able to muster up a TD. The Pats' final drive fell well short as time ran out, and the Ravens will be heading off to New Orleans to face...

NFC Championship

San Francisco
     7   7    10    10     34

Atlanta               3   7     7      7     24

The first half went back and forth, with 3 lead changes as the 49ers took a 14-10 advantage into halftime. SanFran would extend that lead by another 10 points in the 3rd quarter and never relinquish it, burning up the remaining time with long scoring drives, all of which covered 85 yards or more.

And there you have it: get ready for the Harbaugh Bowl. The ultimate pigskin Civil War as brother faces brother on opposite sidelines as their players duke it out for the championship.

Now let's see how it really turns out...
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2013, 08:14:13 PM »

Are you on twitter Zag?

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2013, 09:41:46 PM »

Are you on twitter Zag?

Noop.

Why, d'ya think I'd be interested in that stuff?

BTW I'm kinda bummed that I'll be working until 2:30 PM tomorrow. I'll miss most of the game.
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2013, 01:47:47 AM »

Sometimes it's easier to talk mess about sports over twitter than message boards.  But i guess that's too high brow for some people...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length