RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 06:19:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | NFL Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: NFL Talk  (Read 86150 times)
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2013, 09:00:21 AM »

Sometimes it's easier to talk mess about sports over twitter than message boards.  But i guess that's too high brow for some people...

Yeah, 'cuz when I think highbrow, I think Twitter.

That last statement was sarcastic, by the way.

Sadly, I'm a bit too long-winded with my thoughts, making twitter an inadequate venue. I also doubt that anyone outside of these forum walls really cares about my thoughts on things. Actually, I doubt most people inside these forum walls care. Of course, one can always scroll down to the next comment.
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »

Yeah i don't say much on twitter.  I basically use it to follow local sports guys and rad their tweets during games.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2013, 08:25:18 PM »

I finally managed to catch the highlights of the NFC championship, as I was working during the entire game and all. And boy, was it an ugly one. But like they say, it's better to win ugly than to lose pretty.

All right, time for me to troll RF Generation's Pacific Northwest contingent:

Hey, Seattle Seahawks: THAT is how you come all the way back from three scores down, and not blow it at the end!

And now it's back to following the AFC championship. I really do want a Harbaugh Bowl, but I'll take Tom Brady going up against his fave childhood team, too. I bet ya didn't know he actually saw "The Catch" in person...
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2013, 09:30:59 PM »

Wait, was someone speaking there? RetroRage, did you hear anything? I just heard a bunch of squeaking.

Once the Seahawks are out of it, I pretty much just root for the AFC. I was really hoping both the niners and falcons lost somehow.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2013, 10:02:20 PM »

Wait, was someone speaking there? RetroRage, did you hear anything? I just heard a bunch of squeaking.

That would be your own sobbing as you realize just how well-stocked the 49ers' trophy case is compared to that of all the present and former Seattle pro teams combined.  Grin

[img width=700 height=525]http://www.livermorejuniorfootball.com/images/H_photos/P002.jpg[/img]

Once the Seahawks are out of it, I pretty much just root for the AFC. I was really hoping both the niners and falcons lost somehow.

Oh, the AFC, huh? The conference that deemed your boys so worthless that they kicked 'em to the curb during the realignment? Yeah, there's a real class organization to root for.  Tongue

'Course, to be fair, the Seahawks started out with the NFC West. I guess we felt a little sorry for 'em, and decided to take 'em back. God, what a horrible mistake that was.

Oooh, looks like it'll be the Harbaugh Bowl after all!

Be here next week as I give the play-by-play sim of Super Bowl XLVII...
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2013, 10:10:15 PM »

Fuck you I'm a Pittsburgh fan.

[img width=422 height=201]http://www.sportsfanlive.com/roller/pittsburghsteelersblog/resource/Steelers-six-Lombardi-trophies.jpg[/img]

It pains me to say this...

GO RAVENS!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2013, 10:17:10 PM »

Fuck you I'm a Pittsburgh fan.

[img width=422 height=201]http://www.sportsfanlive.com/roller/pittsburghsteelersblog/resource/Steelers-six-Lombardi-trophies.jpg[/img]

It pains me to say this...

GO RAVENS!

I actually kinda dig the Peelers; they denied the BlowBoys, Faders, FlimFlams and Seac*cks some Super Bowl titles back in the day. What's not to like about that?

I was pretty bummed after Neil O'Donnell gave Super Bowl XXX away with those two picks by Larry Brown...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:19:26 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2013, 11:30:21 PM »

I didn't hear any squeaking, but i definitely heard some screaming.  Probably another 49er fan stabbing somewhere.  Thems be some classy fans.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2013, 11:56:16 PM »

That would be your own sobbing as you realize just how well-stocked the 49ers' trophy case is compared to that of all the present and former Seattle pro teams combined.  Grin

[img width=700 height=525]http://www.livermorejuniorfootball.com/images/H_photos/P002.jpg[/img]

Oh do your words hurt good sir!

Tell me again, when was it the neeners filled that trophy case? Was that back when they were unfairly stockpiling the worlds supply of elite quarterbacks? I believe they even had the second best wide receiver of all time for a bit as well. I'll admit Jerry Rice was pretty good, must have been because he looked up to the best:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Largent
He even took Mr Largents number out of respect for greatness. And I seem to recall even went so far as to join the Seahawks to have his shot at true greatness.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2013, 11:32:36 PM »

Oh do your words hurt good sir!

Tell me again, when was it the neeners filled that trophy case? Was that back when they were unfairly stockpiling the worlds supply of elite quarterbacks?

Hey, life ain't fair, buddy. Some team front offices just know how to pick up and groom talent better than others.

I believe they even had the second best wide receiver of all time for a bit as well. I'll admit Jerry Rice was pretty good, must have been because he looked up to the best:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Largent
He even took Mr Largents number out of respect for greatness. And I seem to recall even went so far as to join the Seahawks to have his shot at true greatness.

I gotta admit, Steve Largent was pretty badass, especially when he got back at Mike Harden.

Better than any touchdown catch he's ever made, right there!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2013, 11:47:28 PM »

I didn't hear any squeaking, but i definitely heard some screaming.  Probably another 49er fan stabbing somewhere.  Thems be some classy fans.

Look, I like my fave teams and all, but not to the point where I'm gonna get put up on assault and attempted murder charges. The stabber is also probably one of those guys who gets into a heated argument with the ump at little league games every time a call doesn't go his kid's way.

Really, that was just the stupidest thing. Hopefully the guy will get some major prison time for that.

Hey, didn't Georgia bring back chain gangs? That'd be just perfect.

Thank God hardcore gamers hash out their differences in a more civilized manner, right?

NOW do you understand why the human species is totally f*cked? Huh? Do you?
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2013, 02:50:34 AM »

LMAO i love that video.  That kid loses his mind

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2013, 09:28:06 AM »

Wow...to be a kid again...

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2013, 12:11:19 PM »

My extended family is not having a Superbowl party for like the first time ever...WHERE AM I GOING TO GO?

When shall his new form be revealed?
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2013, 12:14:21 PM »

My extended family is not having a Superbowl party for like the first time ever...WHERE AM I GOING TO GO?

A bar, like the rest of us.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length