RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:17:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | SNES modding question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SNES modding question  (Read 872 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: April 03, 2012, 11:06:26 AM »

For any mod that requires electronics or soldering skill, I go to ApolloBoy, but I think what I want to do is pretty simple.

I want to mod my SNES to accept Famicom games.  I believe all I have to do is to dremel or grind away the plastic area that physically blocks the SFamicom carts from fitting in the American system.  Just looking for a confirmation from someone who has done it before.

Also, while we're on the subject, do we have any modders besides ApolloBoy who can post pics and how-tos for beginning modders?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 11:13:55 AM »

You are correct. Cheesy

But some individual games have lockout chips in them.

I didn't take pictures when I did mine but I found this guide for you: http://www.instructables....Games-on-an-American-Sup/

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 11:17:11 AM »

Very cool, thanks! 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length