RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:54:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 293 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1016963 times)
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3915 on: February 06, 2016, 01:36:14 AM »

Paranormal State

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3916 on: February 12, 2016, 09:26:52 PM »

Crimson Peak

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3917 on: February 17, 2016, 01:01:43 PM »

Constantine

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3918 on: February 18, 2016, 01:11:52 AM »

Mr. Holmes

Amazing acting, one of the better Sherlock Holmes adaptations. Extremely depressing on various levels though, be prepared for a more heart wrenching mystery than usual.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3919 on: February 18, 2016, 09:33:58 PM »

I recently caught the ESPN 30-for-30 feature on the '85 Chicago Bears, as well as Four Falls of Buffalo, which recounted the Bills' unprecedented four-year Super Bowl (losing) run. Speaking of losers: I also took in the America's Game: The Missing Rings shows on the '81 Chargers, '88 Bengals, and '90 Buffalo Bills. Personally, I think they shoulda done one on the '81 Bengals instead of the Chargers... but that's me.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3920 on: February 18, 2016, 10:13:17 PM »

Myth Hunters

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3921 on: February 20, 2016, 08:37:24 PM »

The Artist - (2011) - A
--> Great movie, more is less.

X-Men: The Last Stand - (2006) - C
--> Meh, run of the mill action flick, some of the effects already look dated.

The Croods - (2013) - B
--> Feelgood CGI movie, with agood vibe.

Hercules - (1997) - B-
--> Hmmm, this one might be as good as The Croods, but I expect more from Disney...I suppose it isn't easy to live up to the Lion King and other great movies of the era.

Johnny English Reborn - (2011) - C+
--> Gillian Anderson and Rosamund Pike! The film itself is mostly typical Bean stuff.

The Fox and the Hound - (1981) - B-
--> Sweet and innocent. Slow paced. I didn't realize this movie was made in 1981. It could as well have been 1960. It feels ancient if you watch this today. Are today's movies paced better, or do we simply no longer have an attention span worth mentioning?

The Squid and the Whale - (2005) - B+
--> Great comic drama style movie...the subject is quite banal but holds up.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3922 on: March 12, 2016, 05:50:03 AM »

Oz the Great and Powerful - (2013) - B
--> Not bad, and great visuals too.

The Bridges of Madison County - (1995) - A
--> Very good, slow-paced romantic movie with Clint Eastwood & Meryl Streep.

Looper - (2012) - B+
--> Good, but I was expecting there to be a deeper level. The ending was kind of random, and I was hoping for more of a "holy shit" feeling at the end, sort of like Inception.

Cowboys & Aliens - (2011) - B-
--> Really odd theme for a movie. I bet this came out of a brainstorm session and they just decided to go with it.

Shutter Island - (2010) - A-
--> Wow! This had the kind of ending that Looper really needed.

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift - (2006) - F
--> Damn, so bad it hurts. It also really annoys me when theycast 23-24 year olds who do not look young to pretend to be highschool kids.

La Grande Bellezza - (2013) - A++
--> Best move I've seen this year. Wondeful filmography, wonderful dialogue scenes.

White House Down - (2013) - C-
--> Cookie cutter stuff. What's more, I watched a movie some months ago with almost the same plot! Except in that one, the bad guys were Koreans. I should look at my posts in this thread, because I can't remember the title. The best part was that during the first 15min or so of this movie, I thought I was watching that other one again!

The Wolverine - (2013) - B
--> Much better than Xmen Last Stand, which I watched some time ago. The story was quite focussed, which helped a lot.

The Ninth Gate - (1999) - B+
--> The atmosphere of this movie was just fantastic. Unfortunately the writers didn't know what to do with the story at the end, so they just had a stupid open ending.

The Other Woman - (2009) - B-
--> Not a bad movie, but the director made the kid way too annoying.

Django Unchained - (2012) - A+
--> Django!!!

Mission: Impossible II - (2000) - C+
--> Meh, not that good at the end.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3923 on: March 18, 2016, 09:51:49 PM »

A part of me wants to witness the scenario George Carlin lays down here:

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3924 on: March 19, 2016, 01:52:59 AM »

I loved hearing George perform that bit Live.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 01:56:07 AM by EngineerMike » Logged

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3925 on: April 29, 2016, 06:24:36 PM »

Arrietty - (2010) - A
--> Great Studio Ghibli movie.

Gosford Park - (2001) - A
--> I've seen this movie at least 3 times before, still as entertaining as ever. Best part is when Jeremy Northam starts playing the piano.

Spartacus - (1960) - C-
--> Damn, is this movie boring! I guess I should cut it some slack because it was made in 1960, but sheesh, it's an hour too long. Endless monologues...I guess the fight scenes were considered good back in the day?

Eight Below - (2006) - C+
--> Simple story, but not too bad of a movie.

The Mighty - (1998) - C
--> Friendship conquers all. Yay!

Death Race - (2008) - B-
--> Hilariously unrealistic plot, but great fun.

Non-Stop - (2014) - B
--> Great thriller with Liam Neeson

Red 2 - (2013) - B-
--> A bit of a cheap cash-in sequel to Red, but still ok.

12 Years a Slave - (2013) - A+
--> Wow, what a movie.

Maverick - (1994) - B+
--> Great comedy western

Enemy of the State - (1998) - B
--> Probably the 10th time I've seen this movie, and still as good. All the chase scenes with the satellite footage is the best.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3926 on: May 08, 2016, 05:00:03 PM »

Crash - (2004) - B+
--> Great movie. I had never heard of it before, so I went in expecting nothing. Never realized this movie won several Oscars, including Best Picture.

Thor - (2011) - B-
--> This is one of the Marvel movies that isn't too bad (imo). The grand fight at the end is a bit silly though.

Oliver Twist - (2005) - B-
--> I'm not entirely convinced. The movie does have that "Dickens" look about it, which I like. But I guess I never knew the Oliver Twist story until now. It's kind of boring. I read Tales of Two Cities last year and that has a far more interesting story compared to this. Maybe the book is better though.

Pay It Forward - (2000) - C+
--> Cheesy as hell, but ok movie. Haley Joel Osment has a very annoying look, that he uses way too often, especially when he's acting sadness.

Man of Steel - (2013) - B-
--> Some aspects of the film I like, such as Superman finding it hard to live among humans (very similar to Thor actually). However the animosity between him and General Zod feels so...fabricated. As if they had to invent some nonsensical reason for Zod to hate Superman and try to destroy earth. I realize this plot was probably written for a comic book 30 years ago, where it might not matter much, but here it seems forced.

Cold Mountain - (2003) - A
--> Terrific movie, I love historical dramas like this.

The Maiden Heist - (2009) - C-
--> Very weird movie. It's a comedy heist film about 3 old museum guards. I think the plot could've been better. It also ends rather abruptly.

Rango - (2011) - B
--> One of the better non-Pixar animated movies out there. Rango's character is the best aspect of the movie.

The Great Gatsby - (2013) - B+
--> Enjoyed this movie a lot. So stylistic in the way some scenes follow each other. DiCaprio is incredible like always.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3927 on: June 07, 2016, 05:02:22 PM »

Almost immediately after finding out about the death of Muhammad Ali, my thoughts turned to the barber shop scene in Coming to America.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3928 on: June 10, 2016, 11:11:39 PM »

Getting caught up on the highlights from Game 4 of the NBA Finals.

This one was particularly entertaining at the 33-second mark:

BTW I actually saw and heard a few fireworks go off in my neighborhood after the win. It's a little early for that, folks...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3929 on: June 12, 2016, 04:04:16 PM »

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - (2014) - B
--> Is any of this in the actual book? the battles are nice and epic, but there seems to be a lack of "adventure" as well as character development (except for Thorin).

Inside Out - (2015) - A
--> Pixar at its best.

Iron Man 2 - (2010) - B
--> Entertaining, but that's about it.

Safe House - (2012) - B-
--> Interesting concept, but the action scenes weren't the best, as well as Ryan Reynolds performance.

Tamara Drewe - (2010) - B+
--> Comedy that ticks all the right boxes, with good performances by Gemma Arterton, Roger Allam and Tamsin Greig. The two teenager girls are hilarious in this.

2 Guns - (2013) - B
--> This is a chliché action movie, but the banter between Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg make it worth the watch.

The Frozen Ground - (2013) - B+
--> Interesting detective/thriller movie starring Nicolas Cage. The ending was perhaps a bit predictable, but still good.

The Bucket List - (2007) - B
--> Two men find out they're both terminally ill and decide to go on a world tour. I enjoyed it a lot, but real cancer patients probably won't like how lightly the two protagonists seem to take their illness.

The Hangover Part II - (2011) - C+
--> If you can look past the fact that this movie's plot is virtually identical to the original hangover, it's not too bad.

X-Men: Days of Future Past - (2014) - A-
--> The best X-Men movie I've seen. A bit better than The Wolverine. Much better than X-Men: The Last Stand, which has really dated looking effects.

The Angels' Share - (2012) - A
--> At first I thought this was going to be another "marginalized youth do stupid things" movie, on which the Brits seem to have a patent. But it turned into a great story with a great ending.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - (2014) - A
--> Very original and random story. Daring visual style, the camera always looks straight at a wall/background...you have to see it for yourself.

Custer of the West - (1967) - C
--> This film tries to do too much at once, and fails at everything. It's also a bit too long, with some unnecessary scenes.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - (2011) - B
--> Probably too much like the original, but still entertaining.

Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace - (1999) - C-
--> This movie's script really is its biggest downfall. There isn't much emotion, so the audience doesn't really care what happens. Watch Plinkett's review simultaneously for most enjoyment.

Jane Eyre - (2011) - B-
--> Not too bad, but after seeing the 2006 miniseries starring Ruth Wilson, I can't help but feel that Mia Wasikowska underacts every single scene. Compared with the miniseries, it also leaves out way too many scenes, as a result there's not enough time to build the relation between Eyre and Rochester. A missed opportunity, because the costumes/decors are great.

Contagion - (2011) - B
--> An unknown virus appears in Hong Kong and nobody has a vaccine. The story starts great but sort of derails a bit towards the end. It also ends quite abruptly, which could've been done better, in my opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 293 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length