RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:42:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 293 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1016852 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3840 on: July 02, 2015, 08:45:54 PM »

Checked out a movie called Primer last week. Was much better than i was expecting since it was written directed and starring the same guy (if memory serves). Was about a could guys who accidentally make a time machine. It was an interesting take.

He also did a movie called Upstream Color which if you can believe is a gazillion times better than Primer.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3841 on: July 04, 2015, 10:01:22 AM »

Added to my queue at your suggestion.

The premise seems less interesting to me but i'll still give it a go Smiley
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:02:55 AM by Izret101 » Logged

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3842 on: July 04, 2015, 10:59:42 AM »

I'll admit that saying it's "a gazillion times better than Primer" is really hyperbolic, but I think it's just a huge step forward as far as production for Shane Carruth.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3843 on: July 04, 2015, 11:04:11 AM »

As for me, the wife and I just finished the last episode of Death Note. Crazy awesome series.

She bought Psycho-Pass 2 on Amazon streaming for an anniversary gift for me (my gift to her was a Death Note lol).

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3844 on: July 06, 2015, 09:25:59 PM »

Bloodsport

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3845 on: July 07, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »

I recently started a rewatch of the Dark Angel TV show.  I also have been watching the original 21 Jump Street series off and on via Hulu.  Surprisingly, it still kind of holds up in some ways.  Yes, it's a bit cheesy, but it did have an edge to it.  It's weird though, because either they redubbed parts of the show to get it on broadcast TV, or Hulu has a mildly censored version, because you can tell there are times when they're saying something, but you hear something else.  It's a little goofy...

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3846 on: July 07, 2015, 08:59:40 PM »

Dead Silence

subassy
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3847 on: July 08, 2015, 12:10:21 PM »

I didn't see anybody mention Mr. Robot. It's on USA Network. The first episode was released free a whole bunch of places as a promo. It's been getting universal praise as far as I can tell. In fact I heard the network picked it up for season two before it even premiered officially on the network. It's good  nod

Well I soon will be watching the walking dead spin-off. I think it starts in August. And The Strain is starting again soon. I enjoyed the first season. Neither of those really qualify for the "right now" part but...close enough?

I actually do like Wayward Pines although I get the feeling I'm missing quite a bit from the book.

If anybody needs something to watch and missed Silicon Valley...brilliant, brilliant. An very hard R-rated brilliant, still brilliant.

"UNIX is very simple, it just needs a genius to understand its simplicity." -Dennis Ritchie
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3848 on: July 09, 2015, 08:37:13 AM »

Started watching The Devil is a Part-Timer last night with the Mrs.

It is really funny and I would recommend it highly based on the first three episodes.

One thing that is bothering the shit out of us though is that things that you would expect to be subtitled, even when you have the subs off, don't sub. Street signs, title cards, etc.

This show exacerbates that problem right away in the first episode with the characters speaking Latin for about the first three minutes. So you have to go turn the subs on. Then when they start speaking English the subs are still on but the subs can be very different from what is being said in the dub. It can be very distracting.

I'm glad all these shows are available for streaming (we're watching on Netflix) but something is lost here between Funimation and Netflix. 

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3849 on: July 11, 2015, 09:02:07 PM »

Ghost Adventures

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3850 on: July 12, 2015, 08:54:15 PM »

Across the Universe

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3851 on: July 13, 2015, 08:55:41 PM »

I'm glad all these shows are available for streaming (we're watching on Netflix) but something is lost here between Funimation and Netflix. 

It is kinda hidden away in their menus since they changed the site a few months ago but if you sign in to netflix.com you can go here:
https://www.netflix.com/WiViewingActivity

From there you can report issues with whatever you have recently watched.
It turns out there is even a specific option for a bad sub/miscaptioning.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3852 on: July 13, 2015, 09:02:43 PM »

What Lies Beneath

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3853 on: July 14, 2015, 05:34:52 AM »

Doctor Who on Netflix.  The first time around I didn't like Matthew Smith very much, but this time around he's starting to grow on me, I think.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3854 on: July 14, 2015, 09:00:58 PM »

It is kinda hidden away in their menus since they changed the site a few months ago but if you sign in to netflix.com you can go here:
https://www.netflix.com/WiViewingActivity

From there you can report issues with whatever you have recently watched.
It turns out there is even a specific option for a bad sub/miscaptioning.

Thanks man, we've also found that watching the show on a bigger tv helps. The subs take up less of the screen so it's easier to read them only when you need to.

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 293 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length