RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:14:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 293 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1016588 times)
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #3945 on: November 14, 2016, 11:27:16 PM »

I am currently watching the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie on Laserdisc.

great movie.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3946 on: November 16, 2016, 10:09:07 PM »

Been following all the commercial airliners-- and a few private planes-- in-flight around the world at...

https://www.flightradar24.com
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3947 on: November 17, 2016, 03:34:31 AM »

Been following all the commercial airliners-- and a few private planes-- in-flight around the world at...

I just checked that site out. Pretty cool.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3948 on: November 27, 2016, 01:01:23 PM »

Thor: The Dark World - (2013) - B
--> More of the same, but I do like the Thor universe.

Kon-Tiki - (2012) - B
--> Interesting movie about a group of Norwegian explorers who take a raft across the pacific ocean from Peru to the Polynesian islands.

The Englishman Who Went up a Hill but Came down a Mountain - (1995) - B+
--> Great comedy, enjoyed it.

The Maze Runner - (2014) - B+
--> Very innovative sci-fi (can you even call this sci-fi?) story, great concept & great execution, too.

Star Trek Into Darkness - (2013) - B+
--> I'm not a Star Trek fan, but I do like this movie and the 2009 franchise reboot. Benedict Cumberbatch seems to be awesome in everything.

Iron Man 3 - (2013) - B
--> More of the same Marvel stuff, but hey, Iron Man is a cool guy.

The Great Gatsby - (2013) - A
--> Second viewing, but doesn't dissapoint. I read the novel as well, and I do feel this movie represents it well.

Kundun - (1997) - A-
--> Historical drama about the childhood & young adulthood of the current Dalai Lama.

Boyhood - (2014) - A+
--> Incredible movie. Maybe the story isn't the best ever, but the idea of filming the same actors for 11-12 years is just amazing. The boy kind of remains the same for a long while, but then really starts growing up when he hits puberty.

War Horse - (2011) - A
--> Another terrific movie. Maybe the story is a bit predicable, but you can't fault it beyond that.

Transporter 3 - (2008) - B
--> Jason Statham is a badass!

Carnage - (2011) - A
--> This movie is 100% conversation between the 4 main characters, all in the same room. Great craftsmanship by Polanski.

Dans la maison - (2012) - B+
--> Another great movie...French movie.

Thunderbolt - (1995) - C-
--> Jackie Chan is much better in his all-out comedy action movies. This one tries to be serious and funny at the same time, and sort of fails at both.

Black Hawk Down - (2001) - B+
--> The portayal of war in this movie seems very realistic, although of course I can't say for sure. The "natives" seem to be potrayed maybe a bit too...animalistic.

Midnight in Paris - (2011) - A
--> Nobody does these types of movies better than Woody Allen and this is one of his best ones in recent years.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3949 on: November 28, 2016, 02:43:27 AM »

My recent interest in public-TV icon Bob Ross has led me to some Let's-Play-type YouTube videos where the player watches an episode of The Joy of Painting, while attempting to copy Ross's masterpiece in real time using Mario Paint.

Ladies and Gentlemen, brace yourselves for... The Joy of Mario Paint.

Considering the limitations of Mario Paint, I think these came out pretty good.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3950 on: December 26, 2016, 02:08:27 PM »

Some more movies of past few months...

Deux jours, une nuit - (2014) - A-
--> Drama about a woman trying to keep her job.

United 93 - (2006) - B+
--> I went in a little bit sceptical, but a really good movie.

The Ghost Writer - (2010) - A
--> Great thriller, loved the suspense during the dock/harbor scene.

Welcome to the Rileys - (2010) - B
--> Ok drama, but not the best.

The Ides of March - (2011) - A
--> Great movie about an unusual suspect, with fantastic performances by Gosling and Hoffman.

Mission: Impossible III - (2006) - B-
--> Not as good as Ghost protocol, but way better than II.

The Terminator - (1984) - A
--> Classic. Some scenes look a bit dated, as one would expect. The 80ies hair looks a bit comical today.

Office Space - (1999) - B+
--> "That would be great, mmmk!"

John Wick - (2014) - B
--> Maybe a bit too much action, but the style is really nice.

Wadjda - (2012) - A
--> Definitely a must-watch, as this is a movie about Saudi-Arabia, shot in Saudi-Arabia, which is really rare in a country that doesn't really have a cinema culture.

Interstellar - (2014) - A+
--> Just epic, one of the best movies I've seen in years.

The Da Vinci Code - (2006) - B
--> Can't believe this movie is already 10 years old. Heck, nearly 11 now. If you would have told me it's 5 years old, I would have believed you.

Notes on a Scandal - (2006) - B+
--> Judi Dench is a huge b*tch in this movie, haha.

Incendies - (2010) - A
--> The final reveal is mindblowing.

Riddick - (2013) - C+
--> Easily the weakest movie of this list, but every now and then I really don't mind a senseless action movie.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3951 on: December 27, 2016, 08:56:28 PM »

YouTube reaction/commentary videos on the security guard who was taped performing poorly-concealed acts of... self-abuse... near some cheerleaders at a San Diego Chargers game. And no, I won't link any of them here; head on over to YouTube and see for yourself... if you dare. Talk about pulling for the home team, amirite?

ANYway, I'll leave you with the greatest comment ever about the incident:

As a tribute to Tom Brady, he's deflating his balls.

HEY NOW!
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3952 on: December 30, 2016, 12:13:43 AM »

Watching episodes of the Haunting with my family tonight.

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3953 on: January 23, 2017, 06:26:42 AM »

Trainspotting, in preperation for the sequel

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3954 on: January 23, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »

Enjoying BOTH the British and American versions of a modern day Sherlock Holmes

* untitled.png (395.89 KB, 748x498 - viewed 209 times.)

* Sherlock-Joan-sherlock-and-joan-32149473-500-375.jpg (44.3 KB, 500x375 - viewed 341 times.)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3955 on: January 26, 2017, 12:35:01 PM »

this is a good one too, though the quality isn't as good as the real radios in the plane:

http://www.liveatc.net/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3956 on: January 26, 2017, 11:48:42 PM »

Been watching a ton of documentaries on the Holocaust over the last few days. Needless to say, I've been feeling a bit depressed lately.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3957 on: January 29, 2017, 12:54:03 PM »

Some more movie over the past month or two.

The Normal Heart - (2014) - B+
--> Well acted drama about the rise of the HIV epidemic in New York in the 80ies.

The Machinist - (2004) - B+
--> Interesting movie, the color palette is so washed out. Christian Bale really starved himself for this role.

21 Jump Street - (2012) - B
--> At first I found this movie cringe-worthy, but it somehow manages to work as a comedy, which I didn't expect.

Home Alone - (1990) - A
--> Such a christmas classic, probably the 10th time I've seen it.

Christmas with the Kranks - (2004) - D
--> Not a good movie and annoyed me with too many clichés.

The Lady in the Van - (2015) - A-
--> Great performance by Maggie Smith.

Looking for Eric - (2009) - B+
--> British drama, interesting story, worth the watch.

Great Expectations - (2012) - B
--> It felt like the makers tried to make this movie as "Dickens" as possible. Sometimes, it felt a little over the top.

Road - (2014) - B
--> Documentary film about the Irish Dunlop family of motor race drivers. They compete in the Isle of Man TT and other such public road races.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - (2016) - B+
--> This doesn't quite have the same appeal as Harry Potter, but the Potter/magical universe still provides a strong foundation for an enjoyable movie.

Empire of the Sun - (1987) - A-
--> It's Christian Bale again! The movie seems to linger a bit too long during the middle part, but still great.

The Matrix - (1999) - A
--> A landmark in the science fiction genre, still holds up well today.

Despicable Me 2 - (2013) - B
--> More of the same stuff. It's alright as far as CGI movies go, can't quite believe how succesful this franchise has been.

Gravity - (2013) - A+
--> I was absolutely blown away. Saw this one on Blu-ray. The visuals, the tension of the story, just incredible. Different from Interstellar, but just as good in my opinion. A must-watch.

Anna Karenina - (2012) - B
--> I was annoyed with the "fast cuts" editing in the beginning, but the movie eventually settles down and ends up doing ok.

American Hustle - (2013) - A-
--> Great heist/con artist type movie.
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #3958 on: February 01, 2017, 02:52:13 PM »

I've gone on record in recent years as saying that I usually don't enjoy watching movies because I get bored and feel like I'd much rather be playing video games.  However, recently I've done a complete 180, and haven't been playing many video games lately but have been watching a ton of movies instead.  Here's everything I've watched in the month of January:

The Guardian - Really enjoyed this one.  I usually just think of Ashton Kutcher as the goofy guy from That 70s Show, but it's nice to know that he can play some serious roles also.

Apollo 13 - I think I saw this in theaters when it first came out, but I was too young to really remember it.  It was pretty good.  This will be the first of many Tom Hanks movies to appear on this list.

Air Force One - This one was pretty good.  I don't have much else to say about it.

Executive Decision - Felt pretty similar to Air Force One, and I enjoyed it about the same.

Cast Away - Great movie.  I used to watch a lot of survival shows a few years back, and this one tapped into that special interest of mine.

The Game - This was kind of a bizarre movie, but I liked it.  Many twists and turns, but I think it took one turn too many.  I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it, but I think I would have preferred it if it had ended the way it looked like it was going to before the last twist.

Goodfellas - Ugh, I know this is a highly regarded movie, but I found it to be utterly boring.  I have some friends who said the same thing after I told them I recently watched this, so it's not just me.

My Cousin Vinny - This one was pretty good.  It took some time to really get going, but was very entertaining once it did.  I wish there were more courtroom scenes where Vinny actually seemed to know what he was doing instead of bumbling his way through it, but I guess that was kind of the point of the movie.

Grudge Match - This is essentially Rocky vs Raging Bull.  I love the Rocky movies but have never seen Raging Bull.  This one was alright.  I think I would have preferred it if it wasn't so silly and took itself a bit more seriously.

Escape Plan - I'm a big fan of 80s action movies, particularly some of Stallone's and Schwarzeneggar's best, so I was definitely intrigued by this one.  It was alright, but nothing particularly great.

Rush Hour - Good movie, but not quite as good as I remember it.  Chris Tucker is hilarious.

48 Hrs. - I don't know what it is, but I really like watching movies from the 80s.  Just the way the people and cities look really make me nostalgic.  But anyway, this one was alright.  The constant bickering between the two main characters started to annoy me.

Another 48 Hrs. - I liked this one a little better than the first one.

Missing in Action - I don't think I've ever watched a Chuck Norris movie before, but this one didn't really sell me on him.  This just felt like a crappy version of Rambo.

Se7en - Great movie.  I was already aware of the twist at the end, but it was still really cool watching it all unfold.

Mad Max - Didn't care for this one.  Felt pretty dull most of the time and jumped around a bit too much.  It also felt really contrived how Max and wife leave town and go who knows where and still somehow manage to run into the same biker gang that was terrorizing the place they just left.

Do The Right Thing - I liked this one.  Again, the 80s city setting really helps.  I was a bit disappointed with how it ended, but I think they were going for some sort of social commentary.

Tommy Boy - I really enjoyed this one.  I've never watched a Chris Farley movie before, but I'll be checking out some more in the future.

Dutch - I was mainly interested in this one as a chance to see Ed O'Neill as somebody other than Al Bundy.  It wasn't quite as good as I had hoped, but I liked it.

Taken - This one was pretty good.  Gets straight to the point without much fluff, which I like.

Big - I really enjoyed this one.  It was very interesting watching a 12 year old kid adapting to adult life, and Hanks does such a great job with these types of roles.

Phone Booth - I saw this one when it first came out, but didn't really remember it.  I like this one.  Some good 'on the edge of your seat' moments.

The Money Pit - I don't have much to say about this one.  It was alright, not great.

Ocean's Eleven - I liked this one, but not as much as I thought I would.

Black Mass - I really enjoyed this one.  Johnny Depp is unrecognizable as Whitey Bulger and does a great job of playing a cold-hearted, intimidating character.  Watching the drama surrounding his rise and fall was very entertaining.

The Ref - This one was alright.  A bit more crude than I was expecting.  Not that I really have a problem with that, I just thought this was more of a kid-friendly movie.

Fight Club - Never saw this one before, but I really enjoyed it.  I was already aware of the twist, but it was still entertaining to watch it from that perspective.

Road to Perdition - I thought this one was alright.  Some parts of it were kind of boring, but the last third or so is good.  I really liked the ending.

Independence Day: Resurgence - This was ok.  I liked the original a lot more.  It felt too much like a rehash since they brought back literally every character who didn't die in the first movie... except Will Smith!

Uncle Buck - I have to echo here what I said about Tommy Boy.  Really good movie, and I've never really seen a John Candy movie before, but want to check out more.

The Principal - I feel like this is one of those movies that most people don't like as much as I did, but I really enjoyed this one.  I mostly only know Jim Belushi from that sitcom he starred in a while back (I forget what it's called), so I had my doubts that he could pull off the role of a badass principal, but he pulls it off well.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3959 on: February 07, 2017, 09:08:30 AM »

I heard someone on TV talking about this and how good they thought it was. Man this creeped me out no end. Great film.

* images.jpg (9.35 KB, 260x390 - viewed 269 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 293 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length