RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:38:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 293 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1016955 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4065 on: June 12, 2020, 01:47:39 PM »

Watched The Monster Club.  Man, that movie is so cheeeeesy.  Free on Amazon Prime.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4066 on: June 12, 2020, 08:26:55 PM »

Just as I thought I was over the 1980s, the 1980s dragged me back in again when I discovered the official Hunter YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c...Zvb2ZiQeNXt8V1Q/playlists

I simply can't escape my fate, guys... it was nice knowing you all.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4067 on: June 13, 2020, 02:34:15 PM »

Just as I thought I was over the 1980s, the 1980s dragged me back in again when I discovered the official Hunter YouTube channel.

Damn!  I forgot about that show.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4068 on: June 13, 2020, 10:21:13 PM »

The Goonies

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4069 on: June 20, 2020, 10:24:46 PM »

Dracula Dead and Loving It

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4070 on: June 21, 2020, 04:33:20 PM »

Damn!  I forgot about that show.

That is both the beauty and the curse of the 80's: there was so much stuff that was put out, you're definitely gonna forget some of it.

And speaking of so much stuff, Stephen J. Cannell was cranking out action TV shows like nobody's business back in the day, with my latest interest, Hardcastle &McCormick, being but one example:

Man, the opening theme song is about as "Inspirational 80's" as a tune can get.

Thankfully, they switched it out to something a bit more rockin':

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4071 on: June 23, 2020, 09:09:46 AM »

Man, I haven't thought about Hardcastle and McCormick for years.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4072 on: June 23, 2020, 06:55:19 PM »

Man, I haven't thought about Hardcastle and McCormick for years.

Understandable, seeing as how it went a mere three seasons. Hey, not all of Stephen J. Cannell's efforts were mega-hits...

...like Riptide for example:

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4073 on: June 24, 2020, 08:49:31 AM »

That one I never even heard of before.

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4074 on: June 24, 2020, 02:53:54 PM »

So for some reason, I've had an inkling to watch my Transformers Gen 1 DVD's lately. I love it for it's nostalgic value, and who doesn't like robots and cars. But it also makes me laugh at all the inconsistencies in it. The rules of the Transformers universe change from episode to episode based on what was needed for that story.

Still, it's Transformers, and it's Gen 1, so it's always worth it.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4075 on: June 24, 2020, 07:26:07 PM »

That one I never even heard of before.

It only lasted a little over 2 years. I only remember it 'cuz my parents watched it.

So for some reason, I've had an inkling to watch my Transformers Gen 1 DVD's lately. I love it for it's nostalgic value, and who doesn't like robots and cars. But it also makes me laugh at all the inconsistencies in it. The rules of the Transformers universe change from episode to episode based on what was needed for that story.

Still, it's Transformers, and it's Gen 1, so it's always worth it.

As someone who watched the entire G1 run a little over a year ago (SHOCKER!), it's easily some of the most ridiculously corny nonsense out there, even for a glorified '80s toy commercial. And yeah, there were continuity inconsistencies all over the place, particularly with the origin of my fave combiner team, the Constructicons. Still, it was this show-- and, to  a lesser extent, the concurrently-running Marvel comic book series-- that have come to be expected in subsequent continuities. Such tropes include at least one death & resurrection of Optimus Prime, Megatron eventually being resurrected as Galvatron, Unicron appearing and fixin' to rip $#!+ up, and Starscream as a constantly scheming would-be usurper of Megatron's leadership. Oh, and we mustn't forget the Autobot matrix of leadership!

ANYway, since I've already blown through the latest season of Air Disasters-- a revelation none of you find the least bit surprising--I'm about to dig into season 2 of Disasters at Sea. This is just the sort of uplifting, happy-go-lucky material I need to cope with all the stuff going on in the outside world right now.

- 'Late
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4076 on: June 25, 2020, 04:14:52 PM »

Restarted Person of Interest with my Beloved and oldest. All enjoying thus far, so I ordered the rest of the seasons.

Picked up some of Ravi Zacharias' DVDs in case his passing inflates prices. Love listening to that guy.

Keelah se'lai
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4077 on: July 03, 2020, 10:41:33 PM »

Friday The 13th Part VI
House

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4078 on: July 05, 2020, 02:07:38 PM »

Restarted Person of Interest with my Beloved and oldest. All enjoying thus far, so I ordered the rest of the seasons.

Picked up some of Ravi Zacharias' DVDs in case his passing inflates prices. Love listening to that guy.

Ravi Zacharias passed?  Wow, don't know how I missed that.  Probably one of the best speakers I've ever heard (though never live, I am sorry to say) and also one of the wisest.  Man.

Well, I was sinking into Red Cliff, that John Woo flick.  Free on Vudu with commercials.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4079 on: July 11, 2020, 12:05:05 AM »

Rear Window
The Warriors

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 293 Print 
« previous next »