RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:32:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 293 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1017511 times)
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4110 on: October 01, 2020, 02:47:30 AM »

I'm watching the South Park Pandemic Special

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4111 on: October 02, 2020, 10:15:46 PM »

Scooby-Doo On Zombie Island

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4112 on: October 08, 2020, 09:35:21 AM »

Into season 5 of Alias, and hoping to wind that down quickly, especially since it's only a half-season.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4113 on: October 08, 2020, 07:47:30 PM »

Started Season 8 of The Facts of Life and watching Saved By The Bell.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4114 on: October 09, 2020, 09:00:10 PM »

The Haunting of Bly Manor

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4115 on: October 09, 2020, 10:56:52 PM »

The Fog

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4116 on: October 10, 2020, 06:37:00 PM »

The YouTube algorithm is starting to recognize my status as a Child of the 80's; it recommended this little gem from that neon-dappled era of gaudiness:

Aerobics, Crystal Light, and Alan Thicke (RIP) at the height of his hosting powers? It just doesn't get more 1980s than that!

BTW I'm pretty sure that this was an inspiration for the Monkey Majik music video for Delicious:

And it undoubtedly was an inspiration for this Key & Peele sketch:

I loved how they made the main footage of this sketch look like it was recorded on video tape...

Speaking of inspiration and the 1980s, who could forget the 1985 Chicago Bears' Super Bowl Shuffle music video...

...which inspired late-aughts YouTube phenom Scott Gairdner to create the Sex Offender Shuffle:

After you watch this, be sure to check out the comments section. Most of the commens near the top were posted by "offenders" featured in the video.

Interestingly enough, shortly after this premiered, some people apparently didn't realize that it was a parody, and was neither an actual public service video from the late 1980s, nor a hoax. Noted YouTube-based internet historian WavyWebSurf provides a fairly concise breakdown of the situation:

But as entertaining as The Sex Offender Shuffle is, Gairdner's most entertaining works are the Juggalo News Network segments:

Needless to say, YouTube is quite the rabbit hole into which one may deeply dive... and never escape.

...'Late
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4117 on: October 11, 2020, 02:45:14 PM »

I assume you've seen this recut of the 1988 Aerobics Championship, where it loops a portion of the song, and synchronizes the dancing to that loop. If not, it's required viewing, like yesterday.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4118 on: October 18, 2020, 12:12:33 AM »

Rear Window

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4119 on: October 19, 2020, 11:30:39 AM »

I finished Alias season 5, and started Cobra Kai. Already through season 1.

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4120 on: October 26, 2020, 09:46:25 PM »

Watched the new Transformers series on Netflix over the weekend. You can tell it's made by people who care about the Gen 1 storylines, as it attempts to rewrite the origins of the Transformers. While it does take its own view of the Cybertron universe, it still feels like it respects its source material, and I give them a lot of credit for making a cohesive story out of all the Gen 1 flashback stories. One last comment, loved that the opening baid tribute to the opening of the original pilot.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4121 on: October 27, 2020, 02:17:40 AM »

Hey now,

Watched the new Transformers series on Netflix over the weekend. You can tell it's made by people who care about the Gen 1 storylines, as it attempts to rewrite the origins of the Transformers. While it does take its own view of the Cybertron universe, it still feels like it respects its source material, and I give them a lot of credit for making a cohesive story out of all the Gen 1 flashback stories. One last comment, loved that the opening baid tribute to the opening of the original pilot.

Oddly enough, I haven't bothered to watch the Netflix series, mainly due my being a complete cheapass and not wanting to shell out for a subscription to watch it. Also, based on the promos I saw of the show, it looked a lot like the previous Machinima Combiner Wars trilogy series... which wasn't a good sign, since the Machinima shows weren't very good. Oh well, there's always The Pirate Bay, I guess.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4122 on: October 30, 2020, 10:27:25 PM »

Ever since Moranis came out of retirement last month... and was popped by some goon just outside his NYC apartment complex a few weeks back... I've been intermittently digging into SCTV's sketch archives on YouTube.

Oddly enough, I never much cared for the Bob & Doug MacKenzie sketches. But boy, how I miss John Candy...
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4123 on: November 03, 2020, 05:55:22 PM »

I'm currently paying tribute to the late Sir Sean Connery by watching his greatest works.

And by "his greatest works," as you already know, I am obviously referring to his many appearances on Celebrity Jeopardy!:

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4124 on: November 06, 2020, 12:41:26 PM »

I'll take Penis Mightier for $500, Alex. laugh

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 293 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length