RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 03:20:11 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | So I got a XBOX. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: So I got a XBOX.  (Read 7428 times)
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 05:34:08 PM »

I'm baffled that on a forum of collectors none of you mention the 3 best games on Xbox.

Otogi
Otogi 2
Phantom Dust

Talent from From Softeware and Panzer Dragoon series
a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »

Thanks so much guys.  If I can't find much locally I'll definitely get back to you Izret and I appreciate the offer.  I already have Fable. What is different in Lost Chapters?

EDIT: Just looked it up on Wikipedia. Looks like I'll have to find it now. haha
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:46:36 PM by a_hub10 » Logged
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 07:54:40 PM »

I'm baffled that on a forum of collectors none of you mention the 3 best games on Xbox.

Otogi
Otogi 2
Phantom Dust

I think you have gamer and collector confused. None of those titles are rare or valuable, so why would they have any significance to a collector?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 10:25:58 PM »

Otogi
Otogi 2
Phantom Dust

I think you have gamer and collector confused. None of those titles are rare or valuable, so why would they have any significance to a collector?
I assumed collectors had more knowledge on great games esp ones less known because they were not Halo or some other crappy overrated FPS.  So it's a matter of interpretation. I guess most collectors still just grab common well known stuff. Not the best. Since when is being a collector just grabbing what's rare? How about what is best nd if something happens to be rare then cool. Still no big deal.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:28:17 PM by Ryudo » Logged
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 10:38:27 PM »

To be fair, Crab, there are a number of different kinds of collector.  I personally consider myself a functional collector, as the bulk of what I end up purchasing is something that I actually want to play.  Now I certainly won't turn my nose up at something rare that I find while on the Hunt, but that hope isn't what keeps me coming back to the thrift stores and flea markets.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 10:48:20 PM »

I tried to make sure i mentioned games that had not been mentioned before (though i did mention a few)

Wasn't Phantom Dust heavily reliant on the online community(which i assume would be long gone...) to make the game worthwhile?
I only played it for a few hours YEARS ago.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 10:57:21 PM »

I will have to say that a few of the titles mentioned I will second. Here are my favorites:

Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Grind Radio Future, SW: KotOR I & II, and Rainbow Six 3. It really is the best at emulation though. You can use it to play all sorts of things. Personally I've used it to play Turbo CD games since I don't have one.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 11:06:30 PM »

They are the perfect system to own for emulators and are easy to soft mod and upgrade the hard drive given its mostly standard computer hardware. Thats the major draw to Xbox, running XBMC on it is great. If your into RPG's the Xbox doesn't have a very strong library of them, though there are a few good ones on there.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 01:13:31 AM »

To be fair, Crab, there are a number of different kinds of collector.  I personally consider myself a functional collector, as the bulk of what I end up purchasing is something that I actually want to play.  Now I certainly won't turn my nose up at something rare that I find while on the Hunt, but that hope isn't what keeps me coming back to the thrift stores and flea markets.

I collect in a similar way for the most part. From my experience though (this is obviously a generalization and doesnt decribe everyone) collectors tend to buy games faster than they play them and then tend to stick with familiar titles when they have time to game. Many people here own Otogi, but I bet the number that have played it is less than half those that own it.

2-3 times as many people are going to be Halo owners, but I bet 3 quarters or more of them have played it. Just because you are a game collector doesnt mean your gaming habits are any different than the typical persons is the point I was trying to make above.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 02:41:05 AM »

I tried to make sure i mentioned games that had not been mentioned before (though i did mention a few)

Wasn't Phantom Dust heavily reliant on the online community(which i assume would be long gone...) to make the game worthwhile?
I only played it for a few hours YEARS ago.

Nope. It's a single player story experience. Truly an amazing game.
Also you metioned pretty much why I don't play games online
Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 06:07:32 PM »

I though Otogi 2 was a bit meh, there's lot of games I would recommend before it
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 08:03:17 PM »

Yeah Crabby I fall into that collector category more than gamer category. Sadly I will pick up like 4 NES games at a thrift store and just clean and test them. I play them for a couple of minutes too see if they work then into the storage unit they go. Hey it's what working 60+ hours a week will do to you! I really wish I could play my games Sad
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »

i have time on my hands but the majority of my games don't get much love beyond the test period either. i know i'll never have time to finish every game in my collection so i don't like to get too attached to every game i try, i'd rather stick with the ones i really want to play and finish what i can.
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »

I though Otogi 2 was a bit meh, there's lot of games I would recommend before it
No accounting for taste
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 09:12:23 PM »

No accounting for taste

Everyone has a different taste.  No flame wars here you guys, its all in a personal preference. We all have personal likes. Thats what makes us unique. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length