RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:14:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | 3DS XL 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 3DS XL  (Read 4517 times)
Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 01:42:32 PM »

What? No extra stylus?!  Angry
What?!?  No cerebral interface?

NewOrder79
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 07:18:58 PM »

The 3D output will look much better on the larger screen but I'm afraid the portability factor takes a hit with the upgraded size.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »

They wanted to work on the temporal displacement feature first, so you can send the device back in time so your past self can play it.

They've already built a stable prototype of the 1.21 gigawatt battery, now they have figure out how to get the thing up to 88 miles per hour.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 03:48:00 PM »

They wanted to work on the temporal displacement feature first, so you can send the device back in time so your past self can play it.

They've already built a stable prototype of the 1.21 gigawatt battery, now they have figure out how to get the thing up to 88 miles per hour.

Well, we could probably toss it off a really tall building.
GameboyGeek
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »

I knew it!! I waited since the release of the original 3DS for an upgrade. Nintendo is good for that. I am so glad I waited and saved my money for the new system. Anyway, I don't see why they would not release it that way. I hope they do.

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 06:31:03 PM »

Well, we could probably toss it off a really tall building.

Must.. resist... urge to make... an inappropriate remark... to this response.

Must... remember what... happened to the... avatar-rating thread...

*AAAAARRRRGHHHH*

Okay, I'm good now... I'm good. For once I overcame the temptation to be crass and boorish.

Still, when you phrase things that way, it makes it really hard--

AW, G0DD@MMIT!!!  grrr
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »

I have the Zelda 3DS and I really like it.  I do find it slightly uncomfortable to play for long period of time mainly because of how small it is.  It's not that my hands are overly big, they are adult hands and after a while, my hands cramp up.

I'd be interested in getting the 3DS XL just so that I have a larger device in my hands and a bigger screen never hurts.

I didn't realize you could transfer the ambassador content like that...Might be worth finding a cheap ambassador 3DS, transferring the games to my Zelda 3DS, and then flipping the old one on craigs...

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 12:07:48 PM »

Will there be a Circle Pad Pro released that fits it?

Yes.  http://www.giantbomb.com/...gger-circle-pad-pro/4244/

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 05:42:43 AM »

So, I've read the release date is supposed to be sometime next month, but has anyone seen pre-orders anywhere?
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 08:09:37 AM »

So, I've read the release date is supposed to be sometime next month, but has anyone seen pre-orders anywhere?

Nope. There has been a little internet anger regarding the apparent lack of pre-order options.  I'm holding out for the Zelda 3DS XL, even though it hasn't been announced yet.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 11:31:20 AM »

It comes out August 19th, same day as New Super Mario Bros. 2 for 3DS comes out.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »

The 3DS XL have been in stores here for a couple of days. Just saw it in a store yesterday, but I forgot to check out the box. The price is €199.99 just about everywhere. I also forgot to check whether or not they dropped the price on the regular 3DS, although I kind of doubt it, as they've already dropped the price on that one soon after its release.

Wow, I just read on wikipedia that in order to cut costs, the 3DS XL will not include an AC adapter in Japan and Europe. You should buy it seperately, lol! In the US and Australia the adapter will be included. You can use a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS AC adapter with the 3DS XL, but still, not including an adapter is pretty cheap. Especially after not adding the second thumbstick like they should've.

I'm still holding out for the 3DS XL U. That one will have the second stick, thereby mimicking the Wii U controller layout, and be usable as a second Wii U controller.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:26:20 PM by Sirgin » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length