RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:01:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Keep an Eye Out For Me!!! NOW A PART OF SALES EXTRAVAGANZA 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print
Author Topic: Keep an Eye Out For Me!!! NOW A PART OF SALES EXTRAVAGANZA  (Read 42097 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2013, 08:06:41 PM »

Do you guys find eBay to be a good source for games? I'm not looking for anything insane, just a few early Genesis games with box and manual like; Forgotten Worlds, Ghouls n Ghosts, Thunder Force II & III, among others. I looked up Ghouls n Ghosts and it seemed a little steep to me.

Ebay is fine if you don't mind paying the same or more than everyone else. If you're patient and build some good connections on sites like this you can likely score all of those for much cheaper though. Just takes time. If you want to play/have them right away no one is gonna look down on you for going to Ebay route though. Smiley

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2013, 12:26:11 AM »

i find ebay to be the only option in a lot of cases, unless you have the time or are willing to put in the effort to check all the sale topics of all the forums daily, as well as other auction and store sites. ebay has more up for sale at any one time, and you're less likely to have trouble finding what you need there, though the prices can get crazy. just make sure you learn how to use completed listings and pricecharting.com to find the true value of a game, don't impulse buy just because it's the only available item at the time until you know what the market value on it is.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2013, 07:04:52 AM »

I second what techwizard said. I'll usually put a bunch of the same game in my watch list and use it to make my own little price chart by looking at the final sale price. If you see something you might want do some homework to learn average prices and keep an eye on the game. Maybe it won't sell and the seller will relist it at a lower price.

Nothing wrong with buying on eBay. I do it a lot. But it's a last resort option once local thrift stores, yard sales, kijiji/craigslist, and sale threads have proven fruitless over a long period of time.

Good luck, my friend.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2013, 09:28:19 PM »

Thanks for all of your input! I'm in no real rush to buy anything. Probably about 3 months before I start getting eager.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:37:41 PM by Dezorian » Logged
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2013, 10:54:05 AM »

Ebay is a last resort for me.  Trading here online is always the first place i look, then I'll look locally, and then finally Ebay. 

No one has mentioned Game Gavel yet.  Great resource.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2013, 09:22:53 AM »

Wow, I checked out Game Gavel and it's amazing. Thanks!

EDIT - Is there a general price guide for everything or should I just make my own determination from studying eBay and Game Gavel? Is rarityguide.com a good site for this?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:41:27 AM by Dezorian » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2013, 09:45:40 AM »

http://www.vgpc.com is a decent price indicator if you compare it to other auction sites. However, it doesn't take condition or completeness of a game into account

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2013, 09:47:12 AM »

STAY AWAY FROM RARITYGUIDE. IT'S NO WHERE NEAR CLOSE, EVEN WITH HISTORICAL DATA. Many a time I've been burned by store owners who think RarityGuide is correct, and they charge $600 for a $50 game.

VGPC is typically a good go-to reference. It's best used for trending data, but you can see recent/historical auction prices between the 3 major sites on it: http://videogames.pricecharting.com/

I typically use it to help price bulk lots, or when I'm trying to find where game prices are trending so I can pick something up on a downslope.

EDIT: Rich, it tracks completeness now. Started a couple months ago. Condition is another factor though that's not on it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2013, 10:35:14 AM »

Thanks Shadow, good to know.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2013, 11:14:43 AM »

Just narrowed down my Atari 2600 search list in an attempt to acquire a few titles to complete my sub-collections of releases by publisher (in many cases, I am 1-2 games away) and a few odds & ends I would like to own. As you may know, the 2600 collection is not one you can realistically complete, so I have found that smaller goals within the collection are the way to go. Here is my list and any help is appreciated. I have updated my main listing on this thread as well. Thanks.

Spider-droid (Froggo)
Dishaster (Zimag)
Up n' Down (Sega)
Pete Rose Baseball (Absolute)
Out of Control (Avalon Hill)
Shuttle Orbiter (Avalon Hill)
Oscar's Trash Race (Atari - kids)
Mr. Do!'s Castle (Parker Bros.)
Q*Bert's Qubes (Parker Bros.)
Motocross Racer/Tomarc the Barbarian (Xonox double-ender)
Robin Hood/Sir Lancelot (Xonox double-ender)
Gremlins
Road Runner
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:25:45 PM by singlebanana » Logged

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2013, 02:42:53 PM »

Thanks again guys! You all have been very helpful! I look forward to growing my collections.
Fragems
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2013, 06:23:48 PM »

Completely forgot about this thread. Was actually going tp start up a new thread with a similar concept, but since this is here I will just add your lists to my hit list Smiley. Have four large flea markets real close by and run into a large variety of stuff so hopefully I can help you all out a bit Smiley.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #222 on: June 03, 2013, 06:33:27 PM »

Much appreciated. Once you post your list here, be sure to have Bil add a link to it in the initial post.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2013, 07:02:41 PM »

Would it make sense to make a master thread for the systems, spin off other threads for people hunting for those systems with the games as a list, and people looking for them? This thread's way too unwieldy for me to check when I'm out looking for others. I know I've got 5 or 6 games that people need, but I don't remember who needs them now.

e.g.
Nintendo NES
Sega Genesis

Nintendo NES thread

Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle - GamerNick ($5 OBO, CIB only), ...
Ghoul School - GamerNick, ...

(example used. I knew you needed Rocky, Nick, and I have an extra loose copy. Tongue )
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:04:54 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Fragems
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »

What I thought would be cool and what I was considering making was a master thread for all want/looking for lists. Something similar to this just instead of having people make lists and linking to them I would like just a master list of games with those who want them.

The OP post would be an explanation about what the thread was for then 3+ spaces would be reserved beneath it for the various systems. Really like having just a straight up list like what GamerNick has in his wanted thread. Such a style would make the list easy to print out for hunters and easier to look up specific request.

Format for the lists would be something like.

ATARI

Atari 2600:

Q*bert (Popeye22: CIB) (YoYo51: Manual) (RickyMartin: Loose)
--------(TomiCru: Box)
Pitfall (RB3: *Loose*) *color code for high priority wants + * symbol in case people print grayscale*

Edit: I personally do not have a want list but I love hunting and plan to go out every weekend I can. Having a list which is easy to read and print would be a huge asset.

I was hunting last weekend with GamerNick and techwizard's wanted lists and kept thinking about how much easier it would be to have one huge print out instead of two multipage lists to go through. Would also help since I had multiple sellers actually take the list and look through their inventory which for whatever reason half of them left in their trunks :X(Renting a stall and putting out only four GC games on the table and having 50 NES carts over 50 feet away in your trunk makes no sense, but whatever floats the sellers boat as I say Tongue).

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:58:46 PM by Fragems » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length