RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:32:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Xbox Lot - Worth it? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Xbox Lot - Worth it?  (Read 3219 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 04:14:26 PM »

Checked it out, a few of the rarer titles were missing manuals so I gave it a miss.

Probably smart on your part. Didnt seem like there was much exciting in their either for a gamer or a collector.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »

Gotta learn when to fold 'em. It's sometimes hard as a collector to let those games get thrown back into a basement. You can let that lust for games make you pay over the odds when the games are in front of you, same with anything really. It takes some conditioning to set a level of acceptable condition in your mind and force yourself to stick to it.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 05:59:15 PM »

When I get into those situations I just make a low standing offer and walk away. That way if they change their mind it is a win-win.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 06:30:17 PM »

Looking over the list you provided I can see some great titles (Breakdown and Conker being the notables).  The problem is that Xbox games are still pretty cheap, and while the Xbox ports in the list are generally superior to the PS2/GC console ports, there are at the end of the day ports.  Now if you wanted to start collecting Xbox this would be a good lot to start with, and the price isn't that bad (is pretty good, actually).  Conker alone is worth ~$30 if CIB.  If this lot passed my vision I would likely start the offer at $50 and see where it went.  It would seriously cut into my Mosin-Nagant and Steam End of Year Sale funds, but then again I'm a game collector - I sometimes have problems saying "no" to a deal involving physical games.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 08:22:27 PM »

Conkers was missing the manual. As was Breakdown, Kingdom Under Fire and Hulk. That alone was enough to make me skip out on it. I'm glad I did, because I scored big time tomorrow with the money I didn't spend on these. I get home tomorrow so I'll be posting in the small scores tomorrow evening Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length