RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:12:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Xbox Lot - Worth it? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Xbox Lot - Worth it?  (Read 3220 times)
RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« on: July 04, 2012, 11:23:19 AM »

I have the chance to pickup the following for $75. I'm not an Xbox collector, but it's a good chance to start one Cheesy

Would it be worth my time? I may just end up using it as trade bait. I know Conkers is worth it, but apart from that? :

1.      Night Caster Defeat the Darkness
2.      The official Game World Series Poker Play the Pros
3.      Unreal Championship
4.      Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath
5.      Fable
6.      Enter the Matrix
7.      BloodRayne
8.      UFC Tapout
9.      Ninja Gaiden
10.   Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
11.   Forgotten Realms Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance
12.   Madden 2005
13.   VietCong Purple Haze
14.   Madden NFL 08
15.   Blitz 2002
16.   Flatout 2
17.   IHRA Motorsports Drag Racing 2004
18.   The Lord of the Rings The third Age
19.   Cold Fear
20.   Dark Watch
21.   Madden NFL 07
22.   The Godfather The Game
23.   Madden NFL 06
24.   The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring
25.   Crimson Skies High Road to Revenge
26.   NBA Ballers Phenom
27.   Trophy Bass 2007
28.   Jade Empire
29.   DOOM 3
30.   The Matrix Path of Neo
31.   Castlevania Curse of the Darkness
32.   The Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay
33.   X-Men Legends
34.   The Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind
35.   Panzer Dragon ORTA
36.   The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction
37.   Splinter Cell
38.   Mortal Kombat Deception
39.   Battlefield 2 Modern Combat
40.   Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
41.   Spider Man
42.   Kingdom under Fire the Crusaders
43.   Blitz the League
44.   50 Cent Bullet Proof
45.   Conker Live & Reloaded
46.   Breakdown
47.   Red Dead Revolver
48.   Ghost Recon Island Thunder
49.   Full Spectrum Warrior
50.   Test Driver Off-Road Wide Open
51.   Spawn Armageddon
52.   NFL Head Coach
53.   ESPN NHL 2K5
54.   Pirates Of the Caribbean
55.   Big Mutha Truckers
56.   Burnout 3 Takedown
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 12:51:54 PM »

Are they CIB? Any lot of 56 CIB games is probably worth $75.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 12:55:13 PM »

That's what I'm inclined to think too, I'm just not all that into Xbox. He says "most" are in a case with manual. I'm thinking I'll go scope it out tonight.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 01:10:37 PM »

If they are complete I would buy, if not, no thanks.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »

Here's what I would do, not counting non-CIB and sports games, see how many there are and divide that by $75. If you're ok paying that much per game, go for it. If not, then pass. Non-CIB and sports Xbox games are generally pretty worthless and it'll be decades before they'll be worth anything if ever.

RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 02:14:13 PM »

Why do you guys think Xbox isn't as collectible as the other big hitters. Is it purely because it doesn't have the heritage (read:emotion) of Nintendo, Sega and even Sony? Do we even consider them a gaming company? It feels like no matter what Microsoft tried to change their image they are still stuck with "MICROSOFT ARE PC GAMES" and are valued as such among us? If this was ANY other console I would have jumped at $1.33 per CIB game, but I'm hesitant with this deal. Speaks volumes.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 02:24:40 PM »

I'd never collect for the X-Box. You have to really scrape the bottom of the barrel to buy any X-Box games. Actually I'm kidding. I have nothing against collecting for X-Box. It is my largest collection at 237 games. Yet its not my favorite system to collect for. Go figure.
RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 02:45:03 PM »

Is that because the prices are usually so low that you figure "Yeah, why not?". What compels you to actually pick them up, is it simply Game Greed?
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 03:00:19 PM »

Is that because the prices are usually so low that you figure "Yeah, why not?". What compels you to actually pick them up, is it simply Game Greed?

None of that. I got a X-Box as a Christmas gift in 2002. I simply have never sold any game that I have bought for it in the past decade. I did have some spurts years after the X-Box was discontinued. So I still pick up games for it now and then. I've focused on more retro consoles in the past two years.

A part of me wants to have a complete X-Box collection one day. I've gone this far so why not? I'm sure I'm one of the few people that collects for that system seriously. I've just lost some emotional attachment to it for the past few years.
RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 03:07:29 PM »

That's interesting to me. I feel like most game collectors are in their mid-twenties and upwards, since that's when people start to have a bit more disposable income. The original Xbox came out 11 years ago. If someone was 14 at that time, they are now getting to the point were they may yearn for a little retro action from their OWN youth.

The problem could be the lack of exclusives for the system. What does Xbox offer to a retro collection that a modern system emulating the same games doesn't? A lot of the gaming principles first introduced back in the early 00's are still being built on and used today. It's not such a huge departure to play a recently Halo game over the original, and with endless HD remakes, why WOULD I go back and play it on the original hardware?

I've never really thought about it before, the Xbox wasn't really ground breaking so I've little inclination to put on my rose tinted glasses with it.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 03:09:19 PM »

Why do you guys think Xbox isn't as collectible as the other big hitters.
The Xbox is just at that point where its old enough that most gamers don't want to play the games but not old enough for people to want to reminisce about the system and buy games they had years ago. And the system didn't have much of a niche following. Most of the system's hits were also available on PS2/GameCube and since those systems were so unique, people are more inclined to have fonder memories of them. Its not a bad system, it just isn't that memorable. And memorable is what makes games/systems valuable.

RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 03:10:32 PM »

I think we both posted the same opinion at the same time there buddy.
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 03:20:06 PM »

if CIB, there's  a handful of games there you can bait me to trade for.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 03:35:45 PM »

i'm not a fan of it either just because i didn't grow up with it, but the age argument doesn't make much sense considering ps2 and gamecube came out around the same time. i'm sure there are good exclusives on it somewhere in it's library xD you just have to dig a bit, every system has a few at least.
RobotCowhand
Donor

Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 04:12:43 PM »

Checked it out, a few of the rarer titles were missing manuals so I gave it a miss.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length