RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:09:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 195105 times)
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1995 on: November 17, 2014, 06:15:32 PM »

Still playing the Evil Within, now cursing God because they pulled a RE5 and gave the zombies automatic weapons(really, wasn't the occasional dude waving a sawed-off enough?)

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1996 on: November 17, 2014, 06:32:30 PM »

Finally set up my Power Base Converter to try out Double Dragon.  It really did remind me of the arcade game, as my hand cramped up from mashing both buttons in the only effective attack.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1997 on: November 18, 2014, 04:32:44 PM »

Finished SMS Double Dragon w/infinite lives cheat.  I am convinced that every enemy in the game has the same AI and amount of life, perhaps as a design shortcut.  Every Abobo and boss was defeated fairly handily (thanks to their larger hit boxes and slower attacks), while any random punk was a multiminute, multideath slog.  If the mook enemies had actually been mooks, this would be a very respectable 8-bit beat 'em up.

Of course, it would probably only take 15 minutes to beat.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1998 on: November 18, 2014, 06:38:22 PM »

Just finished Super Mario RPG.  Back when I was a kid, I actually made it to the final boss of this game but could never beat it.  During this playthrough, I really didn't have much trouble with it at all.  I've had similar experiences with other games from this era.

Anyway, I feel like I want to keep the lightheartedness going with my next game, so I think I'm gonna start up Magic Knight Rayearth.  This will also be the first Saturn game I've ever seriously sat down and played with the intention of beating it, so that's pretty cool too.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1999 on: November 18, 2014, 08:21:18 PM »

I think I'm gonna start up Magic Knight Rayearth. 

Awesome game, I think you'll like it.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2000 on: November 18, 2014, 09:07:36 PM »

made some more progress in System Shock 2 the other day, and started up Gravity Rush. 3 or 4 hours into SS2, about 2 or so into Gravity Rush
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length