RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:51:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April 2021 Playthrough - Transistor 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: April 2021 Playthrough - Transistor  (Read 8545 times)
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2021, 02:17:59 PM »

I watched a couple combat videos and now I realize that they want you to play around with the installed functions and install the others as passive upgrades to get the combat feeling the way you want it to.  I have some ideas now..

BuriedOnMars
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2021, 06:54:18 AM »

It has been far too long since I played a game with you guys.  I see that I have this game on Steam and that it is short so I'm going to try to find some time to play it.

I see that it is on every system but Xbox which is kind of funny because Bastion was first an Xbox Live Arcade exclusive on the 360.

Check out my youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/buriedonmars
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2021, 10:17:42 AM »

It has been far too long since I played a game with you guys.  I see that I have this game on Steam and that it is short so I'm going to try to find some time to play it.

I see that it is on every system but Xbox which is kind of funny because Bastion was first an Xbox Live Arcade exclusive on the 360.

Yeah, I was a huge fan of Bastion, which is on literally everything now, and when Transistor was first announced it was a PS4 exclusive, which was a bummer for me, now that it's on PC, I'm good

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2021, 05:04:23 PM »

Awesome Kevin!  Glad to have you on board.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2021, 01:30:07 PM »

The game wasn't bad, better story than past month but game play, eternal eyes wins
. Not saying much for this one.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2021, 03:49:22 PM »

The game wasn't bad, better story than past month but game play, eternal eyes wins
. Not saying much for this one.

Daaaaaaammmn that's harsh.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2021, 06:19:32 PM »

Yeah it might have been, but it was about a 5 to 10 dollar quality, I guess paying 20 for a digital game.i expected a bit more to the gameplay.  I would of enjoyed the game more if they did a first person walking simulator for the story. 

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2021, 09:01:25 PM »

I just picked this up for Switch. I’ll see if I can catch up.
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2021, 08:34:05 PM »

I was able to finish this in one sitting today, and honestly I didn’t really enjoy this one.  To start with the good, the music is amazing and the voice acting was really good (it was cool how “transistor” would talk to Red along her journey and would comment as they passed familiar areas in the game). For the bad, I felt like Red just moved way too slow. Yeah I get that the game is short and the developers didn’t just want you to run through it but Red’s speed made both exploring and battles drag on. While the combat system was interesting, the battle themselves got to the point were they were becoming repetitive and filler to pad the playtime. Especially the “man” enemies at the end of the game, those fights frustrated the hell out of me. They spend most of the fight invisible so you can’t hit them, and when they do appear, they have a projectile attack that will follow you (And you’re too slow to out run it) until it hits you and if it does, you lose more than half of your life. The only exception to the boring battles was the final boss fight which essentially pits you against an enemy like yourself that can combo like you can. I really wish there were more varied encounters like it. Lastly, and this is more of a question than an issue, but what does the flurry move even do? I don’t believe I was able to use it in combat, and the only thing it seemed to do was interact with some things in the environment. I feel like I’m missing something because I feel like it serves no purposes and is just a thing you can do I guess.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2021, 09:58:04 AM »

⏰QUESTION OF THE MONTH!⏰

You have the power to stop time for everyone/everything except yourself for thirty seconds, one use per day. What are your plans?

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length