RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 09:33:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Video game books 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Video game books  (Read 7123 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »

i doubt they would count ports in the same category as the original arcade machines.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 09:01:31 PM »

Would it count now days if someone got a high score using a game on PSN/XBL/VC and I mean a port of a older Arcade game. Also I never saw them do anything beyond the early 80's stuff. That just might be due to coverage for all I know.

Twin Galaxies tracked different scores/times for each individual release. This is in direct contrast to the generally accepted records on the various websites that track the information, where direct ports with the same timing and programming are considered the same. Timing differences between hardware (e.g. Game Boy vs. Super Game Boy has different latency for the same cartridge) are normalized for results for non-TG.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 09:58:19 PM »

Hyrule Historia is a great book but lousy fleshlight
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length