RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:34:35 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | International Play Your Vectrex Day (November 1) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: International Play Your Vectrex Day (November 1)  (Read 31960 times)
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 06:50:38 PM »

That's still $40-50 more than I paid for the system...

Unfortunately that's what you're going to have to look at to pay in order to play anything on it.  And I'll be the first to admit that it seems like a bit, due to being spoiled with Dondzila's controllers at only $22, but those days are over with for now, maybe even a long while (or forever) from now.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 07:25:14 PM »

Dangit, why can't you guys have an International Play Your Lynx Day?  Angry

At least I have one of those...
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »

Hey, you can feel perfectly free to start your own Day for whatever console you wish! Smiley The Vectrex just deserves it.  Plus I wanted there to be more to the category of "Vectrex events" on my wiki other than the dates of several original Western Technology employees that worked on the machine that have passed away Sad At least there will be some more coming up for that category soon though.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 05:14:01 PM »

I hate you guys...you mention Vectrex Day, and what do I end up randomly finding the next day going to visit a buddy? He fired it up, and I tried out Minestorm and Star Trek. This is the first time I've ever seen one in person, and I had a blast playing it. The Kilrathi Mothership tore me a new one though.

Works perfectly, comes with a controller and 15 CIB games. He's going to price it next week, when I get paid. How much do you guys think I should offer? Also, how much should I be drooling over a CIB Pole Position?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 05:18:42 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 05:17:15 PM »

I hate you guys...you mention Vectrex Day, and what do I end up randomly finding the next day going to visit a buddy?

Heh!

Works perfectly, comes with a controller and 15 CIB games. He's going to price it next week, when I get paid. How much do you guys think I should offer?

He could get quite a bit, since several of those games are not only somewhat rare, but also with boxes AND the original controller.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 05:19:23 PM »

I hate you guys...you mention Vectrex Day, and what do I end up randomly finding the next day going to visit a buddy?

Heh!

Works perfectly, comes with a controller and 15 CIB games. He's going to price it next week, when I get paid. How much do you guys think I should offer?

He could get quite a bit, since several of those games are not only somewhat rare, but also with boxes AND the original controller.

Yes, but how much SHOULD I OFFER HIM? It's not in their pricing system, and he tends to go overboard on estimates. He made it a point to show it off to me, since he knows I love consoles. The last thing he offered me that wasn't in their system was an FZ-1 with 40 loose games for $250.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 06:01:03 PM »

Honestly, I would probably let him propose an offer first.  If you get away paying about $300, I'd say you did really well, $400 you still did decent but it isn't a steal.  Haven't seen a system under $150 in a while and that Pole Position is $125 at the least.  Don't neglect that Star Castle in there, that's another +$100 game and it's one of the best on that system.  Those other games typically go from $30+ each CIB on eBay.  Glad you found one man.  You won't be disappointed.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 02:40:41 PM »

I've needed a reason to play my Vectrex more. It's going to get some play on Nov 1st now  Smiley

Maybe we'll even get out the second controller and The Wife and I can enjoy some two player Vectrex!
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »

I've needed a reason to play my Vectrex more.

No you don't!!

It's going to get some play on Nov 1st now  Smiley Maybe we'll even get out the second controller and The Wife and I can enjoy some two player Vectrex!

Good to hear...both points! Smiley

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 12:19:59 PM »

Nuts, I was supposed to have a video announcing this out by now, but the iPad that I was going to use to film it (I don't have a camera myself) is still out of state and something went out on my digital recorder, so I can't upload whatever I record from it onto the computer any more  Sad

Does anyone have a camera or recorder that can just announce the date and read out the two rules and send it to me?  I can give whatever credit you want, like to a web site or YouTube page or whatever.  It's just that right now most of the "casual Vectrex crowd" (as I call them) that don't frequent Vectrex web sites probably don't know about this day and I'd like to reach as many people as possible.

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 08:24:48 AM »

(reminder bump) TOMORROW!! (Or today, for our overseas friends who are several hours ahead Tongue )

Dangit, why can't you guys have an International Play Your Lynx Day?  Angry

Another thing to add since my last reply that if one of those is put together, do it on a day specific to the Lynx, like the day it was released, if known.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 10:09:30 PM »

I played my Vectrex today!

Minestorm because you have to....

and two player Starhawk with The Wife.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 10:25:14 PM »

Oh suuuure, just play your freakin' Vectrexes, and then just rub it in the faces of everybody else who doesn't have one!

Buncha freakin' elitists...  Angry
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »

Oh suuuure, just play your freakin' Vectrexes, and then just rub it in the faces of everybody else who doesn't have one!

Okay

Buncha freakin' elitists...  Angry

Yep

laugh laugh laugh
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 10:31:59 PM »

Thanks, want me to just identify you as nupoile?

Do you want me to put up those pictures in the gallery of the wiki page?  Any personal websites you want to promote in the links section?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length