RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:10:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Any other Magic players on RFG? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Any other Magic players on RFG?  (Read 15081 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 11:40:30 AM »

Hi. I'm like to hear you guys' input on the Modern deck I'm trying to build. I'd like it to be somewhat competitive. Although I'm not dilusional. Better than my current deck would be good enough.

I currently have this deck, from a few years ago:
http://magic.tcgplayer.co...b/deck.asp?deck_id=919614

I would like to turn it into a Soul Sisters deck, but on a (tight) budget. I'm thinking of this:
http://magic.tcgplayer.co.../deck.asp?deck_id=1112449

Budget is easily my biggest limiting factor. I am not willing to buy playsets consisting of €10 cards. The biggest omission from a "regular" Soul Sisters deck is Serra Ascendant, a card I cannot (will not) afford.
EDIT: Also, I haven't included Martyr of Sands, because that card seems to be included in mosts lists as a way of getting Serra Ascendant to 6/6, lifelink, flying on Turn 2. A really nice move, of course.

The ideal opening move if you have Martyr and Serra in your opening hand is:
T1: Serra
T2: Martyr, pay W, sarcrifice and pump life total to 30+, then swing with the 6/6 serra.

Any thoughts, critique and recommendations are welcome.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:51:00 AM by Sirgin » Logged
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 07:23:14 PM »

Lord help me, I started buying cards again. This shit get so expensive, so quickly.

I've also planned out what I think will be a kick-ass Zombie deck, and am almost done building it. Only the most expensive cards left - Death Baron, Bloodghast and Grave Titan.

Bloodghast and Grave Titan are obviously not Zombies - the only non-Zombie creatures in the deck - but they both have appropriate abilities for the theme.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 05:21:17 PM »

Lord help me, I started buying cards again. This shit get so expensive, so quickly.

I've also planned out what I think will be a kick-ass Zombie deck, and am almost done building it. Only the most expensive cards left - Death Baron, Bloodghast and Grave Titan.

Bloodghast and Grave Titan are obviously not Zombies - the only non-Zombie creatures in the deck - but they both have appropriate abilities for the theme.

Grave Titan is so awesome. Bloodghast has always underwhelmed me though. I've seen him in a few decks and he has never seemed very helpful. Unless you're all in totally aggro I can't seem him working, and with Grave Titan in the deck you're probably not fully aggro.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 06:16:18 PM »

Mostly aggro. Bloodghast and Gravecrawler serve a similar function: sacrificing. They can be re-cast so easily, they work wonders with cards like Tragic Slip, Grimgrin Corpse-Born and Attrition.

Here's my decklist, as it's currently constructed. Note: my main purpose was keeping with the Zombie creature theme, outside of Grave Titan (grants Zombie tokens), and Bloodghast (was added because 1) there are NO good 2-drop Zombies and 2) it has Zombie-like abilities.)

2 Grave Titan
4 Bloodghast
4 Gravecrawler
4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Diregraf Captain
4 Death Baron
2 Grimgrin, Corpse-Born

4 Reanimate
4 Buried Alive (cheaper alternative to Entomb)
4 Tragic Slip
2 Attrition

4 Underwater Catacombs
2 Island
16 Swamp

Obviously not built for competitive play, just for casual games with friends. That being said, the Buried Alive + Reanimate combo will likely get very annoying very quickly for the people I usually play against. Smiley

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 07:24:22 PM »

I'll be attending a GP in a couple of months. Familiar with modern, BED? Could you help me flesh out the details on my (budget constrained!) Soul Sisters deck?
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 07:53:20 PM »

I'm not familiar at all with the formats, but I'd love to look at your deck.

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »

Sort of what I want to build: http://magic.tcgplayer.co.../deck.asp?deck_id=1112449

From that, I'm still missing 1x Ranger of Eos, 1x Honor of the Pure, 2x Knight of Meadowgrain, 2x Boros Elite and a lot of the sideboard cards (Suppresion field, Rest in peace, etc...).

PS: I don't expect it to be competitive.

EDIT: oh and ask if you don't happen to understand what it does (nothing special).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:56:56 PM by Sirgin » Logged
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 08:19:16 PM »

I like it.

If it were my deck, I would probably try to add 2 aggressive creature enchantments or equipments. It would help if you had trouble finding creature synergy. Serra's Embrace, maybe?

Also, Serra Ascendant would be scary in a deck like this...

https://www.wizards.com/m...aspx?x=mtg/daily/boab/144
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:23:43 PM by Bad Enough Dude » Logged

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 08:37:10 PM »

Can't go for aura's, especially that expensive. At 4 CMC I can get 2 for 1'd by Path or any other removal and be in a big hole.

You're totally right about Serra Ascendant. The only reason I'm not playing it is because it's very expensive and I'm not spending that much money on the deck. I'm not that serious about magic, anyway. The truly competitive decks cost $400-1000 anyway, so I'm not trying to compete with that. Just making it a slightly decent deck. Smiley

Just saw that my store is out of Ranger of Eos, except too expensive foil ones. I want 4 4CMC cards. I have 2x Ranger and 1x Ajani Goldmane. I'm thinking maybe 1x Hero of Bladehold?

Because I lack the Serra Ascendant, the idea is to have Sisters out, + hopefully a Pridemate and have the lifegain triggers trigger Pridemate as well as give me extra time (life).

The deck is obviously Aggro, so I need to swamp the field with the little white creatures. Landing a Honor of the Pure helps massively.

For sideboard strategies, I'm pondering making my deck have no activated abilities. It's already practically like that. It could make Suppression Field very viable if my opponent is using equipment or other cards with abilities.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 08:39:45 PM »

Also, please look here (also by me) where I've added more cards to look at in the sideboard and the "maybeboard": http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cheap-soul-sisters/

Divinity of Pride looks awesome, but is probably too expensive for what it is.

Ghostly Prison or Blind Obedience are also great under the right circumstances. My deck is 80% done, really, it's just fidgeting with the last cards and the sideboard which are hard to decide. Grin
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:43:14 PM by Sirgin » Logged
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 10:31:40 PM »

I...I might have a problem.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/6ggCqoY.jpg[/img]

BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 02:04:03 PM »

Foil or regular? Can't tell from the photos.

Only ask because I saw the price that Liliana foil was going for... Whoa.

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 10:08:56 AM »

I really should've taken a better picture, but that's a foil. The angel is, too, but that's not as exciting.

Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013, 02:39:41 AM »

Hail to the original TCG!

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 07:41:21 PM »

Anyone else have a chance to mess with Theros yet? After a pre-release and a draft, I'm really enjoying it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length