RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:29:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Crytek's CEO says "Blame EA and Nintendo for no Crysis 3 on Wii U" 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Crytek's CEO says "Blame EA and Nintendo for no Crysis 3 on Wii U"  (Read 8820 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: January 15, 2013, 12:28:34 PM »

Apparently Crytek had the game engine running on Wii U without a hitch and at the last minute the plug was pulled.

http://wiiudaily.com/2013...-wii-u-and-its-eas-fault/

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 12:38:51 PM »

A sign of things to come?

WiiU hasn't had a game released for it in what almost 2 months now?
And it came out what like 2 months and a week ago?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 12:59:43 PM »

A sign of things to come?

I hope so

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 04:34:47 PM »

I hope not.

MercuryCrusader
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 11:05:13 PM »

This is it, the Wii U is Nintendo's Dreamcast. Just like the Wii was. And the GameCube. And
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 11:14:28 PM »

the Dreamcast. Wait.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 11:18:45 PM »

Considering the Wii U outsold 360 at launch 2:1, I don't think the Wii U is going anywhere  Roll Eyes

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 12:03:35 AM »

Considering the Wii U outsold 360 at launch 2:1, I don't think the Wii U is going anywhere  Roll Eyes

As much as I love Nintendo I'm not so optomistic. I think there is a good chance they are finally going to hurt this gen. I'm very interested in this coming year to see how it plays out with all the stuff rumored to be happening with modern gaming.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 12:38:37 AM »

I think this upcoming generation will be a mess. A whole lot of "me too" android and linux consoles announced in the the old 3DO business model, the Wii U which will profit Nintendo even if it is #3 this time around, and whatever Microsoft has up its sleeve. Of course, if Sony isn't bleeding cash too badly we'll probably get that PS4 at some point as well.

It's starting to remind me of the wreck that was the birth of the 32-bit era.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:06:25 AM by Duke.Togo » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 12:41:26 AM »

Or The Crash at of the Atari Era?
Oversaturation?

Everything plays everything!
Everything does everything!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 02:38:30 AM »

Or The Crash at of the Atari Era?
Oversaturation?

Everything plays everything!
Everything does everything!

I really miss the days of heavy exclusives. Thats part of why I still favor Nintendo consoles a bit over the competition. At least they get more exclusives..... even if it is mainly Bratz games Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 02:53:48 AM »

Wii U will be fine. Every gen and every new system people pull out the doom and gloom topics posts and articles. Just because something does not sell a gazillion in it's first few months does not determine it's a failure. It will be fine.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 08:42:04 AM »

Wii U will be fine. Every gen and every new system people pull out the doom and gloom topics posts and articles. Just because something does not sell a gazillion in it's first few months does not determine it's a failure. It will be fine.

Just to clarify I agree that Nintendo will be fine. They position themselves to succeed financially even if they sell the least consoles of the bunch. I just have a feeling that unless something pretty significant happens this year they are going to trail in sales this time around, by quite a bit.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 01:31:20 PM »

How many of those were purchased by resellers, though?  At the store I work at, we have had WiiU's sitting on the shelf at nearly all times since launch.  We've also had many returns from resellers.  Some guy even returned 3 at once.

If the article is true, Nintendo is incredibly stupid for not allowing Crysis 3 on WiiU.  Nintendo is clearly looking to attract a more mature audience with ZombiU, CODBLOPSII, and Darksiders II, but not allowing a potentially huge game like Crysis 3 seems to contradict that.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 02:23:05 PM »

Here is a series of loosely connected thoughts on the subject.

1. I love (NES and SNES era) Nintendo.

2. It's been a LONG time since I was genuinely excited about anything Nintendo has done.  I'm VERY happy for the people who own a Wii U and are happy about their purchase but there is simply nothing that excites me about it.

3. I think Nintendo is going to be fine.

4. I think that Nintendo overestimated how excited people would be for the Wii U.

5.  I don't think that you can market a new system any worse than Nintendo did with the Wii U.

6.  I think that the Wii U sales figures will get better but not by very much.

7. I loved Crysis 2 and it's a shame that Wii U owners that don't own any other major console or a PC won't get to play it.

8.  Honestly, is there a large percentage of console gamers who own JUST ONE console?  I know we all have our preferences/favorites, but I would imagine only a small percentage own just one.

9.  Of all of the home console companies, Nintendo has always been the most reluctant to go after graphics and online experience, instead opting for innovation in other areas and it appears to be catching up with them now that their customers expect a certain level of graphic fidelity.

Sorry if that was weird.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length