RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 04:02:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Community Playthrough - Batman Arkham Asylum 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Community Playthrough - Batman Arkham Asylum  (Read 20842 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 01:02:00 AM »

I'll risk a spoiler since we are almost at the deadline. I meant right after you fight with Bane and have saved the doctors. You'll be taken out to a dock and your progress is saved.

Oh, nope stopped before that...Guess I'll have some playing to do tomorrow.

When shall his new form be revealed?
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 03:24:56 AM »

made it to the right spot this time! definitely where crabby described. so far i'm really liking it, the combat is great, story seems good, music and visuals are well done.

current progress:

challenges: 0%
riddles: 53/240
upgrades: 6/20
character bios: 20/42
completed: 15%
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 03:38:00 AM »

just thought of an idea that might make it easier to point out the weekly stopping point. where it doesn't risk spoiling anything why not use a screenshot of what you should see when you get to the point of stopping? you could do that plus a description, just to make it clearer. i mean the point you described for this time was actually clear and the rest of us just made the wrong assumption ("he said medical facility but did he really mean it?" Wink), but it should make it easier.
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 05:30:35 AM »

So at right point this time, the showdowns are great.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 07:42:32 AM »

Looks like I may have stopped just short of the checkpoint too. Oops.

I faught some big hulk-like guy with razor teeth and escaped the loony bin. Found the Batmobile, tracked down the warden via dropped tobacco and started breaking into where he's held.

I don't mind small spoilers like "play up to and including the fight with X".

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 09:50:09 AM »

Sounds like I did a poor job explaining the first check point. So this time around I'll try and make it as clear as possible so that we can all stay together. I'll also update the first post with the rest of the checkpoints so that you don't have to dig through this thread looking for them.

Check Point # 2 - Upon Entering the Botanical Gardens building for the first time you have reached the 2nd Check Point. Stop Playing.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 09:57:47 AM by Crabmaster2000 » Logged

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2013, 09:51:31 AM »

I just got outside for the first time.  If we're going to the Bane fight, I'll keep playing.  I upgraded my Batarang to use during fights, and the Critical Hit upgrade.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 10:14:33 AM »

made it to the right spot this time! definitely where crabby described. so far i'm really liking it, the combat is great, story seems good, music and visuals are well done.

current progress:

I like your progress report idea!

After getting to check point # 2 here is my progress:

Challenges - 31%
Riddles - 136/240
Upgrades - 13/20
Character Bios - 34/42
Completed - 44%

Anyone give the challenges a try yet? Anyone feeling ambitious enough to go for a 100% completion or Platinum Trophy/1000 Achievement Points? I'd be happy to help you achieve any of those goals and I think blcklblskt has done them before too so I'm sure he would chime in with tips too.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 01:06:35 PM »

I think that if you guys have been enjoying the story so far you'll really like what is uncovered up to this next check point. It gets a lot meatier so that its not just "Crazy old Joker is at it again!".

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2013, 09:37:14 PM »

current progress:

I like your progress report idea!

After getting to check point # 2 here is my progress:

Challenges - 31%
Riddles - 136/240
Upgrades - 13/20
Character Bios - 34/42
Completed - 44%

Anyone give the challenges a try yet? Anyone feeling ambitious enough to go for a 100% completion or Platinum Trophy/1000 Achievement Points? I'd be happy to help you achieve any of those goals and I think blcklblskt has done them before too so I'm sure he would chime in with tips too.

i haven't tried the challenges yet, those are only accessible through the menu right? my usual routine with new games is to go through only the story/campaign first and then do all extras like multiplayer and bonus modes afterwards.

i may try for Platinum on this one, i'm enjoying the collectibles so far. are there any trophies/achievements you can think of that are one time only and easily missed? i hate considering going for platinum and then finding out after that i missed something i can't get again without replaying the whole game.

by the way which system is everyone playing on? i'm on PS3.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2013, 10:22:18 AM »

i haven't tried the challenges yet, those are only accessible through the menu right? my usual routine with new games is to go through only the story/campaign first and then do all extras like multiplayer and bonus modes afterwards.

i may try for Platinum on this one, i'm enjoying the collectibles so far. are there any trophies/achievements you can think of that are one time only and easily missed? i hate considering going for platinum and then finding out after that i missed something i can't get again without replaying the whole game.

The challenges are in the main menu, not in the story mode.  You'll also need to beat the game on Hard mode as part of the platinum.  I recommend playing on normal mode first, then hard once you get the hang of combat. 
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2013, 01:08:00 PM »

The challenges are in the main menu, not in the story mode.  You'll also need to beat the game on Hard mode as part of the platinum.  I recommend playing on normal mode first, then hard once you get the hang of combat. 

x2. Hard mode isn't too much harder once you have a firm grasp on the combat, but its VERY important to get good at the combat before attempting it.

I don't think there are any missable trophies in this game. You can always back track and grab any you might have missed later in the game.

The challenges unlock gradually as you collect/solve riddler puzzles. If you reach the check point before each Monday I'd recommend checking them out with your extra time. Not only are they pretty fun, but it'll be great practice for both the combat and stealth parts of the game.

I'm on the PS3 also. Username is EurekaMonkey if you want to add me.

Mainly for any of you Batman fans (but I'd also be quite interested in people's thoughts that arn't as smitten with the Dark Knight as I am), what are your thoughts on how the different villians have been portrayed in the game so far? Up to the first check point you should have come across The Joker, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Scarecrow and Bane. Many others are referenced, but those ones I mentioned you actually interact with so I'm more interested in your thoughts on those characters in particular.

I love how they handled 3 of the 5 of those villains and was a bit disappointed with one and completely loathe what they did with one.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2013, 07:04:08 PM »

I'm not a hard core Batman fan (the cartoons are about all I watch) but I'm pretty happy with all 5 main villains so far. I'm also having fun learning about some of these other villains I've never heard of before.

Which ones disappointed you Crab?

Also are any of you finding these upgrades really that helpful? I've got 4 upgrades stocked right now just because none of these upgrades seem that cool or necessary.
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2013, 10:19:51 PM »

I loved the Scarecrow confrontation- games that explore altered perceptions of reality are a hit with me, even though it was a bit obvious. 

Bane was okay but not great- he's meant to be intelligent and that doesn't come across- but still a satisfying boss fight.

Harley's a little odd- she sounds and acts exactly like the animated series character (same actress?), which is at odds with the redesign.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2013, 11:29:51 PM »

Scarecrow was cool. Bane fight was stupid and annoying, ended up just spamming him with batarangs pretty much. Went a bit further, got the new grapnel.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length