RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:05:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | June Community Playthrough-16 bit Disney 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: June Community Playthrough-16 bit Disney  (Read 24234 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2013, 01:12:31 AM »

Would love to do this, I might have to start a bit late, since this is the final week of my first year in my Master Program, so yeah got alot of work to do before I can enjoy some games again.  I have lion king and Aladdin for Sega Genesis. I prefer to play Lion King since I have never played it for more than 10 mins.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2013, 02:14:05 PM »

Aladdin is a great game for SNES and Genesis. I'll definitely play those. I've never played Lion King. I hated Goof Troop the cartoon with a passion so I might be hard headed and not try it.

Side note - my all-time favorite Disney games are; Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (GEN) and Rescue Rangers (NES)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:19:57 PM by Dezorian » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2013, 02:19:59 PM »

Aladdin is a great game for SNES and Genesis. I'll definitely play those. I've never played Lion King.

However, my all-time favorite Disney games are; Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (GEN) and Rescue Rangers (NES)

By all means, join in.  It would be good to have a new members perspective amidst those of the ole fogies. Tongue

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2013, 09:56:36 AM »

Anyone get started yet?  I'm starting on Thursday night myself.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2013, 09:58:54 AM »

A little too busy to start right now, since my other hobby is taking over much of my spare time, but plan to start Goof Troop soon.  Wife has a few out-of-town trips this month, so I should be able to plug away pretty nicely once the kids are down every night.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2013, 09:59:58 AM »

A little too busy to start right now, since my other hobby is taking over much of my spare time, but plan to start Goof Troop soon.  Wife has a few out-of-town trips this month, so I should be able to plug away pretty nicely once the kids are down every night.

My wife is out of town Thursday-Saturday, that was my plan as well Wink

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2013, 10:14:58 AM »

I'm going to be Goof Troopin' this weekend with a friend. Going for the "I'm not a gamer loner" achievement! Wink

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2013, 10:27:29 AM »

I'm going to be Goof Troopin' this weekend with a friend. Going for the "I'm not a gamer loner" achievement! Wink

It only counts if you play thing is the background while attempting to conquer it:

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2013, 11:31:37 AM »

It only counts if you play thing is the background while attempting to conquer it:

Deal!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2013, 07:03:13 PM »

Goof Troop complete and without using a continue. Was also able to defeat 5 enemies with the grappling hook. Smiley 

Really enjoyed this one.  Great problem solving events and only minimal backtracking.  The boss battles were fun, but not really difficult. The game was a bit too short and there wasn't a large variety of enemies, but otherwise, a great title.  Unfortunately, I will probably not be able to game with a friend, but I could see how that would be lots of fun.  I did complete the game without a continue.  Fruits are easy to farm by repeating screens and can get you up to about 9 lives before they stop reseting.  Farming lives is a great way to finish without using a continue, but watch out for the disappearing floor room on the last level (the ship).

As far as goals are concerned, it seems that there are only one or two blue/white gems on each level.  If we could get a total number this would also be a good objective.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2013, 07:14:23 PM »

Wow!  I found this very interesting for those of you who might not have known:

"This video game would become the first to have actually been designed by Shinji Mikami; who would later be known as the father of the survival horror video game genre. He would go on to develop the Resident Evil series later in his career. Many of the "survival" elements that would appear in Mikami's later games would first appear in this non-horror video game." (Wikipedia)

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2013, 06:58:52 AM »

By all means, join in.  It would be good to have a new members perspective amidst those of the ole fogies. Tongue

Well, I tried Goof Troop (which I never in a million years would've tried if not for this site) and I really like it! I haven't had too much time to play it, but I beat the first stage Smiley

Also, I think I defeated 5 enemies with the grappling hook. I knocked a few pirates into the water and popped a few porcupines.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2013, 07:03:12 AM »

Well, I tried Goof Troop (which I never in a million years would've tried if not for this site) and I really like it! I haven't had too much time to play it, but I beat the first stage Smiley

Also, I think I defeated 5 enemies with the grappling hook. I knocked a few pirates into the water and popped a few porcupines.

Glad that the Playthrough introduced you to a game you wouldn't normally play. Smiley

Achievement unlocked! Bil should see the post and update it with a point for you.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2013, 08:26:38 AM »

Glad that the Playthrough introduced you to a game you wouldn't normally play. Smiley

Achievement unlocked! Bil should see the post and update it with a point for you.

Yeah, it was a neat game.  Had some more time last night and plugged through to the 5th stage in Aladdin. With such limited time, my plan is to complete the games and then go back and try the achievements if I have time.  Good luck to all.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2013, 11:37:12 PM »

Played Goof Troop with a friend and we had a great time. The game is loads of fun and you can definitely notice the Zelda elements. The puzzles are my favourite parts.

We got to Stage 4, unfortunately the skeleton boss gave us a hard time and we needed a couple continues. We should be wrapping this game up by middle of next week.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length