RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:40:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you listening to right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 145 Print
Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 485917 times)
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2025 on: August 04, 2015, 05:01:53 AM »

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2026 on: August 05, 2015, 11:47:11 PM »

Starting to get into this band

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2027 on: August 06, 2015, 02:48:30 AM »

I have time for this Japanese band nod

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2028 on: August 06, 2015, 04:50:50 PM »

I like Disciple, but I much prefer their older stuff when they were more of a groove metal band.  "By God", "This Might Sting a Little", and "Back Again" are all great.  The self-titled had some good songs, but didn't do much for me.  The last album of theirs I really enjoyed was "Scars Remain".  After that they kind of turned into a faux-modern southern rock band, and their sound softened too much for my taste.  Still, Kevin's a talented vocalist, and they usually have good lyrics.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2029 on: August 10, 2015, 07:02:06 PM »

Holy crap, as soon as that puppet guy started singing, I had to bail. Goddamn that was disturbing. BTW you owe me a new pair of boxer y-fronts, padre.

Bailed on this one about twenty seconds in. I take it this is part of that whole "nu-metal" scene that's gotten a following over the last few years? Maybe I'm just an old fogey, but these guys and just about every other nu-metal act can't even remotely come close to being as talented or as awesome as the artists that inspired them.

Fortunately, there's no shortage of the real deal on the internetz, should I ever have a hankering...

What must be done to all pretenders to the metal throne.

One of Last Action Hero's few saving graces.

Greatest glam-metal instrumental ever.

Damn, now I'm geezin'for the hard-hitting renditions of my fave kidvid shows:

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2030 on: August 10, 2015, 07:50:52 PM »

All this metal and not one mention of the Granddaddies?

Few bands can say they were as good as early Priest.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2031 on: August 10, 2015, 11:23:28 PM »

I was considering adding a Priest track to my last post, but I figured that was overkill.

So, why not start a new post with a few of my fave live performances from Halford & Co.:

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2032 on: August 11, 2015, 02:05:04 AM »

Holy crap, as soon as that puppet guy started singing, I had to bail. Goddamn that was disturbing. BTW you owe me a new pair of boxer y-fronts, padre.

LOL  evilhappy

To make matters worse, it's about the English husband and wife sadistic killers Fred and Rosemary West

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2033 on: August 11, 2015, 03:37:11 AM »

LOL  evilhappy

To make matters worse, it's about the English husband and wife sadistic killers Fred and Rosemary West

Holy crap... I saw a few shows on them back when I went on a YouTube serial-killer documentary marathon. I even remember the address: 25 Cromwell Street, Gloucester (sp?). And they had nine freaking kids, a couple of which became victims themselves. The threesome with that one survivor just about beat all. Coupla sick bastards, those two.

Well in that case, I'll give the tune another go, just to see if I catch all of the references.
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2034 on: August 11, 2015, 05:52:58 AM »

Holy crap... I saw a few shows on them back when I went on a YouTube serial-killer documentary marathon. I even remember the address: 25 Cromwell Street, Gloucester (sp?). And they had nine freaking kids, a couple of which became victims themselves. The threesome with that one survivor just about beat all. Coupla sick bastards, those two.

Well in that case, I'll give the tune another go, just to see if I catch all of the references.

Think the song is at the point when he thought she would stand by him when both in custody but she turned against him

Not to get people too depressed, here's a happy song

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 05:57:00 AM by FatherJack » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2035 on: August 17, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »

Ghost - "Meliora"                 

I cannot wait for this to come out on Friday!!!!  Stream full album here: http://ghost-official.com/

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2036 on: August 17, 2015, 03:38:55 PM »

I love it when classical and modern clash

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2037 on: August 27, 2015, 02:59:42 PM »

Just recently discovered the Protomen, a modern-day outfit whose body of work reflects the spirit of the '80s. Also, it turns out they've contributed to various video game soundtracks in recent years, so I might have heard their works before I knew about them.

This one's quite Meat Loafish:

Then there's their effort to re-revive the revival/SKA scene:

They've even covered a few notable '80s pop "classics:"

This would be a great addition to the soundtrack of the next Zorro flick.

Aaand a big nod to Johnny Cash:

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2038 on: August 27, 2015, 03:19:15 PM »

Dig those 80s tunes. Good stuff.

Here's a duet with Mr Loggins himself for Danger Zone from the excellent Archer.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2039 on: August 27, 2015, 03:48:08 PM »

Dig those 80s tunes. Good stuff.

Here's a duet with Mr Loggins himself for Danger Zone from the excellent Archer.

Oh my God, that was... not very good. Errr, no offence; it just doesn't work for me in country-western style. It probably doesn't help that I don't much care for Archer, either. Which is strange, 'cuz I usually dig comedy involving people behaving badly in an unabashed and unapologetic manner. And boy, does Archer have that in spades. It could be that I've watched so much bad-behavior comedy that I can see many of the show's punch lines coming from  a mile away. So burnout could be a factor I guess.

ANYway, after that disappointment I decided to change my mood for the better, and took my ear to a few 70s & early 80s lite-rock chestnuts:

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/M8KdtJOCzOU?start=27
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 145 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length