RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 06:20:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Welp, Microsoft Just Blew Their Foot Off 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Welp, Microsoft Just Blew Their Foot Off  (Read 42451 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2013, 09:23:26 PM »

Yeah that's that asshole that runs the VGA awards. He's completely full of himself and has his head shoved so far up his own rear that he wouldn't know real journalism if it pistolwhipped him in the balls.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2013, 09:46:59 PM »

I've heard nothing but bad things about Kotaku.

As far as this whole Microsoft thing goes......oh well.  I think I'm done buying new systems anyway.  There are too many good old games that are overlooked that I still haven't played or even heard of and most of which are just a few bucks. 

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2013, 10:17:09 PM »

Sumbich, look at the size of that monstrosity!  It had better be powerful.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2013, 10:17:41 PM »

^^ @ Both of you ^^

I'm not a big fan of Spike and while i rip on Kotaku all the time i still read their drivel.
I gave the first Spike Gaming Awards show a shot and i don't remember catching much of it because it was so terrible.

@ Techi
They are saying it has the equivilant of the whole 1998 internet power to back it!
I have little hope.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2013, 10:27:25 PM »

How much more will the packed in Kinect 2 add to the final price tag? Microsoft could have themselves a 599 US Dollars moment on their hands, and if Sony turns around and offers the PS4 for 200 less its going to be a complete bloodbath on the sales charts. All Sony has to do is play their cards right and they're in the best position to claim another generation with complete dominance.

Don't forget, this is Sony we're talking about.  They're almost certain to screw something up.

Sony's stock was up due to a separate announcement, not due to the conference just as an FYI.

Sony Entertainment
22.91+1.94 (9.25%)

http://www.ign.com/articl...ent-after-xbox-one-reveal

Your first instinct might be that this has to do with Xbox One’s reveal, which was light on games and heavy on entertainment. That might be part of it, but as Bloomberg reports, the stock jump seems to have been driven primarily by a rumor we first reported on last week: Sony may be spinning off its entertainment division.

Their stock price has also risen due to the Yen being strong currently.  The funny thing about the rumor of the entertainment division being spun off is that Sony has absolutely no interest in doing that.  A hedge-fund manager declared he'd take the entertainment division off their hands, but Sony immediately turned it down.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2013, 10:32:01 PM »

Nupoile pointed out in chat that Gamestop stock prices dropped after the conference during when the secondary market kill of speculations started taking off.

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2013, 11:30:02 PM »

I just finish watching the reveal on Xbox Live and it appears that, even with Smart Glass, they have not offered the ability to actually play your games on a compatible laptop.  I know it's a stretch, but it would be a nice bonus with their push to the f'n cloud that I hate hearing about.  USB compatible Xbox type controller?  Just think of the possibilities while on the go.

Sure you would have to purchase an actual Xbox One, but I spent more on this laptop than I predict the console will be sold for.  And right now all Smart Glass offers is the ability to use it as an Xbox remote control.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:32:42 PM by Techie413 » Logged

Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2013, 03:20:40 AM »

Xbox One reveal summed up in less than 2 minutes:

All you need to know, really, since the actual presentation consisted of how many talking points and buzzwords M$ could cram in a hour long presentation. Not even going to bother watching E3 this year, it'll just be more of the same, I expect. As a collector and gamer, I'm done with M$. They still can't even get basic console design and a controller right, but hey, you'll have to use Kinect 2.0 anyway, and you can watch TV... ON YOUR TV!! WHOO!! Huh

Nintendo and Sony basically got first place for the next generation handed to them unless of course, Sony screws up and allows publishers to block used games or some other anti-consumer DRM policy, or the Wii U continues to have first-party games no one really cares about.

I'm beginning to think this is the endpoint for the big consoles. I expect Generation 8.5/9 will belong to the tablet and smartphone market, and possibly Steambox. Sad really, but this is a different gaming market now, and one I'm reluctant to join, if at all. Tinfoil
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:02:35 AM by Necrosaro » Logged

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2013, 06:39:33 AM »

I'm reading many less than favourable comments about the next Xbox which makes me wonder how many of us are interested in buying the console.

So, who's planning on purchasing the Xbox One (at launch or down the road after a price cut)?

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2013, 10:09:51 AM »

They still can't even get basic console design and a controller right,

Umm what? The Xbox 360 controller kicks ass.

Also why was anyone surprised by what happened at this event? This kind of games in the back ground has been going on for years. I have seen nothing that makes me think Sony, Nintendo or M$ (oh look how clever I was using a dollar sign, stupid companies wanting to make money). Well I can see how Nintendo wont do anything but Sony and Microsoft are still up in the air.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2013, 10:15:43 AM »

360 controller is great barring the floating D-pad.
That has been replaced on some versions of the controller and looks like it has been fixed from day one on the Nextbox.

Also
$onĄ
Micro$oft
NintŁndo

Euros are worth more than dollars. Nintendo the bigger rip off? Or is Sony since it has 2 currencies in such a short name?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2013, 10:28:05 AM »

Stupid that companies want to make money. What the hell are they thinking?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2013, 10:28:56 AM »

I'm reading many less than favourable comments about the next Xbox which makes me wonder how many of us are interested in buying the console.

So, who's planning on purchasing the Xbox One (at launch or down the road after a price cut)?

It'll be in my house day one...

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »

My interest in that console went to 0 after yesterday.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2013, 10:50:34 AM »

My interest in that console went to 0 after yesterday.

Shocking

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length