RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 05:21:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Welp, Microsoft Just Blew Their Foot Off 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Welp, Microsoft Just Blew Their Foot Off  (Read 42450 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2013, 04:51:21 PM »

$500 is waaay to much for me to jump in right off the bat. Curious to see more about Killer Instinct and Crimson Dragon. Otherwise the presentation was a disappointment for me. I want to hear more about the online and used game stuff.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2013, 04:52:51 PM »

$500 is waaay to much for me to jump in right off the bat. Curious to see more about Killer Instinct and Crimson Dragon. Otherwise the presentation was a disappointment for me. I want to hear more about the online and used game stuff.

...Crimson Dragon - the version of the game that the developer cared about after they cut off the limb that was the awesome Side Story on Windows Phone. THANKS FOR NEVER ACKNOWLEDGING THAT YOU BROKE YOUR GAME, GROUNDING. I SHOULD SEND MORE THREATENING EMAILS THAT YOU'LL NEVER RESPOND TO.

Love Crimson Dragon, but they have the worst customer support.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2013, 05:00:31 PM »

...Crimson Dragon - the version of the game that the developer cared about after they cut off the limb that was the awesome Side Story on Windows Phone. THANKS FOR NEVER ACKNOWLEDGING THAT YOU BROKE YOUR GAME, GROUNDING. I SHOULD SEND MORE THREATENING EMAILS THAT YOU'LL NEVER RESPOND TO.

I don't understand what you just said :/

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2013, 05:06:50 PM »

Gamestop's trying to push Xbone preorders. The girl at this store told everybody that "They're only getting 12 in the first shipment." Some of the people she was asking specifically asked about the PS4, and a couple were talking about trading in their 360 gear and only wanted a PS4.

Even casuals are learning the truth behind the next gen, and they don't like it.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2013, 05:10:56 PM »

I don't understand what you just said :/

Grounding "fixed" a supposed game exploit in Crimson Dragon: Side Story, the Windows Phone-exclusive release of Crimson Dragon. It was supposed to interface with Crimson Dragon, a Kinect-required Xbox 360 game. However, Crimson Dragon was delayed until the Kinect 2 was released alongside the Xbox One, which removed a bit of the game's features and functionality. The game was still awesome with those things removed, but after they "fixed" the exploit, they completely broke the in-game economy.

After fixing the exploit, you had to earn ~3200 jewels to max out your skills to earn the last achievement in the game. However, you could only obtain 660 jewels from the GPS feature (10,000,000 meters physically traveled btw, which took me 4 months to find out there was a maximum), adding friends to a leaderboard to unlock jewels with their scores (even with 15 people on my list, that only gave me ~60), or to unlock them via gameplay (which at best was 1 jewel every 3 stages, which took ~8 minutes). Since I put 6 months into the game, I wanted to finish it, but Grounding NEVER ONCE returned my emails within the 6 months I played the game, and HAS NEVER acknowledged that they broke their economy (and an achievement) BY FORCING PEOPLE TO PURCHASE $25 WORTH OF CONTENT.

...love the game, love the art style. Hated paying $20 for digital content to write off a game I spent 6 months on because I didn't want my work to go to waste. The new game is Kinect-required, so we'll see how that works out, but it'll have 3-player co-op.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »

Gamestop's trying to push Xbone preorders. The girl at this store told everybody that "They're only getting 12 in the first shipment." Some of the people she was asking specifically asked about the PS4, and a couple were talking about trading in their 360 gear and only wanted a PS4.

Even casuals are learning the truth behind the next gen, and they don't like it.

Even casuals haven't heard what Sony has in store yet, and fanboys will be fanboys.
HOLY FUCK - IT WAS THE SAME WAY WHEN THE XBOX 360 WAS ANNOUNCED, AND HOW LONG DID IT TAKE SONY TO CATCH UP?

...seriously tired of people espousing that the Xbox One is DOA and the PS4 is awesome, when THERE'S BEEN NOTHING SHOWN FOR PS4 TO AMOUNT TO ANYTHING CONCRETE.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2013, 05:15:39 PM »

All in all, the graphics look pretty, but I didn't really see any games that would make me buy. Certainly not at $499. I'm curious to see what Sony does this evening.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2013, 05:19:42 PM »

Even casuals haven't heard what Sony has in store yet, and fanboys will be fanboys.
HOLY FUCK - IT WAS THE SAME WAY WHEN THE XBOX 360 WAS ANNOUNCED, AND HOW LONG DID IT TAKE SONY TO CATCH UP?

...seriously tired of people espousing that the Xbox One is DOA and the PS4 is awesome, when THERE'S BEEN NOTHING SHOWN FOR PS4 TO AMOUNT TO ANYTHING CONCRETE.
Chill bro
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2013, 05:24:37 PM »

Chill bro

I will once people quit with the fanboy crap. I tried watching the E3 presentation and had to turn the chat off because of the obnoxiousness of Sony trolls. MS fanboys are pretty bad, but I seriously want to injure Sony fanboys. They're worse IRL. I just wanted to see people's reactions to the conferences, but as usual, fanboys ruin shit.  no

I might just shut off the internet if this shit continues.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 05:26:34 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2013, 05:29:46 PM »

Chill bro

I will once people quit with the fanboy crap. I tried watching the E3 presentation and had to turn the chat off because of the obnoxiousness of Sony trolls. MS fanboys are pretty bad, but I seriously want to injure Sony fanboys. They're worse IRL. I just wanted to see people's reactions to the conferences, but as usual, fanboys ruin shit.  no

I just want to buy them all but I can't support MS at all. I am curious to what Sony shows but not counting my chickens before they hatch. Nintendo. Well I do want to hear more about X Bayonetta 2 and Sonic. As it stands now Vita and 3DS will serve me well til at least next year.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2013, 05:37:53 PM »

Fair enough. I know enough about both new consoles, and think they both have their own niches. However, the interesting thing about the new generation of consoles is that they'll be extensible enough (IMO) to change directions should they decide that their marketing strategy doesn't work - just apply some new software updates, maybe add a new extension or two of hardware, and you have a completely rebranded console. I don't see Nintendo having that possibility with the WiiU should things turn south (any further), which is why I have concerns about Nintendo's product.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2013, 05:42:34 PM »

I just really want to see something I want to play. I was pretty happy with the free games announcement for gold members (I'm already a subscriber, so why not), but there wasn't much to get excited about.

The EA press conference was the same. The only game I am interested in doesn't come out for a year and a half (DA: Inquisition).

I can understand your frustration with fanboys, Shadow. I've been a 360 guy, but it is REALLY easy to poke at Microsoft at the moment. Might be just as easy to pick on Sony after their conference tonight.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2013, 06:17:02 PM »

I didn't realize that Crimson Dragon was gonna be a Kinect title (it should have been obvious in retrospect). That makes it considerably less appealing unless they have a standard controller method as well.

I was super psyched to see that Mirror's Edge 2 announcement from EA. I'll actually have to purchase an EA game now!!!

I just picked up Rocksmith a couple days ago, finally. If it's decent I could see myself purchasing the next one solely to mess around in session mode. Other than that Ubisoft had nothing for me. If South Park has a retail release I'd be interested in that one too for sure.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 06:20:46 PM by Crabmaster2000 » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2013, 06:23:21 PM »

Well, if you need a copy of Mirror's Edge 2, you know who to ask... I'll be waiting in line at work for that one.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2013, 06:25:04 PM »

Well, if you need a copy of Mirror's Edge 2, you know who to ask... I'll be waiting in line at work for that one.

How many Exertainment Bike's do you need to leak me an early copy Wink

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length