RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:03:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 16 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 16  (Read 19327 times)
retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2014, 07:54:37 PM »

I remember sending some guy in Arizona a check for $15 and a month later getting a mod chip in a plain white envelope with printed out soldering instructions. AND IT WORKED.

Having a fast college internet collection made it way too easy but in the end, was just a waste of unplayed discs and I spent the most time with real copies of FF7 and SOTN (in addition to your Sony-branded 989 sports titles).

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2014, 10:13:32 PM »

I remember the first burned disc I ever put into my modded PlayStation was the Japanese demo of Metal Gear Solid, before it had come here. I was completely amazed, and I played it over and over.

I recently picked up a large lot of games and accessories, and was surprised to find a huge stack of burned PlayStation and Dreamcast games in it. I don't really have use for them, so I'll have to hunt around and see if anyone even still wants them.

retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2014, 09:29:04 AM »

When we were getting ready for our baby in July, I finally had to make the call and I threw out a gigantic box of PS1 and Dreamcast CDRs (in albums and with DC: printed out art and cases). I just didn't have the room in the office and putting them in the attic would just melt them worse than years of being in a CD holder already did (I'd imagine most were toast as the top of the CD would just peel off after being in sleeves like that). Not going to lie, after lugging those around for 15+ years, I was a little wistful.

I always had this plan that they were for "a rainy day" and all those hundreds of hours of free gaming time never materialized. On the DC side I have already collected the real version of (almost) everything I wanted and with PS1 I'll be doing the same.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length