RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:42:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October Retro Community Playthrough - Castlevania II: Simon's Quest 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print
Author Topic: October Retro Community Playthrough - Castlevania II: Simon's Quest  (Read 36768 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2013, 08:39:36 PM »

I would also like to point out that I am in the points lead......naner, naner, naner. Tongue  banana

Yeah, yeah, rub it in. Wink

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2013, 08:50:20 PM »

Looks like we're tied at the top bomba. For those seeking the books, there is an item you can equip to help find them.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2013, 10:48:20 PM »

I made the dust covers just out of cardstock,and printed art from the coverproject.net  here is a youtube video I did explaining it
http://youtu.be/3jZH7lCk5Xo

Now your playing with power!
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2013, 11:08:54 AM »

ok, so every time I try to start up Castlevania II... I have no idea where to "start" the game. I just feel I'm wandering aimlessly. Someone gimme a few pointers to start off?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2013, 11:16:34 AM »

Sure, before you leave town, be sure to pick up the 3 items located there. You will have to grind a little for hearts, but the screen to the east of town is perfect for this. Hearts are more valuable at night, since monsters are twice as hard to kill. Next, proceed due east without going down any steps to reach the first mansion. Good luck and let me know if you need any other tips. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:19:49 AM by singlebanana » Logged

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2013, 11:35:21 AM »

ah thx dude. I started a playthrough last night but only got the White Crystal before I left town. I'll start fresh tonight...

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »

ah thx dude. I started a playthrough last night but only got the White Crystal before I left town. I'll start fresh tonight...

Yeah, best to start fresh, since you are not too far in. Good rule of thumb is to pick up all items before you leave each town. You'll have to do a small amount of grinding sometimes, unless you're good at staying alive. Deaths cause you to lose all of your hearts.... Sad

TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »

Completed CVII in one sitting.  Got all items and upgrades, and found 8 of the books.  Took my time and got the "bad" ending, taking a bit over 23 days in-game time.  This reminded me how long it's actually been since I actually played this game.  I think I'm gonna have to play it again and see how much faster and better a second playthrough will be. Smiley

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2013, 09:21:47 PM »

I did make it to the first mansion last night. Fucking invisible blocks, really? Thank goodness for game-saves in the PC port.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »

It's funny,  it's been a tradition of mine to play CVII every October.  Even so, I still have trouble getting around for some reason.   I don't think I'll be in AGDQ any time soon

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2013, 09:50:47 PM »

I did make it to the first mansion last night. Fucking invisible blocks, really? Thank goodness for game-saves in the PC port.

There's a way to detect invisible blocks, you will encounter them again.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Saint, count up your achievement points and send them to me. Thanks.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2013, 09:24:27 PM »

Got through the second castle tonight.  I think I'll do one castle a night and finish by the end of the week.  Why rush?

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2013, 12:14:32 AM »

Haven't played since Monday but I'll have some free time tomorrow and Saturday.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2013, 05:39:18 PM »

Found this sweet map at work today. Must have been in a Nintendo Power
[img width=640 height=478]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/13/y9e9a4e9.jpg[/img]

[img width=478 height=640]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/13/une3y4yv.jpg[/img]

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2013, 06:49:57 PM »

Yes, it was in Nintendo Power. I used to have that one on my wall as kid.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length