RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:32:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 998359 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5955 on: May 23, 2015, 07:43:49 PM »

I'll third the Saturn fan sentiments, yes.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5956 on: May 24, 2015, 12:02:48 AM »

Saturn, for that price very nice

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5957 on: May 24, 2015, 10:06:08 PM »

It's that time of the month people.  Here's the random assortment of garbage I picked up this time around.

Here's the stuff I picked up from Amazon:

Alright, I kind of cheated.  Tales of Xillia 2 was $15 from Gamefly.  Everything else was from Amazon though.  Disney Infinity 2.0 was right around $22 and was completely brand new.  There was just a small tear on the top of the box.  Then to go with Disney Infinity I got these:

I also bought a bunch of stuff from Gamestop's 4 for $10 sale.

That wasn't all part of the sale, but I didn't have anywhere else to throw those pictures, so there you go.

Next up GARAGE SALES ARE BACK!!!!!THANK GOD.

I paid just a bit below "retail" for the Final Fantasy 2 and 3 repro carts, but getting them locally and not having to worry about the 1-2 month wait time and finding donor carts made it so very palatable.  TMNT 3 was $7.  I've been waiting for a decent price on this game for an eternity.  I wanted this game back when I was a kid, but I never did get it.  I'm so happy to finally be able to play it.  Everything else pictured was between $1 and $3.

I went to Micro Center to get an external hard drive and I ran across these in their clearance games section:

Those games in the cardboard jewelcases were 1 cent a piece.  I mean, one penny?  I would say why bother, but I'm just happy to see that some stores don't just throw stuff like that away.  The other games were 99 cents.  The Tomb Raider guide was from 5 Below.  I needed somewhere to throw that picture and I got it on the same trip, so this is where it goes.

Finally the thrift stuff I picked up:

There are a bunch of games in that first picture that I've been looking for for a cheap price for quite a while now.  They were all either $4 or $5.  All the PC games in the 3rd picture were $1 a piece, so Sims.  So much Sims.  That 3DS game in the middle picture is New Super Mario Bros. 2 and it was $1.99.  Sure it was loose, but come one.  $1.99.

And that's it for now!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 10:11:24 PM by Sauza12 » Logged
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5958 on: May 24, 2015, 10:45:19 PM »

Whoops, forgot a picture.  This is more thrift store stuff.  LOOK AT HOW CUTE THOSE MARIO BROS PLUSH TOYS ARE!!!!!  Also Civ 2 for Playstation for $2?  Yes sir.

Okay, that's it for realsies.
TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #5959 on: May 25, 2015, 08:45:31 AM »

Hotline Miami 2 CE and The Order 1886 12" Vinyl

Spoiler (hover to show)
Two beautiful vinyl releases in Gatefold sleeves Cool
The Hotline Miami 2 CE was out in March 2015 but due to high demand, a second vinyl pressing was made that followed up with a third and final.
The Order 1886 is a limited edition gold marbled Vinyl released in 500 numbered units.

Youtube music:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5960 on: May 25, 2015, 08:35:24 PM »

This is all I found today. My Goodwill has a huge pile but all of them aside these two (and Goldeneye, which I already have a copy of) was somehow sports. It was like punishment from God or something.

Also, I hate it when they put stickers on the label and even put a not in the complaint box about it today.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5961 on: May 25, 2015, 08:44:41 PM »

Picked up NBA Action and Clutch hitter, cart only for Game Gear, Sports Champion complete for PS3, and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone UMD  from Half Price Books for $1.80 a piece.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5962 on: May 27, 2015, 03:46:44 AM »

Picked up Jet Force Gemini today.

My collection is building more slowly feeling fatigued right now with going to thrifts. Hopefully I can get through, and complete some my goals over the summer.

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5963 on: May 27, 2015, 12:05:03 PM »

My brother got all of this thrifting Monday and today.

-Armored Encounter/Sub Chase! - Missing manual
-Pick Axe Pete - Missing manual
Both of those were $2 a piece
-Galaga - Atari 7800 - CIB - $4.00
-Goofy's Hysterical History Tour - CIB - $2.00
-Super Thunder Blade - CIB - $2.00
-Digimon World 4 - Missing Manual - $3.00
-Sonic Blast - Game Gear
-Planet Patrol - Atari 2600 with Manual - $1.00

So now as I got a box and manual for free for Sonic Blast - its now complete

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5964 on: May 27, 2015, 01:44:42 PM »

Recent grabs...

and

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #5965 on: May 27, 2015, 01:50:04 PM »

@GamerNick: Nice snag on those Odyssey2 carts, especially in box!

@singlebanana: Classic pinball game.  I've seen a bunch of pictures and GIFs of Rodland on Tumblr in the last year - looks fun.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5966 on: May 27, 2015, 08:10:16 PM »

Today was a good day for adding mini collection to my major collection. I didn't see a Midway Treasures 1 or I would have grabbed it too, instead there were 2 copies of 3, and only one had a manual. Mega Man Anniversary Collection is just a cheap way for me to play all the games should I get a massive Mega Man itch that my massive cart collection of Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X can't scratch. I also have the Mega Man X Collection already so they'll go well together! Unlimited Saga is a game I rented from Blockbuster back when it came out, and I hated it. I returned it the next day, the only rental I ever did that with. I might give it a second chance and review, but its doubtful I'll even touch it this year.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:15:29 PM by SirPsycho » Logged

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5967 on: May 27, 2015, 08:58:07 PM »

@Singlebannana That table looks fast as hell.  Have you had a chance to play it yet?  Awesome grab! 
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5968 on: May 27, 2015, 10:29:42 PM »

Oh yeah, she plays great.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5969 on: May 27, 2015, 11:49:31 PM »

Some pickups from today. I am thinking I might start collecting the Dynasty Warrior series, I have a bunch of them already. I love playing them. They are mindless (imo) button mashers, but I enjoy them.

Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length