RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:13:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 197156 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1905 on: October 24, 2014, 06:05:39 AM »

Plants vs. Zombies (WP7) - And I'm done again Smiley

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1906 on: October 26, 2014, 08:54:35 AM »

Just finished Dragon Age II. I freaking loved it. I would rank it highly among all of Bioware's games.

I started playing The World Ends With You on the DS right after I finished Persona 4 earlier in the week. So far it really isn't gelling with me but I'm going to try to stay with it for now. If anyone has any tips on the combat system or anything in general, I'm all ears. I think some of this game is going right over my head.

Now I have to choose a new console game. What fun! I'm thinking I need to give my Saturn some love...

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1907 on: October 26, 2014, 10:13:31 AM »

There are some Mount and Blade players on here right? I finally downloaded and am playing the Brytenwalda mod and its awesome. There are so many petty kingdoms in 7th century britain and almost all of them are in the game. You can hunt deer and kill wolves. There are four different religions and even more ethnicities! The early game is much more difficult than vanilla since you have to pay village elders just to try and recruit soldiers.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1908 on: October 26, 2014, 12:34:44 PM »

Rayman Raving Rabbids (360) - This is one of the rare instances that I think that motion controls are better in this game.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #1909 on: October 26, 2014, 03:02:41 PM »

Working though Persona 4 for the first time. I really love it but some of these battles are becoming a chore...
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1910 on: October 26, 2014, 03:47:54 PM »

Working though Persona 4 for the first time. I really love it but some of these battles are becoming a chore...

I played on easy so I wouldn't have to grind so much.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1911 on: October 27, 2014, 01:17:41 PM »

I started playing Persona 4 Arena last night, after having a little chat with Disposed Hero about the game. He warned me that it was cutscene heavy. He wasn't kidding. Twenty minutes into the game they give you an option to "bookmark," which I did, and then stopped playing, and I use the term playing loosely because I didn't even get into the first fight. I'm going to put it back on the shelf and try something else. I'm too close to having just finished P4G.

I'm kind of, sort of, starting to come around on The World Ends With You. I read some forum threads around the net on help with the combat and I'm kind of getting the hang of it. I just finished day three.  

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1912 on: October 27, 2014, 02:55:42 PM »

I started playing Persona 4 Arena last night, after having a little chat with Disposed Hero about the game. He warned me that it was cutscene heavy. He wasn't kidding. Twenty minutes into the game they give you an option to "bookmark," which I did, and then stopped playing, and I use the term playing loosely because I didn't even get into the first fight. I'm going to put it back on the shelf and try something else. I'm too close to having just finished P4G.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever fallen asleep while playing a game prior to playing Persona 4 Arena.  The combat system is pretty complicated too if I remember correctly.

As for me, I'm about 2/3 of the way through The Evil Within and really enjoying it.  I also still have Corpse Party left to finish.  I've been pretty close to the end for a while.  I really should just make a big push soon and finish it up.  Other than that, I have Alone in the Dark: Inferno for the PS3.  I usually make it a point to finish any games that I start, but this game is pretty bad, so I might just walk away from it.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1913 on: October 27, 2014, 10:50:08 PM »

Finally got back to Blacksite: Area 51
We wrapped the online up.

Also more Puzzle Quest.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1914 on: October 28, 2014, 08:09:36 AM »

How is that? I always see it for very cheap.

I started Dead Space 2 last night. Wanted something on the shorter side and scary. So far it's great.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1915 on: October 28, 2014, 11:22:51 AM »

Ghostscape (WP7) - Point & Click games rock!

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1916 on: October 28, 2014, 01:38:14 PM »

Buggy point and click games! It's not a terrible game, but you will need to uninstall/reinstall for a second play through.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1917 on: October 28, 2014, 02:01:53 PM »

How is that? I always see it for very cheap.

I've only played the online portion.
I'll update further when i jump into single player.

But at ~2.99 i doubt it will be the worst game i have ever played.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #1918 on: October 28, 2014, 04:26:45 PM »

I played on easy so I wouldn't have to grind so much.

I was nearly at the end of a floor when I got into a fight with a group of 3 enemies I've never seen before. Trying to find their weakness I cast a wind spell on all of them with the hero on the first turn. They all had wind reflect and hero took like 700HP and died.

I lost the battle in one move without my enemies making a single move. Crazy man...

If the battles were a little less like the traditional JRPG grind style I think this game would be perfect. I think I'm in the last story dungeon now. I hope I get some answers at the end of this.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1919 on: October 29, 2014, 02:51:28 AM »

Dynasty Warriors 5 (XB) - Not really feeling this...

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length