RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:16:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37 Print
Author Topic: Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread  (Read 205734 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #225 on: July 28, 2014, 06:03:45 PM »

Its not the cheapest Saturn game.

Looks like around $45, so yeah, a little over the price we normally try to stay under. We are playing Suikoden II next month. Wink

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #226 on: August 21, 2014, 01:06:11 PM »

Duke and a large fries to go mentioned wanting to play Otomedius Excellent. Anyone interested, or maybe better yet doing a month of shmups where we do like one or two a week? High score challenges?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2014, 01:16:38 PM »

Duke and a large fries to go mentioned wanting to play Otomedius Excellent. Anyone interested, or maybe better yet doing a month of shmups where we do like one or two a week? High score challenges?

September and October are set, so it would have to be after that. Maybe December, since shumps are pretty much one-sitters and everyone is busy at that time of year. Thoughts?

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #228 on: August 21, 2014, 01:30:36 PM »

September and October are set, so it would have to be after that. Maybe December, since shumps are pretty much one-sitters and everyone is busy at that time of year. Thoughts?

i like the sounds of doing this for december, we could do OE on the modern side and maybe a gradius playthrough on the retro side. just an idea Smiley
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »

i like the sounds of doing this for december, we could do OE on the modern side and maybe a gradius playthrough on the retro side. just an idea Smiley

Maybe a few affordable shmups every week on the retro side. High score challenge and royal rumble similar to our Streets of Rage contest last December?

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #230 on: August 21, 2014, 02:17:31 PM »

Nothing has been set for November either. Could do Shmup month then and another challenge in December.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #231 on: August 21, 2014, 02:25:33 PM »

Nothing has been set for November either. Could do Shmup month then and another challenge in December.

Kind of fits better with December, since shumps are one sitters (people are really busy that month) and can easily be made into a high score contest. Besides, that will be our month Floyd. Smiley

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #232 on: August 21, 2014, 02:32:10 PM »

Kind of fits better with December, since shumps are one sitters (people are really busy that month) and can easily be made into a high score contest. Besides, that will be our month Floyd. Smiley

I don't own any shmups beside Otomedius, and a few NES ones.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #233 on: August 21, 2014, 02:40:15 PM »

I don't own any shmups beside Otomedius, and a few NES ones.

Christmas is coming. Genesis has a great library of them.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2014, 09:34:37 PM »

Love the idea of a multi-shmup December.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #235 on: August 23, 2014, 07:48:20 AM »

Deshmupber? Nah, that sounds dumb.

I'll accept early Christmas gifts as game nominations. Wink

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2014, 08:04:52 AM »

Put Lightening Force on your list.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #237 on: August 23, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »

Lightning Force AKA Thunder Force IV. Never understood why they changed the name on that one.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #238 on: August 23, 2014, 02:40:23 PM »

Lightning Force AKA Thunder Force IV. Never understood why they changed the name on that one.

I just never understood what got "Lightened."

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2014, 02:49:45 PM »

Ok, I started on the 1st podcast and I'm up to the 3rd and I have to say I now know what I have been missing out on.  I'm excited to try some of these community playthroughs once we get to something I have and have time for.  Bring it on!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length