RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:51:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37 Print
Author Topic: Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread  (Read 206293 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #270 on: August 29, 2014, 08:52:02 PM »

Yep, I distinctly remember this when playing MGS when it came out. Such a "solid" game.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #271 on: August 30, 2014, 08:28:34 AM »

Yep, I distinctly remember this when playing MGS when it came out. Such a "solid" game.

[img width=551 height=518]http://www.troll.me/images/debbie-downer/hahahahaha-not-funny.jpg[/img]

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #272 on: October 25, 2014, 02:25:51 PM »

Was thinking lately. It would be kind of cool to do Phantasy Star II in March, for the retro playthrough, one year after we did the first one.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #273 on: October 25, 2014, 03:39:40 PM »

That is a cool idea.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #274 on: October 25, 2014, 03:44:53 PM »

Eh......... 27 hours, a bit too long for a month. We could probably make it happen by breaking it into a two month event. I think we learned our lesson over the last few months with doing long RPGs and the relation to how many people actually participate.

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=6999

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #275 on: October 26, 2014, 10:04:46 AM »

Just an idea. Also an excuse for me to get a copy and play it. Don't think I have ever played the second Phantasy Star.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #276 on: October 26, 2014, 12:54:15 PM »

i like the idea too but we'll see, like Rich said long games tend to be a problem for some people, but the first Phantasy Star was pretty popular this year so it might be worth considering. expect 2015 to (hopefully) have mostly shorter games.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #277 on: October 27, 2014, 05:26:50 PM »

expect 2015 to (hopefully) have mostly shorter games.

We'll be playing Proteus every month!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #278 on: October 27, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »

expect 2015 to (hopefully) have mostly shorter games.

We'll be playing Proteus every month!

And Donkey Kong on the NES

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2014, 11:55:49 PM »

this is mostly a behind the scenes thing but i just thought i would let the public know. i decided to start making up some statistics about the playthroughs revolving around how many people signed up for each one, how many of those actually played the games, and how many finished. i'm hoping this might help us a bit in finding a trend for what games people are more likely to stick with us to the end.

anyway the reason i'm telling everyone this is that i can only mark someone down as having finished a playthrough if they mention it in the discussion thread. so i wanted to try nudging those who finish but might forget to post about it to really try to at least say "finished! great game!" so we can get more accurate numbers. i'm sure most of those who finish do say something, but i've noticed a few playthroughs where people were actively playing and then discussion died out when the next playthrough came up, so it wasn't clear if anyone finished or not.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2014, 08:38:37 AM »

I just modified the initial post to include the ongoing Google Doc list that we had for suggested games. Not sure if it is fully updated for this thread, but I will check against it and add games as necessary.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #281 on: November 07, 2014, 08:03:02 PM »

Dark Souls or Demon Souls

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #282 on: November 07, 2014, 08:14:10 PM »

is it really as difficult as people make it out to be? me and Rich had heard that Super Metroid was going to be really difficult, and in the end it wasn't that bad.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2014, 05:39:18 PM »

Let's be real about this Chris, you've played these games before, would you play them again for a community playthrough or are you just making a drive-by suggestion?

monstrtomstr
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #284 on: November 08, 2014, 07:32:26 PM »

I haven't been here very long, so I'm not sure of what's already been played or what is very acceptable to being played, but may I suggest any Pokemon games?  Smiley

[img width=318 height=109]http://i57.tinypic.com/2rope7d.jpg[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length