RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:07:35 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 Print
Author Topic: Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread  (Read 206578 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #495 on: February 25, 2016, 01:14:17 PM »

We announced the change to one game last December on the front page and in our podcast. Two games were becoming a lot to juggle each month and we also wanted to improve the quality of our podcast, which I think has definitely improved with the four of us on together.

We are definitely still doing retro games and not to spoil to much, but you can expect one in March. Wink It always won't be an alternating schedule, and some months we may play multiple titles like we did with Mario.

Do you mean May?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #496 on: February 25, 2016, 01:16:17 PM »

No, I mean April. Ha ha!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #497 on: February 25, 2016, 01:32:06 PM »

You can likely expect something 16-bit during my next month hosting (June).

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #498 on: February 26, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »

No, I mean April. Ha ha!

Aprils Fool's!

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #499 on: February 26, 2016, 01:30:15 PM »

You can likely expect something 16-bit during my next month hosting (June).

Thank goodness!

SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #500 on: February 26, 2016, 01:42:15 PM »

Thanks for the info - I don't know how I missed that on the front page.  It makes sense, and yes, a couple times I wanted to do both retro and modern, and ended up forsaking one for the other, so I get that it's too much to take on a lot.  Glad to hear a retro game is coming soon!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #501 on: March 13, 2016, 03:14:48 PM »

what about Wild Arms 1 or alter F ( the remake of 1 )

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #502 on: March 16, 2016, 03:08:10 PM »

what about Wild Arms 1 or alter F ( the remake of 1 )

We can certainly put that on our list for consideration.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #503 on: March 21, 2016, 01:43:39 AM »

Omega Boost for PSX seems like a lot of fun, though i have very little experience with it. it's a sort of Mech game with rail shooter elements, and pretty cool live action cut scenes (or cheesy depending on how you look at it). Made by Polyphony Digital, the Gran Turismo developers.

Another one is Ivy the Kiwi? for Wii. this might be good in a competition month of some sort. really cute style, Lemmings inspired gameplay. Challenging but fun.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #504 on: March 21, 2016, 06:55:58 AM »

Ivy is also available on the DS and I understand it's a better version, since Wii controls can be a bit cumbersome.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #505 on: March 21, 2016, 12:00:31 PM »

Ivy is also available on the DS and I understand it's a better version, since Wii controls can be a bit cumbersome.

hm i'll have to look into this, point and click seems to work quite well for the gameplay so i'm not sure how i feel about using a d-pad with it.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #506 on: March 21, 2016, 02:51:31 PM »

hm i'll have to look into this, point and click seems to work quite well for the gameplay so i'm not sure how i feel about using a d-pad with it.

You actually use the stylus. Smiley

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #507 on: March 21, 2016, 03:48:06 PM »

You actually use the stylus. Smiley

I realized this was probably the case after i signed out Lol. I could see that being better than the wiimote then, ya. so far the wiimote isn't that bad, but i could imagine getting very frustrating on more difficult levels.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #508 on: March 22, 2016, 08:01:15 PM »

How about some serious old school - Zork!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #509 on: March 23, 2016, 06:00:44 AM »

How about some serious old school - Zork!

OMG!!  I am so in for that!

SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length