RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:11:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | January Modern Community Playthrough - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: January Modern Community Playthrough - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker  (Read 27536 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2014, 11:51:21 AM »

Beat Dragon Roost Cavern and went back to Windfall and did a rupee grind. Had to buy the joy pendant, THEN the heart container, THEN I was finally able to acquire the swift sail for 250 rupees!! Let me say, this Sail improves on the previous GC version where you always have to use the Song of Wind to direct you.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 02:23:32 PM »

It sounds like you were the high roller at the auction house... Just like at Game Quest, eh? Wink

Does anyone know how much does your wallet holds?

Attention GameCube players! There is an update for a couple of the achievements to make them more friendly to your hardware.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 09:56:46 PM »

I do all right i guess. Smiley

So I realized I needed to provide proof to collect some points, so:

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag478/michaelrancourt/IMG_11081_zpsdd9420c2.jpg[/img]

Notice the Fast option.

Achievements (Include a pic with your user name)
1. Message in a bottle - Leave a message using the Tingle Bottle (Write a letter and stick it in a bottle)
2. Selfie! - Take a selfie using the Picto Box (Or take a physical picture of yourself with Link on the TV)
3. Hardware upgrade - Acquire the Deluxe Picto Box
4. Eat my aqua dust! - Acquire the Swift Sail
5. You sunk my battleship - Set the high score for the Battleship mini-game on Windfall Island
6. Take a little piece of my heart - Find all heart pieces and containers
7. Not even a scratch - Complete a dungeon without taking any damage (Honour system please)

To answer your question Fleach, you cap out at 500 rupees before you get a bigger wallet.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:55:05 PM by EngineerMike » Logged

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2014, 11:07:50 PM »

Picked up Swiift Sail at auction for 260....  after picking up the Master Sword.

@Fleach: the standard wallet holds 500 rupees, upgradable to 1,000.  Not sure if there's a second wallet upgrade available

Spoiler (hover to show)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 08:49:55 AM »

Wow, you guys got the Swift Sail at nice prices. I'm jealous. In my game the townsfolk went into an all-out frenzy for it. In the end I won with a bit of 345.

@Raidou, I noticed all your pictures are shades of blue. Do you have the Deluxe Picto Box which takes colour pictures or is it just your camera? Let me know so can I put you down for that achievement.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:58:28 AM by Fleach » Logged

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 09:08:29 AM »

Sounds like I'm a little bit behind everyone else.  I just made it to Dragon Roost Island, although I spent a lot of time doing all the side quests on Windfall Island.  Yeah, I'm a completionist when it comes to these types of games, for better or worse.

I just looked at the achievements list and noticed that I already completed a couple of them.  I'll have to snap some pics when I get home today.

@Fleach:  I actually have the strategy guide for this game, and in the back there's a 'checklist' section that details all of the collectibles and minigames.  If you're still looking for achievements for the playthrough, I can flip through it when I get home today and let you know of anything that might work.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:24:28 AM by Disposed Hero » Logged

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 09:44:00 AM »

@Fleach:  I actually have the strategy guide for this game, and in the back there's a 'checklist' section that details all of the collectibles and minigames.  If you're still looking for achievements for the playthrough, I can flip through it when I get home today and let you know of anything that might work.

That would be awesome! Thanks!

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 09:57:45 AM »

@Fleach: don't have the deluxe model yet- that's just my camera.
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2014, 05:52:41 PM »

Im already half why through the Wii U version so I would have to finish and start over Smiley

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2014, 09:04:53 PM »

Im already half why through the Wii U version so I would have to finish and start over Smiley

Nah, just keep going and don't spoil any surprises for the rest of us.

EDIT

This afternoon I got the Deku Leaf and got to the entrance of the second dungeon. I'm really enjoying this game so far and it feels great to be playing a Zelda game. I think the way the game teaches the player about the mechanics and how to use items is excellent. Never once have I felt like I've been explicitly told how to do something. The game uses the setting and previous knowledge to have the player discover how things work, and that feeling is great!

I played Ocarina and Majora's Mask when they came out but I must have been too young or didn't have that puzzle oriented mind required to beat these kinds of games. Have you guys been long-tim Zelda fans? Have you played a good chunk of the franchise?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:42:56 PM by Fleach » Logged

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2014, 02:11:54 PM »

I just finished the Dragon Roost Cavern and am now back on Windfall Island doing what sidequests I can before moving on.  I just won the Swift Sail for 225 rupees.  In fact, I think I have the first 5 achievements wrapped up, I just keep forgetting to take pics and post them  embarrassed

I played Ocarina and Majora's Mask when they came out but I must have been too young or didn't have that puzzle oriented mind required to beat these kinds of games. Have you guys been long-tim Zelda fans? Have you played a good chunk of the franchise?

I was probably too young to figure out Ocarina of Time on my own back when I played it (I was about 10 or so), but fortunately I had a strategy guide for it.  But yeah, definitely a long time Zelda fan here.  I bought (or more likely my parents bought) A Link to the Past when it came out when I was only 5 or 6 years old.  I also played the hell out of Link's Awakening as a kid. 

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »

I never did best this. Got it at launch with the strategy guide too. I got pretty far stopped playing and I have no idea where to go now.

Now your playing with power!
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2014, 07:44:53 PM »

Just finished the Forbidden Woods. I'm honestly not exactly having the time of my life with this game so if I do finish it, it's going to be a race to the credits.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2014, 09:33:03 PM »

I never did best this. Got it at launch with the strategy guide too. I got pretty far stopped playing and I have no idea where to go now.

Unfortunately that's how most Zelda games are. If you walk away from them for too long you forget what your objective was.

Just finished the Forbidden Woods. I'm honestly not exactly having the time of my life with this game so if I do finish it, it's going to be a race to the credits.

I'm sorry to hear that. What's taking away from the experience of the game? I haven't played a Zelda game in almost ten years so it feels awesome to playing a remake of a classic franchise installment.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2014, 10:50:20 PM »

I found the Forest Haven/Forbidden Woods particularly annoying, but so far that has been the lowest point in the game.  Don't get discouraged!

@Fleach:  Played most of the console Zeldas, although I've only finished LttP and OoT.

Spoiler (hover to show)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length