RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:23:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | January Modern Community Playthrough - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: January Modern Community Playthrough - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker  (Read 27535 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2014, 09:34:20 AM »

I've probably been spending a little too much time doing side quests.  As far as the story goes, I've only just completed the Forbidden Woods (second dungeon).  Since the game world really opens up to you after that, I've just been sailing around collecting heart pieces and whatever other goodies I can find.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2014, 02:43:38 PM »

@Grayghost81: Cyclos appears near the smaller cyclones, beyond that I don't know if there's a pattern to which cyclones he shows up at.

@Fleach:  I have been doing side quests, but not as many as I thought as I only have 16 hearts and 28 treasure maps.  The pictobox quests have stumped me for most of the game
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2014, 09:31:18 PM »

I just scored the Power Bracelets.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Also upgraded my quiver, got the fire and ice arrows, and got the Windfall lighthouse.

Tomorrow I'll pick up Medli and take her on a romantic picnic in the Earth Temple.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2014, 09:36:25 PM »

Well, I fired up the game tonight thinking I'd be happy if I even found Cyclos, let alone was able to take him down easily. I've seen videos and read on forums of people wasting tons of arrows on him. Well, not only did I find him rather quickly (after finding a silver rupee in the ocean and getting a heart piece from the cannon game) but I took him down with under seven arrows.

After grabbing the power bracelets I also ran over and got the 5000 capacity rupee wallet!

I also did the things that will allow me to get into the Earth Temple, which I won't spoil, but I'm definitely back on the horse as far as pushing through the main quest line again.

@Fleach what's the Windfall Lighthouse and what do you get for doing it?

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2014, 03:24:16 PM »

Alright, I think I've done enough sidequesting for now.  I'm finally getting back on track and continuing the story.  Just landed on Greatfish Isle and was told I needed to return to Windfall Island.

Gah, I'm so far behind the rest of you guys....

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2014, 06:58:15 AM »

Kicked the Earth Temple in its stupid face last night. Not my favorite dungeon but it was nice having a companion. Plus the boss was easy like Sunday morning.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2014, 07:45:07 AM »

Alright, I think I've done enough sidequesting for now.  I'm finally getting back on track and continuing the story.  Just landed on Greatfish Isle and was told I needed to return to Windfall Island.

Gah, I'm so far behind the rest of you guys....

Don't worry, you've got plenty of time. I think many of us are putting lots of time into this because Zelda games have a way of captivating the player into doing as much as possible during each sitting with the game.

Kicked the Earth Temple in its stupid face last night. Not my favorite dungeon but it was nice having a companion. Plus the boss was easy like Sunday morning.

The Earth Temple is my favourite temple so far. Really liked the design and feel.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2014, 06:24:25 AM »

Got through the Wind Temple last night, but couldn't beat the boss. Kudos for one of the ugliest monsters I've ever seen in a game, but having to use the hookshot against enemies is cruel. I'll have to try again tonight. I'd like to finish the game by this weekend.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2014, 08:19:21 AM »

Ghost, you know you can can target enemies, I think it'll automatically go for their weak spots, and you won'll stay in third person view instead first person. Just a little tip to help you with the sand warm of grossness.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2014, 08:29:07 AM »

Ghost, you know you can can target enemies, I think it'll automatically go for their weak spots, and you won'll stay in third person view instead first person. Just a little tip to help you with the sand warm of grossness.

Yes, I know. I might have been doing something wrong because I had problems both staying locked on and actually connecting. I did it once or twice successfully, but I had already spent like 2.5 hours getting through the dungeon and just had to put it down for the night. I'm looking forward to taking him out tonight and proceeding into the final dungeon.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2014, 11:08:42 AM »

So far behind and busy with other things...Can't find the time for this game. Glad I already beat it years ago. Maybe I will have time for February's playthrough.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2014, 01:53:53 PM »

But you can't leave a Zelda game half-beaten.

[img width=250 height=198]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-F6oDUon8ba8/T5a1dD7bBpI/AAAAAAAADZ8/foI2zwJVYgY/s1600/sad_kitten.jpg[/img]

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2014, 04:13:49 PM »

But you can't leave a Zelda game half-beaten.

[img width=250 height=198]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-F6oDUon8ba8/T5a1dD7bBpI/AAAAAAAADZ8/foI2zwJVYgY/s1600/sad_kitten.jpg[/img]

a half-beaten zelda game is a half finished love affair
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2014, 08:42:09 AM »

I made a lot of progress last night.  Completed the Tower of the Gods and obtained the Master Sword.  After all of the running around the game makes you do up to that point, it was nice to be in a proper dungeon again.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »

You're so right. The Temple of the Gods is a fun one too.

Don't want to burst your bubble but the running... sailing around will be back once you finish the Earth and Wind Temples.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length