RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:22:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | January Modern Community Playthrough - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: January Modern Community Playthrough - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker  (Read 27538 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2014, 08:16:51 PM »

I beat the game this evening and must say that the ending made the whole thing worth it. Sure the game really ground down to sail's pace once you had to collect the Triforce pieces, but really that's a short segment of the game.

The final "temple", Ganon's maze and the final fight were loads of fun. Although I hated Snake Ganon... He got so many cheap hits on me by pinning me on a wall, but in the end I won with 3/4 of a heart left. Phew!

I too used a glitch Wink But the one I used was less special than Ghost's. I used the Skull Hammer through walls in the Private Oasis maze.

Oh... to anyone who watched GrayGhost's video. Why does this person have a deep manly voice and painted finger nails? Ewww....

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2014, 10:21:13 PM »

Beat Puppet Ganon's 3 forms last night. Stuck in Zelda's bed chamber. Not as fun as it sounds.

UPDATE: So I had to climb the red rope.  This is the first thing I tried after beating Ugly-Puppet-Snake-Ganon, but I didn't realise that you had to hold ZR to keep the rope still.  This is the first time I have had to climb a rope1 for the whole game.

1Although, on reflection it would explain why the first room of Ganon's Tower was so tough.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:20:52 PM by Raidou » Logged
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2014, 06:45:00 AM »

Agree with the ZR climbing bit. You're taught the mechanic, but I don't remember using it until the final boss battle.

Spoiler (hover to show)

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2014, 06:48:12 AM »

Oh... to anyone who watched GrayGhost's video. Why does this person have a deep manly voice and painted finger nails? Ewww....

His nails are painted to make them easier to see during his speed runs. Check out some of his other videos, or this profile of him on polygon:

http://www.polygon.com/fe...-money-zelda-speed-runner

Although I hated Snake Ganon... He got so many cheap hits on me by pinning me on a wall, but in the end I won with 3/4 of a heart left. Phew!

I actually lucked out with snake Ganon. Kept my distance and patiently shot the orb from a distance. It was very satisfying each time I connected. I didn't have to stun him once!

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2014, 08:58:56 AM »

I made a lot of progress over the weekend.  I'm currently inside the Wind Temple, so I guess after that will be the dreaded Triforce hunt.  Fortunately, through my excessive sidequesting, I've already found all three Triforce charts and a couple of the shards, so I'll have a headstart when I actually start hunting for them.

Did anybody else feel like the Wind Temple was a drag?  I'm only a few rooms into it, so I haven't come close to completing it yet, but I haven't been enjoying this one so far.  Surprising since I enjoyed the Earth temple quite a bit.  I don't know, maybe I just wasn't in a 'Zelda' frame of mind last night when I was trying to play it....

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2014, 11:14:57 PM »

DONE!!!

The final Ganon fight was satisfying, if a little frustrating....

Spoiler (hover to show)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2014, 07:46:30 AM »

Nice job, Raidou! I reading about enjoyed your take on the final moments of the game. The last battle with Ganondorf and Ganon were very climactic and tense. Unlike all previous bosses, you definitely had to have a strategy in order to win.

And that final monologue from the king!

Happy you liked the game!

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2014, 12:31:43 PM »

I just finished the Wind Temple last night.  Yeah, this was probably my least favorite dungeon in the game.  I thought the boss fight was pretty disappointing too.  Giant worm creature and all you do is swat at the dingly-dang hanging out of his mouth?  I feel like there was supposed to be more to this boss fight but it may have been cut short due to lack of time.  I'm also pretty sure that the fire and ice mountains in the game were originally planned to be full fledged dungeons but were cut out because of time constraints.

Anywho, I've got five more Triforce shards to track down, and I'll probably track down the rest of the heart pieces and other extra goodies before taking on the endgame.  I see a few of you have already beaten the game, so looks like I'm playing catch up.  I'm sure I'll have this game beat sometime this weekend, if not earlier.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2014, 01:06:34 PM »

I just finished the Wind Temple last night.  Yeah, this was probably my least favorite dungeon in the game.  I thought the boss fight was pretty disappointing too.  Giant worm creature and all you do is swat at the dingly-dang hanging out of his mouth?

Yes. Hookshot it to bring it closer to you, then slash like crazy.

Anywho, I've got five more Triforce shards to track down, and I'll probably track down the rest of the heart pieces and other extra goodies before taking on the endgame.  I see a few of you have already beaten the game, so looks like I'm playing catch up.  I'm sure I'll have this game beat sometime this weekend, if not earlier.

How many hearts do you have? If you've got around 14 you'll be fine. Just have a bottled fairy or two going into the final fight. Good luck! Not that you'll need it. The end game isn't super hard.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2014, 01:18:11 PM »

Yeah, I've got 18 out of 20 heart containers already, I'm just a completionist.  Smiley

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2014, 01:43:27 PM »

Yeah, I've got 18 out of 20 heart containers already, I'm just a completionist.  Smiley

I'm sorry to hear that.

Just kidding. It's cool. Have fun with the rest of the game. Smiley

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2014, 03:10:40 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that.

Hehe, it can be a bit of a curse sometimes.  But when it comes to adventure/RPG games, I like exploring everything and getting the most out of the game.

Back to Wind Waker.  I glued the Triforce back together and am just finishing up the last bit of extras that I'm going to bother with.  I feel I should point out that either my strategy guide was mistaken or I read it wrong regarding the Blue ChuChus achievement, because there are definitely more than 19 of them.  I just checked a Zelda Wiki and apparently there are 23 in total.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2014, 09:15:04 AM »

I finished Wind Waker over the weekend.  This game was never my favorite in the series, and the Wii U version didn't change my mind about that, but it's still a solid title.  I had wanted to play this since I got my Wii U, so now I can finally cross it off my list  Smiley

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2014, 10:11:24 AM »

Congratulations on beating the game! Don't worry about it not being your favourite because soon we'll be revisiting the critically acclaimed, fan adored......

Link: The Faces of Evil for the Philips CD-i!

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2014, 10:32:52 AM »

Oh no, Link: The Faces of Evil

*shudders*

You know I'd still totally be up for it  Smiley

Can't be worse than Skyward Sword

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print