RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:34:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The small "Toy" scores thread 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51 Print
Author Topic: The small "Toy" scores thread  (Read 276222 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #495 on: September 29, 2016, 02:21:51 PM »

Yowza, that's quite the haul. Me likey, Mikey...

ANYway, for eight bucks, I grabbed a complete boxed Japanese ZOIDS model kit, along with a sealed thingy from something called Crush Gear:

Aaaaand coming soon to a Small Toy Scores thread near you:

See you soon...

...'Late
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #496 on: October 01, 2016, 06:10:03 PM »

« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 09:40:16 PM by tactical_nuke » Logged
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #497 on: October 01, 2016, 07:04:15 PM »

Zoids are hellacool Zag. I passed up the opportunity to get the Lion in the box a couple years back. Ended up getting an original Clash of the Titans Perseus with Pegasus toy CIB

That's cool Flee! Those toys came out during a time in my life, where I was just starting to get back into buying toys again, but all my attention was focused on the Power of the Force Star Wars figures that came out.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #498 on: October 01, 2016, 10:18:48 PM »

Hey now,

Got in a little bid war over this but I really wanted it. Finally completed my CIB EWJ figure set.

*SNICKER* Heh, pocket rocket. Not sure if it was intentionally named that, but "pocket rocket" is a brand of... well, I'll leave it to you to figure it out. Go grab your Google and turn off safe-search... if you dare.

Zoids are hellacool Zag. I passed up the opportunity to get the Lion in the box a couple years back. Ended up getting an original Clash of the Titans Perseus with Pegasus toy CIB

Well don't tell anyone, but... I'm gonna resell the Red Horn kit and use the money to buy more TransFormers. Don't get me wrong-- I like ZOIDS. Heck, I even had a scorpion ZOID when I was a kid. However, I like TransFormers even more! Er, not that you could tell from my last gazillion toy-scores posts. ANYway, I'll bet most of today's young'uns don't even know ZOIDS debuted stateside/provinceside back in the '80s.

Speaking of '80s toys: I'll be showing y'all a YUUUGE tribute to one of the biggest playthings from that delicously decadent decade, reeeeal soon. Oh, and a fellow mystery RF Gentleman has told me of his intention to post a few of his fave playthings in the next few days. Oh the suspense!

Until then...

...'Late
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #499 on: October 04, 2016, 11:13:09 PM »

Hey now...

Like I said before, my latest toy score is, in every sense of the word, YUUUUUUGE:

Hey, what's this:

Gotta love that "fantasy scene" quasi-disclaimer. Hey, speaking of fantasies:

Yesss... that's it, rub it for luck... oh yeah, that really maximizes my fortress, baby...

--whoah, I drifted off for a moment; sorry 'bout that. I'm not quite sure what happened, but I feel really unclean for some reason.

ANYway, we all know what's gonna happen next, so let's just get it over with:

Here's the instruction sheet, decal sheet, and tech-spec card. I really wish they'd go back to the original tech-specs, with the red cellophane dealie to decipher the thing. They brought back the rub-signs in some of the more recent lines, they sure as hell can bring back the old-school tech-specs. Oh well, let's take a first look at the big guy in the tray before I free him from--

Aw, son of a-- instead of making the box and tray a little wider to accommodate Fort Max's full... um, width, they decided to box him with his left arm detached! Of course, as soon as the arm's clicked into place, it's gonna be permanently attached, which means he'll never fit in the box again. But what if I wanna put him back in storage after putting him on display, huh?! How freakin'-a lame can you get?!

Now I'm in a real pickle: I can just leave Fort Max boxed and not display him... or I free him up, put him together, and never be able to re-box him ever again. Oh, what is a poor 'Norch to do? Y'all will find out soon enough.

Until then...

...'Late
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #500 on: October 05, 2016, 09:08:35 PM »

When have you ever not freed awesomeness from it's lame packaging? We know you well....
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #501 on: October 13, 2016, 10:37:38 PM »

« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 09:40:21 PM by tactical_nuke » Logged
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #502 on: October 21, 2016, 01:51:41 PM »

I made this on a metal lathe last night and finished it this morning. It's not perfect but it's my first try, well, first try that turned out right. I just kinda guessed at the shape as I went along.

It spins for quite a long time if you can manage to start it upright. The handle part is so skinny it's hard to get it going perfectly up and down. Haven't timed it yet but pretty sure it'll spin for a couple minutes no problem.

It's steel so it'll rust unless I keep it oily.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #503 on: October 21, 2016, 02:59:36 PM »

I made this on a metal lathe last night and finished it this morning. It's not perfect but it's my first try, well, first try that turned out right. I just kinda guessed at the shape as I went along.

It spins for quite a long time if you can manage to start it upright. The handle part is so skinny it's hard to get it going perfectly up and down. Haven't timed it yet but pretty sure it'll spin for a couple minutes no problem.

It's steel so it'll rust unless I keep it oily.

It's when it doesn't stop spinning that you have to worry. Are you still in the dream??
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #504 on: October 22, 2016, 09:37:01 AM »

Quote from: Schlibby
It's when it doesn't stop spinning that you have to worry. Are you still in the dream??

Ever since I made this life has been weird, horns are blaring, time moves at funny speeds and I keep thinking I'm about to fall over backwards into water.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #505 on: November 11, 2016, 04:42:45 PM »

Hey now,

Grabbed a couple Tarjay-salvage TransFormers toys at the Goodwill earlier today for $2.99 each:

These little guys are perfect accessories for my Fortress Maximus toy... should I finally give in to my temptation to free him up. Still fighting it tooth and nail...

...'Late
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #506 on: November 17, 2016, 03:23:05 AM »

Hey now,

Grabbed a couple Tarjay-salvage TransFormers toys at the Goodwill earlier today for $2.99 each:

These little guys are perfect accessories for my Fortress Maximus toy... should I finally give in to my temptation to free him up. Still fighting it tooth and nail...

...'Late

Are those essentially a new form of Headmaster?

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #507 on: November 17, 2016, 06:57:05 PM »

Hey now,

...'Late

Are those essentially a new form of Headmaster?

Pretty much; they're just new heads with vehicles that transform into weapons. So they're Targetmasters, too. In fact, the Combiner Wars-Titans Return line is a tribute to the G1 Headmaster/Targetmaster line. They'll be heading into G2-tribute territory with the impending release of new Laser Rod/Hero Optimus Prime and tank-Megatron toys. Both will be triple-changers to boot: Optie will transform into a full tanker rig, as well as a futuristic fighter plane... which kinda makes him a re-do of Octane when you think about it. And Megs will do his best impression of Blitzwing as he can also transform into a fighter jet.

(FYI all the following images are from the TFSource.com web site)

And not that you care, but there's a Master Piece Megatron coming out that will be to scale with MP-10 Optimus Prime:

Now, that's the Master Piece Megs I've been lookin' for! Well, except for the non-chromed finish. But hey, you can't have everything. The only bummer is that, if I do order one, the distributors will be forced by federal law to open up the package and permanently glue an orange safety tip onto the gun barrel... unless I can convince present-elect The_8-Bit_Donald to get behind legislation to rescind that law when he gets into office. Heck, I'll bet he'd go for that, too! All I need is a couple million dollars in lobbying funds to get the ball rolling! Maybe the next four years won't be so bad after all...

...'Late
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #508 on: November 18, 2016, 03:32:30 AM »

Yeah, I saw that Megatron get listed as a pre-order on the (gouging) site Big Bad Toy Store. Sigh. A third Megatron to add to the collection I guess, To go with my original G1, my MP, and my actual Walther P-38.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #509 on: November 24, 2016, 02:46:23 PM »

Yeah, I saw that Megatron get listed as a pre-order on the (gouging) site Big Bad Toy Store. Sigh. A third Megatron to add to the collection I guess, To go with my original G1, my MP, and my actual Walther P-38.

Wasn't the Walther P-38 a standard sidearm of the Nazi German forces? Meh, it's infinitely better than owning a lampshade made of skin from a concentration camp victim, so there's that.

ANYway, take a look at my latest TransFormers acquisition! It's none other than the keeper of the key to Vector Sigma: Alpha Tri-

Whoah, what the-- how-- where'd he go--

--oh, there he is.

ANYway, have yourself a happy belated Canadian Thanksgiving...
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length