RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 02:53:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March Modern Community Playthrough - The Last of Us 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: March Modern Community Playthrough - The Last of Us  (Read 23014 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 09:30:35 PM »

Same here. I find it difficult to talk about this game without sounding like a fanboy, but it's absolutely amazing in every way.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 01:13:07 AM »

HOLD UP:

http://www.gamespot.com/a...l-and-ellie/1100-6418155/

this is a thing
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 08:06:56 AM »

They must have seen all that amazing clicker cosplay.

This is interesting news. Will it be like the Assassin's Creed movie with Michael Fassbender that is being rewritten even 6 months and likely won't see the light of day?

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2014, 04:50:18 AM »

How can they condense the story into a two hour movie?
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2014, 06:12:07 AM »

How can they condense the story into a two hour movie?

Just play the cutscenes and remove all the terrible gameplay. Sounds good to me.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2014, 08:05:47 AM »

I find this news very surprising because the creative leads behind the game said Joel and Ellie's story is over. They did, however, say that if they can come up with a good story to tell a sequel could be possible. Maybe this is that good story they were talking about.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2014, 06:00:58 PM »

it could be a sequel but my best guess will be an adaptation, especially since like you said they didn't really want to do a sequel. as for fitting in a 2 hour movie, i don't think it would be that difficult. like grayghost said, just cut out the gameplay (you don't like it?), and maybe a few scenes that aren't totally essential. i could see a lot of stuff in boston being cut, the stuff with "robert" near the beginning, maybe even all the scenes with Henry and Sam (i liked them a lot but i wouldn't call it essential to the plot).
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2014, 06:04:06 PM »

I finished the game last night. About to watch Grounded right now. I have a lot of thoughts. Trying to decide whether to write them out or just link to a youtube vid or two in which a more eloquent speaker will express feelings about this game which I agree with.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2014, 07:56:19 PM »

Will you play the DLC level, Shawn?

It's worth it. You'll learn about Ellie's past and about what happened between the Winter and Spring segments.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2014, 05:27:36 AM »

I'm going to pass. I've had my fill of this story and its characters.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2014, 05:42:56 PM »

I finished the game last night. About to watch Grounded right now. I have a lot of thoughts. Trying to decide whether to write them out or just link to a youtube vid or two in which a more eloquent speaker will express feelings about this game which I agree with.

what's your general opinion of it, positive or negative? I know the ending can leave a sour taste in your mouth if you don't agree with it, but I loved how they did something that felt so wrong and debatable.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2014, 06:21:21 PM »

what's your general opinion of it, positive or negative? I know the ending can leave a sour taste in your mouth if you don't agree with it, but I loved how they did something that felt so wrong and debatable.

I loved the ending. I actually wrote Fleach a long pm today on my thoughts which I will probably just cut and paste here soon. Long story short everything was awesome except having to actually play the game. A lot of games are like that nowadays so it's not a big deal. I didn't want to nitpick everything while I was playing so I haven't posted anything really. I actually enjoyed the game a lot, but it may be one of the most overrated pieces of media ever created, as the press seemed to ignore its most glaring issues.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2014, 12:38:52 PM »

Week 3 checkpoint is up!

Survive the cruel winter.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2014, 10:55:21 PM »

haven't really done anything in this playthrough yet because of Phantasy Star but once i've beaten that i should have a good week left in march to power through TLOU. i beat it my first time through in only 4 days so i shouldn't have any problem with it Smiley
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2014, 07:28:17 AM »

Beating this game within a week shouldn't be too hard. There's only one trial and error shooting gallery, and with the exception of being spotted by an enemy just off-screen (happened a lot to me) this game is pretty easy.

I just finished the Winter portion of the game. Always love that part.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length