RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 01:12:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March Modern Community Playthrough - The Last of Us 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: March Modern Community Playthrough - The Last of Us  (Read 23413 times)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2014, 01:49:09 PM »

the difficulty might make it take longer for me because i'll be playing on survival with echo-location disabled, but i still should be able to do it in a week anyway
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2014, 06:26:06 PM »

Beat the game on normal difficulty.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2014, 02:08:21 PM »

Finished my New Game Plus on Normal this afternoon. It was just as great as my first run of the game.

Looking forward to the discussions.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2014, 02:24:37 PM »

I took about a week long hiatus from this game while playing Phantasy Star, but I picked it back up again yesterday.  I haven't reached checkpoint 2 yet, but I should be there before too long.  I'm still holding out on buying the DLC just in case it goes on sale before the end of the month.  Unlikely, I know, but I hate paying MSRP for anything.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2014, 08:38:28 AM »

[img width=500 height=481]http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mURyAMepzRA/UyjcRFEj2bI/AAAAAAAAAzY/2oSenOrLS1s/w500-h481-no/14+-+1[/img]

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2014, 05:43:03 PM »

those jokebook scenes were great rofl
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2014, 11:53:16 AM »

I'm still a little behind on the checkpoints, but I'll get caught up soon enough.  I'm currently
Spoiler (hover to show)

I recently got one of the new Sony Gold Wireless headsets, and I love using it while playing this game (or any game, for that matter).  I've never used a gaming headset before, so it's nice to be able to hear all of the little sound details that I missed while the audio was just coming from the TV.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2014, 03:05:49 PM »

now that i've finished Phantasy Star i decided to sit down and finally get going on this one. played for about an hour or so, just got past the part with the military trying to find you outside the walls, saved after the cutscene just before entering downtown.
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »

Just started the Spring portion of the game.  I'm doing a New Game Plus and following a collectibles guide, and as a trophy/achievement hunter, it's nice to finally see some trophies popping up in this game.  I got hardly any trophies on my first playthrough.

I'm pretty anxious to play the Left Behind DLC when I finish the main game since that will be all new content to me.  Has anybody here played it yet?  Any opinions on if it lives up to the main game or if it's disappointing?

Oops. Hit "Modify" instead of "Quote." Sorry.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:42:07 PM by Fleach » Logged

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2014, 08:42:45 PM »

Just started the Spring portion of the game.  I'm doing a New Game Plus and following a collectibles guide, and as a trophy/achievement hunter, it's nice to finally see some trophies popping up in this game.  I got hardly any trophies on my first playthrough.

I'm pretty anxious to play the Left Behind DLC when I finish the main game since that will be all new content to me.  Has anybody here played it yet?  Any opinions on if it lives up to the main game or if it's disappointing?

You won't get many trophies during the first playthrough; that's how the game is. The majority of the trophies will come in your second or third session with the game since most awards are for upgrading Joel and his weapons.

Left Behind is a great DLC level. It's about 3 hours long and completely worth it. It really cements Ellie's relationship with Joel and explores the events leading up to the main game.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2014, 07:22:58 AM »

Apparently The Last of Us is coming to PS4.

http://ca.ign.com/article...s-coming-to-playstation-4

I thought I bought my new Playstation for new games. I guess Sony had other plans.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2014, 02:10:25 PM »

Apparently The Last of Us is coming to PS4.

http://ca.ign.com/article...s-coming-to-playstation-4

I thought I bought my new Playstation for new games. I guess Sony had other plans.

huh...while i'm happy that it'll have a graphics upgrade with that, i'm sad that what should have been the PS3's swansong exclusive is now just another cross-generation transition game.

edit: yesterday i made some more progress on this, stopped just after being ambushed by the hunters. love the whole sequence with Bill, he's one of my favourites.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:34:15 PM by techwizard » Logged
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2014, 06:04:45 PM »

saved just as i exited the Regal Hotel and gave Ellie the hunting rifle before the fight in the street. really happy i knew what to expect in the flooded basement floors, because that made that whole area infinitely easier...managed to sneak past the bloater without even fighting him.

where abouts is everyone else, if you haven't already finished? for those who have finished what did you think about it, the month is just about over so spoilers are acceptable now!
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2014, 07:29:31 AM »

So you're roughly half way through by now. I think you'll be able to finish if you know what you're doing and devote enough time to the game. I couldn't sneak past the bloater in the basement. Kudos to you.

I don't see the reason for releasing this game on PS4 if the only difference is a graphical overhaul. The Last of Us is readily available in many stores and has retained its value. Unless there are people who never owned a PS3 and want to play the game might have a chance now, but then they're missing out of a slew of great games.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2014, 08:04:14 AM »

really happy i knew what to expect in the flooded basement floors, because that made that whole area infinitely easier...managed to sneak past the bloater without even fighting him.
Haha, I did the same thing in that section.  Got the keycard, turned on the generator, and got the hell out of there!   Grin

Just finished my New Game Plus playthrough on Survival.  Still trying to clean up some of the last few trophies I somehow missed.

I might hold off until Tuesday to buy the Left Behind DLC just in case it happens to get a discount.  I know it's unlikely, but I'll be kicking myself if I buy it now only for it to go on sale next week.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length