RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:23:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | GrayGhost81 Relocation Thread. "You all may go to Hell, I will go to Texas." 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: GrayGhost81 Relocation Thread. "You all may go to Hell, I will go to Texas."  (Read 24659 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 11:00:24 AM »

Scott - both Arizona and Texas hate women. Not sure why Texas is so much of a LOL when Arizona essentially states that women don't have rights.
I'd suggest moving to Florida, but I can't even keep a straight face saying that. The south sucks.

Oh the politics here are insane. AZ has some beautiful places Texas has........I have nothing. I hated driving through that state every time I drove threw it.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 11:33:19 AM »

I guess it really depends on what you are looking for in terms of the types of jobs and the environment (climate, nightlife, beaches, mountains, etc.)  I've lived in NC all of my life and one of the perks is having easy access to mountains and beaches, and a very moderate climate. We don't really go out, but there are great restaurants and bars/clubs in the bigger cities. Not saying you need to move to NC, just saying that these are some things you need to consider before moving.

I had some friends who lived in Austin for a few years for grad school. They seemed to love it. Very hipster type town, with good music, if that is what you are looking for.

The Carolinas are definitely big on my to-move list.  I've been down to Hilton Head twice now and the Carolinas are much prettier than NJ is.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 12:23:55 PM »

As far as moving to TX, the heat isnt why but the state is LOL. I have been to a lot of different states and that is one of the ugliest in the land.

Shut up. West Texas is gross.
Texas has got to have the most varied climates/geography of any state
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas#Geography

EDIT
The womens rights thing was worth noting though...
All i ever hear about is reproductive freedom and men don't have vaginas so they shouldn't get to vote on abortion and blah blah blah
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:26:22 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 12:25:49 PM »

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 12:32:33 PM »

(I make fun of Aubs all the time when that episode is on. Please continue with helpful commentary now Tongue)

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 01:15:15 PM »

Texas has got to have the most varied climates/geography of any state
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas#Geography

At the risk of being way off topic, I would argue that point. Not that I've actually been to Texas admittedly. I think were I live, Oregon, has a pretty wild and wide range of climates. On any day of the year, I could go snowboarding, water skiing, surfing, and wind surfing. There is everything from the Pacific Ocean to sandy desert. We have a rain forest. One of the longest/largest rivers in the world as well as the shortest. Both active and extinct volcanoes. One of the deepest, clearest lakes in the world. Elevation from sea level to over 11,000 feet. Huge forests of Douglas Fir and the super fertile Willamette Valley farmland. I could go on....

Anyways, there's my thoughts on that, just say'n   Tongue
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 05:35:33 PM »

Well yesterday we booked our trip for the first week of August. Slowly getting rid of all of our earthly possessions to lighten our load and make for a fresher start. Our house is already looking like we've moved out.

Now that we have dates we can set up to look for areas to live and research places to work. Very exciting.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 09:41:32 PM »

Glad to hear you are making progress. It sounds like you have a solid action plan, and I hope it works out well for you.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 08:04:14 AM »

Sounds like this is really happening. I hope the move works out nice for you.

Keep us in the loop as things progress.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 08:07:21 AM »

Best of luck Shawn. Keep us updated on the move.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 08:17:10 AM »

Thanks guys, don't worry I intend to use this thread to organize my thoughts knowing that it's public and you guys can chime in. This all is equal parts scary and exciting.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 01:47:09 PM »

Got the wheels turning to sell our house to our next-door neighbor, so we can rent it from him and leave on a time frame that is more convenient for us. That's the dream scenario at least. Hope we can make it work!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 07:02:32 PM »

Good job working your plan. Sounds solid.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 09:22:36 PM »

I hope this thread works out for you the way Crabby's video game store thread worked out for him.  RfGeneration: guiding the lives of people one member at a time.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »

Thanks Retro, I really appreciate that sentiment!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length