RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:57:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April Modern Community Playthrough - Magical Starsign 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: April Modern Community Playthrough - Magical Starsign  (Read 16925 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 09:47:31 AM »

I just passed the Week 1 checkpoint.  Which planet did you guys go to after Cassia?  I went with Puffoon.  I think singlebanana mentioned in an earlier post that going a certain route was easier?

I'm liking the game a lot so far.  When I first started playing it, I was a little put off by the game's cutesy presentation, but it quickly grew on me and now I would say that it gives the game a unique charm. 

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 10:21:29 AM »

Puffoon first is indeed the easier route. I actually did Gren first and it was a pain in the ass.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2014, 11:05:11 AM »

I'm liking the game a lot so far.  When I first started playing it, I was a little put off by the game's cutesy presentation, but it quickly grew on me and now I would say that it gives the game a unique charm. 

I completely agree. I thought that the cutesy stuff was a little overbearing at first, but as you move through the game, it kind of wears down and becomes more about the action/story. I now find myself chuckling at all the clever names of the NPCs and towns.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2014, 07:24:48 AM »

I just made it to Honey Mint and found with Chai, but his captor gave me a whooping so I'm going to have grind a bit and try again.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2014, 12:13:35 PM »

Be sure to arrange you line up before the boss battle. Depending on the bosses magic type, I put the characters that do the most damage on the front row and healers on the back.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2014, 08:12:29 AM »

That's what I've been doing. But I didn't expect to be going into a boss fight so I was unprepared. I survived until the boss started doing that Sonic spin dash type move.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 08:19:37 AM »

Week three checkpoint is up (thank you again Singlebanana) my apologies for the delay.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 08:22:30 PM »

picked up a copy of this today, if i have enough free time this month i'll try starting it at least!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 09:39:44 PM »

I'm 12 hours in and going for the water stone, is earth after that or is earth stone the last one?

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 12:33:45 PM »

I'm about 11-12 hours in, and I haven't even hit the Week 2 checkpoint yet (I'm gonna assume that I'm close).  Some people were curious if choosing Dark magic changed the game much, and as far as I can tell, not really.  So far the whole light/dark magic choice seems pretty superficial.  It may make the game a bit more challenging since more of the bosses were dark aligned instead of light, but overall I've found the game to be very easy.

That being said, I'm still enjoying it.  I'm pretty anxious to get the sixth party member.  I've always liked it when RPGs give you more party members to work with.  Never really liked the 3-party member convention that's become popular ever since FF 7.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2014, 02:14:36 PM »

I've put 8 hours into the game and I've just added Chai to the party. Now I'm off to Gren. I feel like I still have a long way to go.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2014, 05:21:53 PM »

I finished the game the other day, but of course I have been playing ahead to help out with checkpoints. Just so you are aware of the length of this game, I put in almost 30 hours. Good luck to all. I had a great time playing this one.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2014, 05:56:47 PM »

i popped this one in just to test out my copy today and it worked but i'm not sure i'll join in on this. i know everyone said to look past the style and go for the gameplay, but i'm having a hard time ignoring it, and it's exactly the style that i can't stand. maybe someday, but not right now when i have other things more pressing to play Wink
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2014, 07:35:20 AM »

i popped this one in just to test out my copy today and it worked but i'm not sure i'll join in on this. i know everyone said to look past the style and go for the gameplay, but i'm having a hard time ignoring it, and it's exactly the style that i can't stand. maybe someday, but not right now when i have other things more pressing to play Wink

That's a shame. Like I think I mentioned before, the "heaviness" of the style wears off after the first hour or so of the game and it becomes a more serious RPG. Sure, there are some funny and "cutesy" references throughout, but they are not force fed to you like they are in the beginning and come off more entertaining and comical than annoying. Hate you're not playing, but it would be a game I'd pick up and play down the road if I were you.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2014, 09:00:32 AM »

The beginning/tutorial sequence was pretty bad. Cutesy overdose. But the game picks up and improves after the first planet.

I'm on Gren and have just met with Pico. There's a forest maze I keep getting lost in so I'm just using that as excuse to grind. I'll probably resort to a walkthrough once I'm too powerful for the area.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length