RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:52:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April Modern Community Playthrough - Magical Starsign 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: April Modern Community Playthrough - Magical Starsign  (Read 16855 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2014, 01:43:53 PM »

I'm 12 hours in and going for the water stone, is earth after that or is earth stone the last one?

Stones? Do you mean gummies? If so, I went after the wood gummy after the water gummy.

Seems to be some questions as to what the best order is as to hopping from planet to planet. Not saying my way is the best, but I went by how I felt that the game and NPCs directed me and didn't really have any difficulty. I have a chart below that you can scroll over below if you are interested in my route. Seems that the game is divided into kind of 3 parts and one sort of sub-part*, which I also list below. Hope this helps.

Spoiler (hover to show)

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2014, 10:11:04 AM »

I don't think I need to post the last checkpoint, but yeah, finish the game! Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2014, 08:51:56 AM »

I finished the game the other day, but of course I have been playing ahead to help out with checkpoints. Just so you are aware of the length of this game, I put in almost 30 hours. Good luck to all. I had a great time playing this one.

I just hit the 15 hour mark, so I guess I'm about half way through.  Still going after the Water gummy.  I probably won't finish this one before the end of the month, but I'm still enjoying it, so I'll definitely finish it even if my play time has to spill over into May.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2014, 08:55:45 AM »

I'm going to have to carry this one over into May as well. I figure if I put in a couple hours each day I should finish in about two weeks.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2014, 07:43:00 AM »

We've heard from a few people and I hope people are enjoying this game. Anyone else planning to finish it this month? I'd like to hear some feedback on this game. Smiley

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
Re:
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2014, 12:24:11 AM »

I'm just getting to the earth gummy now so I'm still behind

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2014, 08:08:57 AM »

I'm about 20 hours in and I almost have the Wind gummy.  I'm not sure how much I have left to go on this game, but I'm gonna make a big push to finish it this weekend so I can get started on the May playthroughs.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2014, 08:27:59 AM »

I'm about 20 hours in and I almost have the Wind gummy.  I'm not sure how much I have left to go on this game, but I'm gonna make a big push to finish it this weekend so I can get started on the May playthroughs.

I put in about 30 hours to complete this game if that helps.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2014, 11:43:19 AM »

I think I'm getting pretty close to the end of the game.  I'm currently on Nova and just about to head to Shadra.

Has anybody done (or plan to do) the optional dungeon at the end of the game?  I was looking into it since I usually do side content like that, but it looks like it requires a lot of grinding in order to be powerful enough to make it through, so I'll probably just skip it.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
Re:
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2014, 04:09:36 PM »

I might do it later but right now I'm going to just finish

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2014, 09:40:10 AM »

Alright, a little late, but I finally finished Magical Starsign last night.

I liked it.  I would say it's a good game, but not great.  It was a refreshing change of pace for me personally since I was halfway through Bravely Default when I started this one.  An RPG like Bravely Default has so many side quests, customization options, and a harder difficulty level, all of which I enjoy, but it was nice to play something more straightforward and less challenging for a little while.

That being said, I felt like the game was a little longer than it needed to be.  While not too terribly long by RPG standards (I clocked in at around 25-27 hours), I feel like 15-20 hours would have been a more appropriate length for this game.  The mechanics of the game are pretty simple and can start to wear a bit thin after 15 hours or so.  The game started to walk a fine line where it didn't quite feel like a chore to play it, but I was more or less ready for it to end.

I wouldn't recommend Magical Starsign to anybody who is looking for a deep RPG experience, but for anyone looking for a more lighthearted and straightforward game, it's definitely worth checking out.  This game was sitting on my shelf for months with me pretty much unaware of its existence, so this is yet another worthwhile game I probably would have missed out on if not for these playthroughs. Smiley

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2014, 10:13:46 AM »

Nice work Disposed! I think your thoughts on the game are extremely valid and I know we will discuss several of these points on the upcoming podcast. Thanks for playing and I'm glad you enjoyed the game. Smiley

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
Re:
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2014, 11:21:22 PM »

Better late then never, finished tonight Smiley it was fun.  Not quite as deep as chrono trigger but still fun

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2014, 08:52:06 AM »

Better late then never, finished tonight Smiley it was fun.  Not quite as deep as chrono trigger but still fun

Nice douglie! Glad you finished. Yeah, nowhere as deep as CT, but you'll definitely find some allusions to CT in MSS. We talk about this briefly in Episode 2 of the Playthrough Wrap-Up.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length