RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:34:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July Retro Community Playthrough - Chrono Trigger 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: July Retro Community Playthrough - Chrono Trigger  (Read 36020 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2014, 04:21:42 PM »

Finally settled in and unpacked from camping. Ready to get back into this. Hopefully starting behind will keep me more on track with the checkpoints.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2014, 09:46:53 PM »

Finding the Red Stone right now so I think im about to the 2 week mark I think Smiley I dont remember.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2014, 11:45:09 PM »

I've been slacking. I finally beat SotC so it's time to put in some work! Won't be hard for me to catch up Wink
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »

Seeing SOO many things I would consider spoilers... Wink

Spoiler (hover to show)

And....

Spoiler (hover to show)

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2014, 02:23:24 PM »

Gotten stuck. Not sure what time period to go to. Was farting around in 65,000,000 BC than went to 1000AD than 600AD. Ughhhh ha well at least I'm leveling up. I fought some dragon thing and they talked about Magnus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2014, 07:56:34 PM »

I am just about at the end. Getting ready to start
Spoiler (hover to show)

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2014, 11:36:52 PM »

I made a change to the second checkpoint, but hopefully people worked out good places to save for this week. I've fallen a bit behind so the week 3 checkpoint should come on Tuesday.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2014, 11:38:47 PM »

I made a change to the second checkpoint, but hopefully people worked out good places to save for this week. I've fallen a bit behind so the week 3 checkpoint should come on Tuesday.

the 1st of the month was a tuesday so that's what i was using for the modern side checkpoints, don't worry about it Smiley
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2014, 02:45:25 PM »

I made it up to the (original) week 2 checkpoint.  I'm pretty close to the end of the game at this point.  I'll work through all of the sidequests before tackling the end of the game.

I'm glad that Chrono Trigger holds up as well as it does.  This is one of the only RPGs where dungeon crawling never starts to feel like a grind for me personally (probably because there are no random encounters).  It's been a long time since I've played it, but I'm grasping some of the more intricate details of the story more than I ever did when I was a kid.  I'm also having an easier time with the game than I did as a kid.  I guess I'm probably better at strategizing now that I'm an adult.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Magus's cronies Ozzie, Slash, and Flea are references to Ozzy Osbourne, Slash from Guns N Roses, and Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.  One of the random NPCs even refers to them as tonedeaf!  Smiley

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2014, 02:49:25 PM »

I'm using a walkthrough for the checkpoints and didn't realize that the "challenge Lavos" stuff applies to New Game Plus.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2014, 02:53:41 PM »

Ah, I thought the original checkpoint was a little too far along, but I probably would have played ahead anyway.  It's probably about right for the week 3 checkpoint though.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2014, 03:07:37 PM »

I thought it was a bit long as well, but didn't want to comment since I wasn't sure if I missed something.
Yes, they are references to the band members. Although, Flea's Japanese name is a pun on the word Mayonnaise (Mayonnai).

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2014, 05:19:54 PM »

It is really embarrassing to admit, but I seem to have lost my FF chronicles as well as about half of my PS1 game collection. I haven't been able to find that box for whatever reason. I swore it was next to the L-Z PS1 box in the closet, but I must have moved it. Hopefully I can make this happen in the coming days. I am missing out on some good conversations.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2014, 09:29:24 PM »

I shouldn't really suggest it, but you can always play the game using the Big E.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2014, 11:15:03 PM »

I wouldn't know the first thing about how to use those or which are legal.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length