RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:13:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | August Retro Community Playthrough - Beyond Oasis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: August Retro Community Playthrough - Beyond Oasis  (Read 16905 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 07:24:44 PM »

When playing this on the Sonic Collection, are there any save system shenanigans to be aware of like those in Phantasy Star?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 07:57:04 PM »

When playing this on the Sonic Collection, are there any save system shenanigans to be aware of like those in Phantasy Star?

I'm not sure since I do not own a PS3. Perhaps someone could test it out and comment.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 08:51:20 PM »

i haven't tested yet either but i'm sure it's the same issue. assuming you're able to save early in the game you could try a test save using the original in-game save system. make sure to fully turn off and back on the console to know whether or not it remembered your save.

if it didn't then at any point in the game hit select (on PS3 anyway) and it brings up the genesis collection menu, from which you can save to the hard drive and that's where you load your file each time too. it's basically the same as save states in emulators, so you could save way more often than the original game allowed...i'd recommend at least trying to save only when the original game allows it, otherwise it's a bit like cheating Wink
Skullduggery43
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 08:57:06 AM »

Just remembered that I also have Legend of Oasis for the Saturn as well Smiley
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 09:08:30 AM »

Just remembered that I also have Legend of Oasis for the Saturn as well Smiley

That's one that I'm going to have to track down. I've been looking to beef up my Saturn collection.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Skullduggery43
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 09:28:36 AM »

My Saturn collection is smaller than I would like but I still treasure my copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga.  It was given to me by the Dev Team for Sega GT for the original Xbox....or wait was it for the Gun Valkyrie team....any way Smiley
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 09:30:43 AM »

Very cool sir.

Skullduggery43
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 12:02:54 PM »

Thank you.  It was a present for helping them with their title back then.  Though they didn't listen to me about the controls in GV.
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 12:07:56 AM »

Oh, count me in. I picked up Beyond Oasis for Genesis recently, so the timing is perfect.  I also have the Sonic Mega Giganto Collection thing, but I'll be a snob and play it on the original hardware.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 12:11:55 AM »

Oh, count me in. I picked up Beyond Oasis for Genesis recently, so the timing is perfect.  I also have the Sonic Mega Giganto Collection thing, but I'll be a snob and play it on the original hardware.

Awesome! So great to have some of our new members joining us in this playthrough. Looking forward to hearing from some of you during the month.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 12:15:18 AM »

It's past midnight and we are now into August. Week 1 checkpoint is up. Why am I up so late??

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 12:50:28 AM »

I won't be starting at midnight, but I am in. Should be a nice change of pace to do a shorter game. Smiley

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
Re:
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 10:16:03 AM »

Sign me up too

Skullduggery43
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 12:05:47 PM »

Did I miss the checkpoint posting?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2014, 12:13:44 PM »

It's in the first post...

Checkpoints:
Week 1 - Defeat the giant rock turtle in the Wall Fortress and obtain the Warp Device.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length