RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:42:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 25 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Poll
Question: Whose pile of shame was the worst?
Bil
Crabby
Duke

Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 25  (Read 20058 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2014, 12:01:36 PM »

@Tynstar - What you're saying about importing is fair. I really brought it up because I was having a hard time finding data on exactly how many North American releases there are, so I went with the grand total.

And I'm not arguing the success of the Vita or how much Sony supports it, etc. I was just arguing that the notion that it doesn't have any games is false. There are plenty and tons more on the way. 

i like my vita...for youtube and facebook. and i feel really bad about that, i plan on playing it at some point.
retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2014, 03:03:19 PM »

First time listener. Really enjoyed the chemistry. Combing through the archives now!

Mod @racketboy , twitter: @brad21126

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2014, 04:00:04 PM »

First time listener. Really enjoyed the chemistry. Combing through the archives now!

Thanks!! I recognize the name and avatar. Did you used to frequent racketboy.com?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »

Hello again,

It's slow going for me listening to the latest 'cast. I just got to the 52-minute mark when you guys brought up the head-spinny glitch in New Vegas... which really belongs in the Dead or Alive series  Grin. ANYway, it reminded me of several Cracked.com articles about various video game glitches, which you can read about... IF YOU DARE:

http://www.cracked.com/ph...ying-video-game-glitches/
This one has the head-spinny scene that Bil was talkin' about.

http://www.cracked.com/ar...-popular-video-games.html

http://www.cracked.com/ar...s-video-games-part-2.html
Another look at the head-spinny scene.

http://www.cracked.com/ar...vented-modern-gaming.html

There are several more on glitches, but I'll leave it to you to dig 'em up on your own.

On another note:"Don't qualify it, just say it!" is the best Bil line in this CollectorCast so far. Heck, that could be the new Nike slogan...

Speaking of glitches: I've been listening to the CollectorCast on YouTube on the 1.5x-speed setting so I can listen to a 3-hour spiel in just 2 hours. However, just for fun I set it at half-speed... and now I know what it would sound like if Duke, Crabs and Bil did the show while drunk. You really gotta give it a listen, it's a freakin' hoot. Especially 55:10 to 55:20; it sounds like your stereotypical soused buddy recalling one of the big regrets in his life.

UPDATE: Just went into the second hour of the show while still listening at half-speed. Seriously, you gotta experience it like this; it's funny as hell. It might take twice as long to go through the deal, but I'm tellin' ya, it's freakin'-a worth it.

Keep up the entertaining stuff, my good men...

'Lllllaaaaaate
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:33:37 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2014, 09:14:03 PM »

Thanks!! I recognize the name and avatar. Did you used to frequent racketboy.com?

Yes sir. I'm a moderator on the forums there and have written some features for their main page.

Mod @racketboy , twitter: @brad21126

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2014, 10:13:10 PM »

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I loved this topic.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one who spends too much money on great games that just sit on the shelf.  Here's a short list of games included in my pile:

Mega Man X2. 

I love all the classic Mega Man games.  1-6 are all great, I played the crap out of X, beat X3 and liked that one, and I even enjoyed MM7 a bit (however I didn't enjoy paying retail for X3 and MM7...ouch).  Anyhoo I bought X2 on feebay about 6 months ago, popped it in for about 5 minutes, and haven't touched it since.

Super Mario RPG

Yeah....I know there was a retro playthrough of this game a few months back and I owned the game at that point, but I just couldn't find the time to get around to it.  I know I'd love it too.  I'm a big fan of isometric views (Final Fantasy Tactics is my favorite game ever) and it looks quite appealing in Super Mario RPG as well.

Dragon Warrior I, II, III

Again, this is a time problem.  I'd love to get wrapped up in a classic rpg, but I just don't have the time to do it.  I reserve most of my gaming for quickies like shooters.  And speaking of shooters.....

Darius Twin and Super R-Type

I have no excuse for these two games.  I just haven't played them yet.  Again I know I'd love them if I gave them even a 30 second try, but for some reason they never cross my mind when I'm thinking of something I want to play.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2014, 05:55:05 PM »

It's really easy to forget about the titles tucked away on the shelf until you sit down and make yourself think of them. I hope it inspired you to play some, and I have been working my way through Dragon Warrior in prep for II. I know I won't dig out, but I'll make some progress.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2014, 08:08:23 PM »

Have you played Metroid 2 since the recording?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2014, 08:23:19 PM »

Have you played Metroid 2 since the recording?

No sir. Just Dragon Warrior so far.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2014, 09:34:41 PM »

There seems to be a lot of confusion. Let me help.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2014, 12:04:43 AM »

It really is shameful, I would estimate about 90% of what I own is unplayed...I started to pick some that were pretty well known as good games that I know I NEED to play to form my pile, but the list dragged on, so I started a new thread for it.

To keep it short here...

I have never beaten a Zelda game, never played a Metroid game, never played any Donkey Kong games, only played two of the Mega man games, and the only metal gear game I have played was Metal Gear Solid.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 12:31:48 AM by Boshamp » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2014, 12:18:17 AM »

There seems to be a lot of confusion. Let me help.

*Axe=Battler is worn by barbarians. Death=Adder killed his mother for buying it.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2014, 11:04:41 AM »

...and Black=Adder features BRIAN BLESSED!

AKA Vultan in Flash Gordon to all you uncultured gits out there.

This thread's becoming a game of telephone...
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2014, 07:10:07 PM »

@Duke: found this while scanning for the cover project....

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:13:27 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2014, 02:19:58 PM »

finally listened to the show! then i went to vote the day after and realised i hadn't paid close enough attention, i couldn't remember some of the specifics of who hadn't played what. i feel like most of the games duke mentioned were a bit more important to play in my mind, though crabby was pretty bad too. i went with duke Smiley

my pile of shame:

PC:
 - command and conquer - played a little bit on a copy of C&C 3 from the library years ago, otherwise nothing.
 - The Elder Scrolls Series - little bit of experience with oblivion but got stuck and never went back to it. never tried any of the others.
 - Myst - played the first area a lot when i was young but never got far

Xbox:
 - Halo 2 - very little local multiplayer experience

Xbox 360:
 - Assassin's Creed series - no experience
 - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - no experience with series
 - Gears of War series - no experience, friend really likes them and i enjoyed Resistance which i hear is somewhat similar.
 - L.A. Noire - no experience
 - Mirror's Edge - no experience
 - Telltale's The Walking Dead season 1 - no experience

3DS:
 - Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - no experience
 - Mario Kart 7 - very little experience, i'd like to finish every mario kart game so this will happen eventually

N64:
 - Conker's Bad Fur Day - Seen the entire game played by a friend, haven't touched it myself
 - Gauntlet Legends - love it but haven't gotten far
 - Ogre Battle 64 - looks really interesting, want to give it a try
 - Paper Mario - currently working on it
 - Star Wars Rogue Squadron - got fairly far when i was young but never finished
 - Star Wars Shadows of the Empire - not much experience
 - Turok series - no experience
 - Vigilante 8 2nd Offense - no experience, loved the first

DS
 - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - no experience with the series other than watching a friend play some on GBA in middle school
 - New Super Mario Bros - finished the Wii and Wii U sequels, i'd like to see where the series started

Gamecube
 - Geist - really cool looking FPS that i haven't tried more than 20 minutes of
 - Ikaruga - i love shmups but haven't done much with this
 - Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - got all the way to the tower of the gods before stopping for some unknown reason when i was young
 - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - no more than 30 minutes experience with this
 - Pikmin 1 & 2 - very little experience
 - Star Fox Assault - this looks awesome and i loved 64 but haven't tried it much
 - Super Mario Sunshine - a little experience

NES
 - Solar Jetman - played a lot as a kid but never got far
 - Super Mario Bros 2 - i've beaten the first and third
 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - love this one, played it a ton as a kid but never got far

SNES
 - F-Zero - very little experience

Wii
 - Cursed Mountain - picked it up after hearing crabby recommend it, tried it and like it but haven't done much
 - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - haven't touched it, waiting to finish every other game in the series first
 - Mario Kart Wii - like 7, going to complete every game in the series eventually
 - Pandora's Tower - really enjoyed The Last Story and want to see what the other Rainfall games are like
 - Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - looks cool
 - Super Mario Galaxy (and 2 but don't own it) - no excuse

Wii U
haven't finished anything on Wii U except New Super Mario Bros U, i want to finish all of what i own on it

Dreamcast
 - Phantasy Star Online (Ver. 2) - loved the original Phantasy Star, want to try this someday
 - Shenmue - hear a lot about this and want to see what the fuss is about
 - Resident Evil: Code Veronica - same as Shenmue

Genesis
 - haven't beaten any sonic game

Saturn
 - NiGHTS into Dreams - pop it in once in a while, never gotten far

PS1
 - Final Fantasy VII - no excuse
 - G-Darius - cool looking shooter, want to try finishing
 - Metal Gear Solid - no experience with series

PS2
 - Grand Theft Auto III - had been against trying this for a long time because i never cared for it, but i really need to try it at least
 - Hitman 2 & Blood Money - very little experience with series
 - Kingdom Hearts I & II - no experience with series
 - Tomb Raider: Legend - no experience with series
 - Okami - no excuse
 - Ratchet & Clank - only experience with series is watching a friend play one of them
 - Star Wars Battlefront - finished the second one but never the first, though i've played a ton of multiplayer on it
 - Xenosaga Episode I - no experience with series

PS3
 - Bioshock series - i have all of them on here (infinite comes with a download of the original apparently) but never touched them
 - Catherine - quirky, looks worth trying
 - Fallout 3 - no experience with series
 - God of War III - haven't finished 2 either but i finished the original
 - Lord of the Rings War in the North - a friend bought me the special edition for christmas a few years ago and i still haven't touched it yet
 - Mass Effect Trilogy - no excuse, no experience
 - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - haven't given this nearly enough time, it looks awesome
 - Remember Me - looks cool, haven't done more than 20 minutes
 - Saints Row 2 - no experience with series
 - Uncharted series - no experience

Steam:
 - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - got this for free from Bil, haven't touched it yet
 - Dead Space - not a huge horror fan but i like some of them, would be willing to try it. no experience with series
 - FEZ - got it on Fleach's recommendation, haven't touched it yet
 - Left 4 Dead 2 - no experience with series
 - Metro 2033 - keep hearing good things about the metro series but no experience with it
 - Portal 2 - finished the first, haven't touched this yet

this is almost closer to a backlog, but not quite. i left out a lot that i have interest in playing but i know most people wouldn't care about.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:24:41 PM by techwizard » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length