RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:52:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 25 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Poll
Question: Whose pile of shame was the worst?
Bil
Crabby
Duke

Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 25  (Read 20087 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: August 15, 2014, 05:45:40 PM »

Episode 25 is live!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 06:13:25 PM by Duke.Togo » Logged

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 10:04:33 AM »

SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING!

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »

SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING!

Makes 20 hour long podcast, 3 hours after release wonders why no one is talking about it.

Wink
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 03:17:15 PM by nupoile » Logged
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 11:31:42 AM »

Only a 1/3 of the way through. Waiting until after 11 today so I can make a hundred bucks on OT, for listening.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 02:49:08 PM »

I'm going to share my pile of shame on here.

Panzer Dragoon Saga: I've played about an hour of it to test it, am incredibly interested though. I'm right there with you Crabby in time its been on the shelf. BUT!!!! I have planned to play it after I get a copy of PDII Zwei so I can run through the trilogy.

Catherine: I've had this one for a few months and still haven't even fired it up. I don't know why since I love Atlus, probably just other games in my face right now.

Vagrant Story: I've never been the biggest fan of games set in Ivalice so this one's just been sitting on the shelf since I got it.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Last game I needed for the PS2 SMT set, just been sitting on the shelf and looking awesome.

Arc the Lad Collection: One of the best box sets ever released, but I have played some Arc the Lad 1, just haven't beaten it. I was planning on moving on to 2 and 3 after beating the first.

Xenosaga III: I've never beaten II and I only fired this up to test it the day I bought it.

Super Mario 64: Never had a 64 until recently. Even when I bought my DS and it was everywhere I just had no interest.

Super Paper Mario: I picked it up cheap but haven't had a Wii for a couple years.

Shining Force II: Was wanting to beat the first one before I went into this one.

Knights in the Nightmare: I've played a little bit of this but the very beginning was about a solid 3 hour wall of tutorials. Never went back, later stuff looks interesting and I've read good things about it.

God Hand: I love Okami, why haven't I played this crazy looking brawler by the same developers?

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 02:57:22 PM »

Definitely don't play Xenosaga III before completing the first two.  Catherine is a pretty short game so that might help you move it up your list a bit.

I'd say Super Mario 64 is the must play on your list. Its such an important game.

Many of the other ones on your list are also on my list (I cut mine down a bit to save time and so that it wouldnt just be me blabbing). I'd love to go through SMT, God Hand, Arc the Lad and Knights in Nightmare eventually as well.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 06:28:40 PM »

SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING!

That's cuz the damn podcast is so long!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 08:19:18 PM »

Good listen! Axe Battler should have been the show title. I laughed very hard at that part. I voted Crabby as the worst pile, based on: Panzer Dragoon Saga, Beyond Shadowgate, and Crusader of Centy.

My own pile of shame:

The biggest one (also my buddies) is that I still have not played any of the Arkham Batman games.
I own all three for PS3 and have never played any beyond a demo of Asylum before it was released

Ducktales 2- I was so pumped to add this game to my collection, and I told myself that I would play it as soon as I beat Ducktales Remastered...still need to beat the moon stage and on...So this one is kind of a double shame.

A lot of games on my pile of shame are games I have played very little of (less than an hour) and never picked up since. One of the big offenders of shame on my pile for that is:

Lords of Thunder- Probably the best side-scrolling shooter I own. It's freaking awesome and has a killer soundtrack. When I got it, I popped it in and couldn't figure out the right armor I needed for the stages I picked. Got my butt handed to me and put the game down. Haven't touched it since.

Another game in my collection that I kick myself for not having put much time into, and love the series, is Bioshock Infinite.

One game for PS2 that I own that I regret not having put any time into yet is Haunting Ground. I love the team that worked on RE4 and I believe they had something to do with this game. I love survival horror and I feel like I need to take this one on soon.

Speaking of Resident Evil, I bought RE6 on its release, played the first level. Turned it off. Havent touched it since. Need to play and finish.

Maybe I don't like survival horror as much as I think, because I haven't even touched my copy of Cursed Mountain for the Wii yet...

Another one for Wii that I have never played but own. This one is actually kind of shocking. Super Mario Galaxy 2.

The shame is overwhelming me. I will list two more and I am done.

For Genesis. I own but have only tested and not really played: Castlevania: Bloodlines and Contra: Hard Corps

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 10:32:34 AM »

You know, I really thought that gentlemen with collection sizes in relation to my own would have more games to be ashamed about.  My shame encompasses about sixty percent of my collection but also is flexible enough to stretch out and represent the MASSIVE amount of games that I want to play but do not own yet.  I guess it would be better if I was only into one or two platforms, but there a just so many games out there...  So exhausting to even thing about.  I guess it would be better if I wasn't just so nostalgic about games that I've already played (Silent Hill 2, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Super Metroid, etc.).  I've managed to remove most of my Famicom games from my "shame" list (playing them with my daughter), but Daiva and Child's Quest (all in Japanese with no script!) keep giving me strange looks whilst I play Three Dirty Dwarves.

You must not have seen the entire bunch of Forsaken ads...  When I worked at a game store they sent a special Forsaken calender that featured all the pics used in the ads.  Can't believe that these were actually in gaming magazines.

Arc the Lad Collection: One of the best box sets ever released, but I have played some Arc the Lad 1, just haven't beaten it. I was planning on moving on to 2 and 3 after beating the first.

While I do want to box again, I think I want to pick it up just to finish part 2.  No joke, the only console game that comes close to Baldur's Gate 2 in sheer amount of hours to finish.  I think it was only ten hours to finish part 1, though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:38:52 AM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 02:33:10 PM »

My response to the Padme vs. princess Leia debate:

Princess Leia is the only correct choice 'cuz she wasn't part of those gawdawful prequels. Well, not until the very end, anyway. Which wasn't her fault, 'cuz she was only 10 seconds old at the time. Anyone who feels otherwise should be locked up in a mental asylum along with the furries and Pokemon fanatics, never to see the light of day again. The last thing we need are these sick degenerates walking the earth, infecting the rest of the world with their depraved prequel fandom.

'Course, if they repent and take the Lord Portal Master Eon of the Skylands as their personal savior, then I might be swayed to forgive them their appalling transgressions...

UPDATE: Hey Duke, I just heard the commercial you narrated following the Facebook questions segment. I thought you did a pretty solid job of bein' a pitchman there. No over-the-top Billy Mays nonsense, which is good, 'cuz that crap annoys me.

Now, if you don't  mind me asking: did you do that all in one take? And if so, how many takes did you do before you got it just right? Did you have any creative input in the ad copy?

'Late
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:49:58 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 04:44:10 PM »

UPDATE: Hey Duke, I just heard the commercial you narrated following the Facebook questions segment. I thought you did a pretty solid job of bein' a pitchman there. No over-the-top Billy Mays nonsense, which is good, 'cuz that crap annoys me.

Now, if you don't  mind me asking: did you do that all in one take? And if so, how many takes did you do before you got it just right? Did you have any creative input in the ad copy?

Thanks for noticing, Zag. I did what you heard in one take. I'd say I did it around 4 times before I got it the way I wanted it, which was without me screwing it up.

I didn't contribute to the ad writing, other than offering one small suggestion. They did a good job of writing it themselves. I hope it works for them and gives them some more traffic, both for their sake and in hopes they advertise again. It's expensive feeding a Crabmaster, you know.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 08:17:22 AM »

Thanks for noticing, Zag. I did what you heard in one take. I'd say I did it around 4 times before I got it the way I wanted it, which was without me screwing it up.

I didn't contribute to the ad writing, other than offering one small suggestion. They did a good job of writing it themselves. I hope it works for them and gives them some more traffic, both for their sake and in hopes they advertise again. It's expensive feeding a Crabmaster, you know.

Caviar diet. Doctor's orders

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 12:48:29 PM »

What the hell is with the ad?

My shame list would be pretty much and really really good Xbox 360 game. Some because they take so long. Some because teh achievements suck so I haven't played it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:53:27 PM by Tynstar » Logged

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 01:02:57 PM »

My shame list would be pretty much and really really good Xbox 360 game. Some because they take so long. Some because teh achievements suck so I haven't played it.

So we're talking like what? 2 games tops?? Wink jk

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 01:18:32 PM »

Yes, the ad.

The three of us volunteer our time. Duke more so than Crabby and myself because of the editing and the work of posting the show to multiple locations and managing those sites, but that is where the free-ness ends.  Hosting costs money.  Duke can speak to it better than I can since he manages the finances also, but the cost for hosting the podcast increases the more people that download it.  This is why older episodes are no longer available in locations that rely on a hosted file from us.

We are very grateful for the donations that people choose to give to the RFGeneration Collectorcast but we don't make enough in donations to cover the cost of hosting the show.

The decision to include an ad in the show was a tough one, but as long as the ads are relevant to our audience and not overly intrusive, we think that they are a minor price to pay for Duke not having to get a part time job teaching Excel to support the show.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length