RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:32:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 25 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Poll
Question: Whose pile of shame was the worst?
Bil
Crabby
Duke

Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 25  (Read 19961 times)
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 01:12:12 PM »

I agree with Crabby about Graveyard of the Fireflies. It is the most depressing movie I have ever seen.

Also Crabby is the only person to ever say they would rather play Mass Effect on the Wii U over the PS3 or 360.

Just finished the episode and the last two minutes, AMAZING!!!!!!

Unfortunately I think you may be right about Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U Wink

On any cross platform game I dont think anyone has said "Boy I want to play this on the Wii U". How do I know this? Look at third party support for the Wii U.

I need to speak up then Smiley

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 01:20:17 PM »

Nothing speaks louder than dolla dolla billz.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 01:38:02 PM »

I've only got so many!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 02:26:28 PM »

Bil, your description of why the combat in Alan Wake is so satisfying was right on the money. Love Remedy. Love that game.

Eternal Sonata is one of my favorite games of all time. Crabby, when you get around to it, I think you'll like it. I'm into the bright colors and loud sounds as well, and playing Eternal Sonata is like playing slot machine that hits the jackpot on every pull.

I still have a way to go in the episode, just wanted to throw my thoughts out there before I forgot. Looking forward to sharing my pile here.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2014, 03:21:10 PM »

Bil, your description of why the combat in Alan Wake is so satisfying was right on the money. Love Remedy. Love that game.

Eternal Sonata is one of my favorite games of all time. Crabby, when you get around to it, I think you'll like it. I'm into the bright colors and loud sounds as well, and playing Eternal Sonata is like playing slot machine that hits the jackpot on every pull.

I still have a way to go in the episode, just wanted to throw my thoughts out there before I forgot. Looking forward to sharing my pile here.

Despite the few warnings I've heard I'm still quite interested in playing Eternal Sonata. Unlike some other games.....(Mass Effect 3 for instance...... Wink)

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »

I've only got so many!

What you need to do is get people to buy the Wii add-on.....I meant Wii U. ( I watched the announcement at E3 a few years back everyone was confused). Then you need to get those people who bought it to buy games not made by Nintendo. I think the only people that bought the Wii U are fanboys and they only buy Nintendo games. Smiley

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2014, 03:40:33 PM »

I've only got so many!

What you need to do is get people to buy the Wii add-on.....I meant Wii U. ( I watched the announcement at E3 a few years back everyone was confused). Then you need to get those people who bought it to buy games not made by Nintendo. I think the only people that bought the Wii U are fanboys and they only buy Nintendo games. Smiley

Hey! We buy other games too......sometimes

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2014, 05:55:18 PM »

I've only got so many!

To sell in your store doesnt count.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2014, 07:28:36 PM »

I've only got so many!

To sell in your store doesnt count.

Getting burned by Tynstar left and right these days. I gotta get some more sleep.....

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2014, 11:18:02 PM »

And you have to get me a list of the Xbox 360 games you have for me Smiley

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »

Alright so before I share my pile of shame, just a few more comments on the rest of the show now that I've heard the whole thing.

I felt a little bit of shame when Duke, someone with a public voice whom I respect and look up to, promulgated the myth that the PS Vita "doesn't have any games." I have over thirty games on my Vita from Playstation Plus alone, and that's with having to have deleted a few for space. The Vita has more games than the 3DS, at least if you count all regions, which you can because the Vita is not region locked like the 3DS is. Duke, I think maybe what you wanted to say was that there are no games on Vita that interest you in particular, and it doesn't matter to me if you sell your Vita. It's your loss. It was just a shame to hear you pull the "Vita has no games" card.

As much as I love KOTOR, Jade Empire is better.

And now my pile of shame. I'm glad the collectorcast crew differentiated the pile of shame from the backlog. As collectors we all have ridiculous backlogs but I'm not ashamed of having yet to play Batman Arkham Origins.

My sentiments on the Hyperdimension Neptunia series would echo Crabby's exactly. I couldn't wait to get my hands on these games as they came but they never seem to be on the top of my list to play. Actually you could add pretty much any NIS or Aksys Anime RPG on the PS3 including Cross Edge, Mugen Souls, and Trinity Universe. I frequently claim to love these kinds of games but I have played very few from this generation. 

I was actually thinking about writing a thread called "Series of which you own every game but have played none." But I think I can post a lot of them here. To be honest, Wind Waker was the first Zelda game I ever played and the first and only Final Fantasy game I have played to completion is the PS1 remake of the first one. So I guess you can say any other Zelda or Final Fantasy games are in my pile.

Other such series for me are Harvest Moon, Disgaea, Digimon World, Wild Arms, The "Xeno" games, and the entire Dot Hack series. I own all or most of the games in each of these series and haven't touched any of them.

Probably my biggest shame is having not played the original Silent Hill to completion. I played Silent Hill 2 and 3 to completion and loved them both. I tried pretty recently to play Silent Hill with my wife but there is an odd sound glitch when playing the disc on a PS3 so we stopped. We'll play it on our PS2 some day but it was just one of those things where we went to play it, found the sound glitch and said screw it.

Honorable mention to pretty much every Resident Evil game before RE4. I played a lot of RE2 and probably about two thirds of Code Veronica, but to be honest I've hardly touched 1 or 3 and haven't completed any of them.

Anyway great show guys. Awesome topic, good conversation. Keep up the good work!  Smiley

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2014, 08:57:38 PM »

I've got 40 Vita games in my collection right now Ghost and I actually agree with Duke. Its slim pickins. I'm going strictly by physical releases though and its a wasteland. Literally nothing new announced at E3 or Gamescom either. I could easily narrow it down to the 7 or 8 I'd keep to play and there are about half a dozen other games I'd like to pick up eventually. Its got somewhere around 100 games out for it at the moment. That is sad for the amount of time its been on the market. Since you brought up the 3DS that system has nearly 3x as many games out on it.

Like I said though I'm only going by physical releases and I'm sure its a VERY different story if you factor in digital titles.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2014, 09:48:54 PM »

I won't argue the point that games exist for the Vita, so yes, I should state "No games for me on the Vita." I'm just a bit sour on Sony handhelds after owning both the PSP and Vita, and being disappointed by both. I did manage to find several PSP games that I really enjoyed, but it seems that Vita just never got off the ground with support. I'm in with Crabby, in that I look for physical games unless I am getting them for free.

For shame on the Final Fantasy games, GrayGhost. I think that 4, 5, and 6 should be experienced by anyone that even remotely enjoys RPGs.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2014, 01:13:09 AM »

I disagree with you Ghost on saying you have to count all regions. Most people do not import games. A lot of collectors dont even import games. When I see a Vita in the store I always think you yeah that is out. People talked about the Vita even less than the Wii U. I n the US and maybe other regions the Vita is pretty much dead.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2014, 04:25:39 AM »

@Tynstar - What you're saying about importing is fair. I really brought it up because I was having a hard time finding data on exactly how many North American releases there are, so I went with the grand total.

And I'm not arguing the success of the Vita or how much Sony supports it, etc. I was just arguing that the notion that it doesn't have any games is false. There are plenty and tons more on the way. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length