RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:51:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | New gaming focused Goodwill store called Grid 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: New gaming focused Goodwill store called Grid  (Read 7946 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 03:27:46 PM »

Well............looks like I'm headed down toward Charlotte tonight. The store is open until 9:00, so I'm going to stop by and check it out first-hand. Will report back. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 04:42:34 PM »

Good Luck...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 07:55:27 AM »

And the verdict is?  We are all waiting in suspense!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 08:10:10 AM »

This is the typical case of don't judge a book by its cover, or more importantly, don't let your impression of Goodwill cloud trying something out at least once. I actually thought the store was really awesome! Their selection of games was awesome (several boxed CIB NES, SMS, 32X, and even GG titles), the employees were super nice, and the prices were actually really fair. I was trying to determine what made people comment on disliking the store and the only thing I could come up with is that there really weren't any of the more popular titles (Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, etc.) there. I assume these get picked through quick and since this place depends on donations, they don't stay in the store long. I grabbed several tougher to mind games that I had been looking for and I'll probably post a pic of them when I'm not on the road. Anyway, I thought this place was great and can't wait to check it out again.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 08:14:17 AM »

Interesting thread here. Yeah here in CT it's not different with the Savers and Goodwills. All the prices have gotten super high. Things are priced all over the place.
They also get items from target and sell them for high prices. These were clearance items at Target for a few bucks now marked up.

I also don't like when they ask if you would like to round up the change to donate it. I'm already paying high prices, no thanks.

I'm all for charity but Goodwill is no longer for low income families. Maybe I some clothes,but I even look for furniture as well and those prices are sky high as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »

My local Goodwill must be an oddity, because most everything here is pretty reasonably priced.  They charge no more than 4 bucks for most games, cartridge or disc-based, unless they're multi-disc PC games, and even then I've only seen them charge, at most, 8 bucks.  As for their Target resell items, they mark them down well past their clearance prices, and I've not seen any furniture go for more than 40 bucks, which in that particular case was for a very nice, large, almost-new entertainment center.  Only problem with ours, though, is it's a pretty small store, so the selection is generally not too huge for any one type of item.  Other than that, I've found some pretty decent stuff in there, and so far have no intentions of stopping.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:48:13 PM by TheSaintOfPain » Logged

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 07:02:08 PM »

My local Goodwill NEVER has any gaming stuff. EVER.

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 07:34:38 PM »

My local Goodwill NEVER has any gaming stuff. EVER.

I think you are in the majority and the Goodwills in my town are the same way. This a specialty store for computers and video games that Goodwill created in Charlotte. It's not the norm for what shows up in Goodwills. Plus, with Goodwill now online, you might want to look at your nearest city on shopgoodwill.com and bid on games/consoles. That's where all of their good stuff goes now.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length