RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:45:38 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2014 Retro Shmup Suggestions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: December 2014 Retro Shmup Suggestions  (Read 7178 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 07:04:34 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but please keep in mind the cost. Einhander is typically a $50+ title.

Magical Chase!!

Ain't no one got time for that.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 08:35:11 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but please keep in mind the cost. Einhander is typically a $50+ title.

Magical Chase!!

You sir, are a Bully.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 10:11:30 AM »

If Magical Chase is on the table then why not Keio Flying Squadron?

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 12:03:49 PM »

Or Thunderbolt II for the Genesis? Wink

Btw, I'm totally up for this.

Keelah se'lai
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 09:31:16 AM »

I went through and added some other noted shmups on these systems. I also removed some of the pricier titles as a means of increasing participation. Voting will start for the NES in the next few days, so get your suggestions in if you have them.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 01:21:22 PM »

Just bought 1/2 of the SNES games on the list, from eBay. I want to guarantee I get to play!

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 07:57:29 AM »

Just a thought here and wanted to throw it out to the community for feedback:

I've been looking over the PSX shmups suggested for December and it seems that a few of them could be pricey (as most are on this system). My main goal for the playthrough is to max out participation and in doing so, try to keep it affordable for most of our members. I like having a PSX title in the mix to add variety, but I fear it may deter some members from playing all of the games during the month. My thought is that after the Genesis voting, I might pull the runner's up and second runner's up from each category (NES, SNES, Genesis) and we can vote on those 6 games as our 4th title for the month.  Does this sound better, or would you rather stick with playing a PSX title as the 4th game? Please let me know on this thread of send me a PM. I'm good for doing whatever the community decides. Thanks

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 11:22:11 AM »

Can I suggest adding Mobile Light Force to the PSX voting? It's Gunbird, and it is very affordable, though I still have not been able to find one.

Although, I think you might be right that people won't play the PS1 game anyway.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 11:24:55 AM »

Yeah, I'll add it for sure. Looks like a cool title. Can't believe I don't have this on my watch list.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 11:25:44 AM »

Geki-Oh Shooting King isn't too bad money wise either.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 11:28:10 AM »

Most of them are not really bad in terms of price, but I figure with 8 total games for the month, it might add up heavily for some. It's good that we are announcing games now so that people can go ahead and locate them if needed.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 12:47:26 PM »

Just a thought here and wanted to throw it out to the community for feedback:

I've been looking over the PSX shmups suggested for December and it seems that a few of them could be pricey (as most are on this system). My main goal for the playthrough is to max out participation and in doing so, try to keep it affordable for most of our members. I like having a PSX title in the mix to add variety, but I fear it may deter some members from playing all of the games during the month. My thought is that after the Genesis voting, I might pull the runner's up and second runner's up from each category (NES, SNES, Genesis) and we can vote on those 6 games as our 4th title for the month.  Does this sound better, or would you rather stick with playing a PSX title as the 4th game? Please let me know on this thread of send me a PM. I'm good for doing whatever the community decides. Thanks

I'd like some more feedback on this if anyone has anything to add. Thanks

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 05:08:27 PM »

even not paying attention to price, we have a lot of games being played that month and i don't expect everyone to play all of them. if we have a handful of slightly more expensive titles i don't think it'll be a huge problem, especially if they're ones that at least a few people already own.

that being said, with the sheer number of PS games i would be surprised if there aren't more cheap shmups
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2014, 10:23:45 AM »

Our retro shmup playthrough list has been finalized for December. Thanks to all who voted.

Gradius (NES)
U.N. Squadron (SNES)
Lightening Force (Genesis)
Raycrisis (PSX)

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length