RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:15:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Voting: NES Shmup Retro Playthrough 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Poll
Question: Which NES shmup do you want to play in December?
Gradius   -5 (41.7%)
Dragon Spirit   -3 (25%)
Gun.Smoke   -4 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Voting: NES Shmup Retro Playthrough  (Read 7246 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »

Please vote for the NES game you want to play in December. One vote per person. Result will be shown when the voting is over in 3 days. Please only vote if you are intending on joining the playthrough in December. Mods, please do not mention which game(s) are in the lead. I would like for the voting to remain untainted and for people to choose the game they really want to play. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:18:04 PM by techwizard » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 07:43:09 PM »

This is going to be interesting with so many game choices. Hopefully enough people plan on joining the playthrough, to have a definitive game by voting.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:19:21 PM »

Voted!

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 01:15:29 AM »

Is the plan to come up with 4 singular games for 4 different retro systems? Or are we taking the 4 most voted from above and doing an all NES retro shmup lineup? I was hoping for at least one Genesis shmup so I could see what all the talk is about for the shmups on that system.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 08:14:05 AM »

We will vote for the game on each system. SNES, Genesis, and PSX votes to come soon.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 09:22:05 AM »

I voted!

There is only one of those games that I own though, so it wasn't a hard choice.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 11:24:27 AM »

I voted!

There is only one of those games that I own though, so it wasn't a hard choice.

Same here. I am pretty sure I only own the one game from the list, and I am not even sure I own it, I will have to dig and look.

Very excited for this playthrough, I stink at shmups, but still excited to play with you guys.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 09:20:52 AM »

Hey now,

So long as it doesn't end up being Zanac or Dragon Spirit-- 'cuz I don't own either of those-- I'm in. Then again, I just might encounter them in the wild the meantime, you  never know.

BTW I voted for a title that I own but haven't tried yet. It's likely a long shot to win, though.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 10:09:48 AM »

Voting will close soon, please vote ASAP if you plan on playing in December. It's a tight race.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 11:29:27 AM »

Voting will close soon, please vote ASAP if you plan on playing in December. It's a tight race.

Might need to do a runoff if there's a tie for the top spot.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 11:33:45 AM »

Might need to do a runoff if there's a tie for the top spot.

Of course, the plan is to take any games tied at the top and do a revote. If two games are tied again, I'd just do a coin flip. Tongue

Can you guys see the results yet? Let me know when you can, since I always see the numbers on my end as the mod.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 11:44:20 AM »

I can see the results now.  Looks like a 3 way tie....

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

stillplayingnes
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 11:55:37 AM »

As the new guy around here I'd like to get involved before the voting closes. 
Is there a FAQ on what the rules/regulations are of participating in one of these?
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 12:38:37 PM »

As the new guy around here I'd like to get involved before the voting closes. 
Is there a FAQ on what the rules/regulations are of participating in one of these?

Nope, just vote. Thanks for participating and welcome to the site!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 12:58:42 PM »

I can see the results now.  Looks like a 3 way tie....

In that case, I'll reset the voting for 2 more days and the only options will be the top 3 games. Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length